Comfort Knives!

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Comfort Knives!

Post by Madmarco »

Samb wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:32 am Been having a lot of senior moments lately! Getting old ain't no picnic.
I hear ya my friend, me too! I think I'm gonna refuse to get any older, whad'ya think? ::shrug:: 8)
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Hope it’s okay to include a knife that I “would” be comforted by owning someday. A authentic Bob Loveless is one on my bucket list. It would definitely be a knife that would comfort me a lot.
The other two are ones I currently own and I do like them and enjoy them a lot.
Attachments
D5E37A8F-954E-43FC-8C83-082671048D08.jpeg
88EBF1F1-4CEE-4FDF-9DD9-ABFBC31F5EFA.jpeg
637F1EEE-9C8A-4450-A539-BB1360D9E711.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

I can see why you want that Loveless. Fine lookin’ knife there! As are your other two!
Tim
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” - Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:51 am Hope it’s okay to include a knife that I “would” be comforted by owning someday. A authentic Bob Loveless is one on my bucket list. It would definitely be a knife that would comfort me a lot.
Of course "would" knife posts are welcome here my friend, in fact it's an excellent idea! I know I've run out of current pieces to post so if I could figure out how to transfer online pictures to my posts here I could liven things up a bit with my future "want" pictures. In the meantime anyone wishing to follow-up on this idea from Mark please feel free to go ahead. I can easily see why the Loveless is in your dreams, it's a gorgeous knife, and knowing your love for Hattori's I'm not surprised you derive much comfort from that beauty. I also own and love my copy of your custom made Special Edition SSk Moki 433/533 since they are so well built and comfortable in one's hand, and are loads of fun and comfort one-hand opening/closing them over and over. Great post and good to see you Mark. 8)
8)
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

All three of your knives, Mark, are certainly comforting. The lines of the Loveless are so crisp and clean that it may be the ultimate grail knife. I sincerely hope you acquire one.
Samb

Post by Samb »

Madmarco wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:58 pm
Samb wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:32 am Been having a lot of senior moments lately! Getting old ain't no picnic.
I hear ya my friend, me too! I think I'm gonna refuse to get any older, whad'ya think? ::shrug:: 8)
Good luck with that cause it sure didn't work for me. I had to put my number in my phone, pharmacy asks for it when you pick up a script and I have to ask my son. Getting old ain't purdy but it beats the alternative, so I've been told.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

::rotflol:: ::clapping:: ::rotflol:: , yep! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

So it seems that fellow member Steamboat Willie is thinning out his collection a bit so he gifted this knife to me and I believe other knives to other members too if I remember correctly. It's a 9 3/4" oal 1971 Case P172L SSP "BOSS" lockback clasp knife with a SS clip-point blade, NS bolsters, brass liners and pins, and gorgeous brown grained Pakkawood covers with NS shield. Has a generous weight of about 6 oz.'s and came to me factory sharpened. It opens with a comfortable pull of about 4, and closes with a resounding "clack". For a knife that's over 50 years old it maintains it's perfect fit n' finish. There's an etch of a Bulldog and the word "BOSS" on the front blade, and they use to have an etch reading "Buffalo" on the older versions. I didn't have this style represented in my collection yet so this was a perfect choice by Willie for me. Not knowing anything about this knife I researched it online and found used copies ranging from US$105.-$335. for the older "Buffalo" version and this "Boss" version, and I'm really hoping it didn't cost Willie anywhere near that much. Thank you again buddy, I really like my new knife! 8)
WIN_20220815_16_04_49_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220815_16_04_11_Pro.jpg
8)
gordonjohn

Post by gordonjohn »

That is one heck of a knife and one heck of a gift steamboat Willie laid on you , I know how much you like one bladed knives so this one fits right in. that one fills up the hand and then some ::groove::
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

