Santa's knife

Ask questions and share your knowlege about custom knives. Make sure to show off your stuff if you are a knife maker or collector.
hellize

Santa's knife

Post by hellize »

Merry Christmas!

A freshly finished carbon steel cutter.
It is 28.5 cm / 11.5 inches long with a 16 cm /6.3 inches long blade, which I forged of 5160. The handle is full tang, made of stabilized burl.

Day 1: something's not quite right. I can't really tell what's off, but the employees are behaving stranger than usual. Must keep an eye on them. Can't let the production rate suffer, after all.
Day 4: something's definitely fishy! Today, I caught one of them taking a break! Unbelievable! What will become of this establishment if we can't keep the deadline?
Day 7: the situation deteriorated further. Today the little bastards went on a strike. They want to get payed. Couldn't believe my ears. What's next?
Day 11: they are getting aggressive. First they started yelling with me, than one of them threw a gingerbread man at me with a foaming mouth. I locked myself into the office, just in case.
Day 16: the factory floor is empty, the assembly lines have stopped all together. They are wandering aimlessly amongst the machines. Seems to me that they are loosing more and more of what's left of their sanity. I also ran out of milk two days ago, and the cookies will only last a few more days at best. Might resort to eating licorice. Yuck!
Day 18: the great hall is empty, they all vanished in the dark of the night. I hear strange noises from the vents. Could it be them?
Day 19: no more licorice left.
Day 21: one of them jumped on me from the vent! Managed to whack him with a huge candy cane. Little bugger was horribly disfigured with unusually elongated ears. and googling eyes, his body turned all green, covered with lumps and bumps and deep scratches. They might be fighting among themselves as well. Can't remain here anymore. I will make a run for the hangar tomorrow.
Day 23: yes, I have made it! The vehicle is still intact and the automatons kept the animals well. Will try to shut down the reactor core underneath, before I leave. The freezing polar conditions will make short work of these abominations as soon as the temperature drops below zero.

System log: reactor core unstable of unknown reasons. System failure and core meltdown imminent.

Day 24: all set. Deer in place, sled on track. Flight suit on (wish it wasn't red thou)
All I have to do is cut the last cooling tubes and... damn it! Where's my knife???
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
csizmar szilard
Eustace

Re: Santa's knife

Post by Eustace »

Great knife as always! How are you, neighbor?
And in the end, did the reactor explode? :D
hellize

Post by hellize »

Eustace wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:01 pm Great knife as always! How are you, neighbor?
And in the end, did the reactor explode? :D
Thanks a lot! :)
Well.... so so. This wasn't really my year. Hope the next one will be kinder to me.
As for the reactor... that is on your imagination do decide and finish the story ;)
csizmar szilard
Eustace

Post by Eustace »

hellize wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:07 pm
As for the reactor... that is on your imagination do decide and finish the story ;)

I'd better not do that, that's fine. A mix of Shackley and King with a touch of Transylvanian mysticism...
hellize

Post by hellize »

Eustace wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:19 pm
hellize wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:07 pm

I'd better not do that, that's fine. A mix of Shackley and King with a touch of Transylvanian mysticism...
:D
csizmar szilard
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Great looking blade!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
hellize

Post by hellize »

Steve Warden wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:58 pm Great looking blade!
Thank you :)
csizmar szilard
Oledadsknives

Post by Oledadsknives »

3E5C1A9B-AFAA-4A60-882B-232369C0B317.png
Hellize, one of Santa’s elf’s ordered his own knife from me for the mutiny the elves are planning!!
Jimbo
You can lead a person to wisdom, but you can’t make them think ::nod::
Where I am is where I’ll be!!
Jimbo
hellize

Post by hellize »

Oledadsknives wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:50 pm 3E5C1A9B-AFAA-4A60-882B-232369C0B317.pngHellize, one of Santa’s elf’s ordered his own knife from me for the mutiny the elves are planning!!
Jimbo
Nice and tight pattern. Congratulations! :D
csizmar szilard
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

hellize wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:53 pm Merry Christmas!

It is 28.5 cm / 11.5 inches long with a 16 cm /6.3 inches long blade, which I forged of 5160. The handle is full tang, made of stabilized burl.

Day 1: something's not quite right. I can't really tell what's off, but the employees are behaving stranger than usual. Must keep an eye on them. Can't let the production rate suffer, after all.
Day 4: something's definitely fishy! Today, I caught one of them taking a break! Unbelievable! What will become of this establishment if we can't keep the deadline?
Day 7: the situation deteriorated further. Today the little bastards went on a strike. They want to get payed. Couldn't believe my ears. What's next?
Day 11: they are getting aggressive. First they started yelling with me, than one of them threw a gingerbread man at me with a foaming mouth. I locked myself into the office, just in case.
Day 16: the factory floor is empty, the assembly lines have stopped all together. They are wandering aimlessly amongst the machines. Seems to me that they are loosing more and more of what's left of their sanity. I also ran out of milk two days ago, and the cookies will only last a few more days at best. Might resort to eating licorice. Yuck!
Day 18: the great hall is empty, they all vanished in the dark of the night. I hear strange noises from the vents. Could it be them?
Day 21: one of them jumped on me from the vent! Managed to whack him with a huge candy cane. Little bugger was horribly disfigured with unusually elongated ears. and googling eyes, his body turned all green, covered with lumps and bumps and deep scratches. They might be fighting among themselves as well. Can't remain here anymore. I will make a run for the hangar tomorrow.
Day 23: yes, I have made it! The vehicle is still intact and the automatons kept the animals well. Will try to shut down the reactor core underneath, before I leave. The freezing polar conditions will make short work of these abominations as soon as the temperature drops below zero.

System log: reactor core unstable of unknown reasons. System failure and core meltdown imminent.

Day 24: all set. Deer in place, sled on track. Flight suit on (wish it wasn't red thou)
All I have to do is cut the last cooling tubes and... damn it! Where's my knife???

Damn dude, you may have outdone yourself on this one.
I dig it!!
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
hellize

Post by hellize »

edge213 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:08 am
hellize wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:53 pm Merry Christmas!

Damn dude, you may have outdone yourself on this one.
I dig it!!
Hehe... it was written just for you! ;) with the help of many glasses of special Christmas vine, I concocted to celebrate my survival of yet another Yule :D
csizmar szilard
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Very cool story, as usual! Awesome knife too, also as usual! Looks like Santa will have to outsource next year, glad he is on track for possible success currently. 🎅
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Oledadsknives

Post by Oledadsknives »

Really like that handle hellize. I know that took a lot of expertise to build. Great job on the sheath also!!

Jimbo
Jimbo
hellize

Post by hellize »

1967redrider wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:55 pm Very cool story, as usual! Awesome knife too, also as usual! Looks like Santa will have to outsource next year, glad he is on track for possible success currently. 🎅
Hehe, thanks a lot! :)
Don't worry about Santa, he's a though guy. An immortal mutant even, according to marvel ::groove::
csizmar szilard
hellize

Post by hellize »

Oledadsknives wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:22 pm Really like that handle hellize. I know that took a lot of expertise to build. Great job on the sheath also!!

Jimbo
Thank you! :)
Well, I am making these knives for some time. One might even consider me old :mrgreen:
csizmar szilard
Oledadsknives

Post by Oledadsknives »

You’re not old, just real experienced!!

Jimbo
Jimbo
hellize

Post by hellize »

Oledadsknives wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 2:12 am You’re not old, just real experienced!!

Jimbo
csizmar szilard

Return to “Custom Knives”