Awesome gift, Marco! I know you’re proud of that one!
Tim
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” - Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks a bunch Gordy and Tim! ::handshake:: And you're both right on all counts, it's a BIG 1-blader' and really fills up my hand, and I am truly proud of my new gift! It's been awhile since any of us posted in this thread, and it sure feels good to me to be back on familiar ground! 8)
8)
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Madmarco wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:31 pm Thanks a bunch Gordy and Tim! ::handshake:: And you're both right on all counts, it's a BIG 1-blader' and really fills up my hand, and I am truly proud of my new gift! It's been awhile since any of us posted in this thread, and it sure feels good to me to be back on familiar ground! 8)
Congratulations Marco see being a good guy does pay off
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
www.allaboutpocketknives.com/jamieinwv
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:51 am Hope it’s okay to include a knife that I “would” be comforted by owning someday. A authentic Bob Loveless is one on my bucket list. It would definitely be a knife that would comfort me a lot.
The Loveless knife is awesome three thumbs up for the double nude logo ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::groove::
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

JamieinWV wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:33 pm
Madmarco wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:31 pm Thanks a bunch Gordy and Tim! ::handshake:: And you're both right on all counts, it's a BIG 1-blader' and really fills up my hand, and I am truly proud of my new gift! It's been awhile since any of us posted in this thread, and it sure feels good to me to be back on familiar ground! 8)
Thanks buddy, but are you implying I'm NOT a good guy? ::shrug:: LOL! 8)
8)
EC_Snooker

Post by EC_Snooker »

I find these two comforting......
Attachments
20220808_223131.jpg
20220808_223408.jpg
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

EC, I particularly admire the classic lines of your Al Mar.
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

Two good lookin’ ones there, EC!
Tim
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Madmarco wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:12 am
Only if the shoe fits…Cinderella
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Some terrific knives on show, and what a great gesture from Steamboat Willie! ::tu::
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

EC_Snooker wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:02 am I find these two comforting......
..."so do I EC!"... ::tu:: Welcome to this thread and please feel free to post your knives. I really like your AL Mar, but then who doesn't! Which model is yours, Osprey, Hawk, Falcon, Eagle? ::shrug:: I must admit I'm stumped about what make the first knife is too? ::shrug:: Thx! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

JamieinWV wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:04 pm

Since I don't own any red shoes I figure I'm in the clear...Wicked Witch
8)
EC_Snooker

Post by EC_Snooker »

Madmarco wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:22 pm
..."so do I EC!"... ::tu:: Welcome to this thread and please feel free to post your knives. I really like your AL Mar, but then who doesn't! Which model is yours, Osprey, Hawk, Falcon, Eagle? ::shrug:: I must admit I'm stumped about what make the first knife is too? ::shrug:: Thx! 8)
Thanks all for the positive comments!

Top one is Chris Reeve Mnandi dressed in Box Elder.

The Al Mar is a Falcon Ultralight Model 1003UBK2T. Absolutely one of my favorites. I bought it new in April of 2013.
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Madmarco wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 pm
I’ve been putting in a good word for you so Santa will bring you something good this year…
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

EC_Snooker wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:19 pm
Madmarco wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:22 pm
Thanks all for the positive comments!

Top one is Chris Reeve Mnandi dressed in Box Elder.

The Al Mar is a Falcon Ultralight Model 1003UBK2T. Absolutely one of my favorites. I bought it new in April of 2013.
Thanks for the additional info EC. Your Chris Reeve really had me stumped cuz I've not seen any of his knives that didn't look like his large and small Sebenza's. I did an online search of his knives and ended-up at his website where I saw all his models including yours and I'm impressed. It's not surprising you're so fond of your Al Mar "Falcon", I've wanted an "Eagle" for a long time, but the high price has stopped me. They build some of their knives in China and those come with a much lower price, but cover material choices are very limited so I'll keep waiting. Enjoy your knives! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

JamieinWV wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:24 pm
Madmarco wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 pm

I’ve been putting in a good word for you so Santa will bring you something good this year…
LOL! Thanks buddy, you always have my back! ::handshake:: 8)
8)

Return to “General Knife Discussion”