KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

Post by toomanyknives »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:11 pm
toomanyknives wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:52 am
GSPTOPDOG wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:37 pm A few items from over the weekend.
You can't top the Spartan helmet, TOPDOG! ::tu::
Thanks! I saw it and I could not pass it up... :) Now I just need to find a big bronze shield some greaves and a xiphos! ::nod::
Ha!
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I never say anything but Scott amazes the bejesus out of me. He has a finely tuned nose for this kind of thing and I am in awe with what he comes up with.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:05 pm
TripleF wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:20 am
GSPTOPDOG wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:39 pm

This may not be a Harley Davidson 50th Anniversary by Buck Custom ::paranoid:: ... but it's pretty close... ::paranoid:: sort of .... :oops:.... ::facepalm::
What do you mean?
I guess I meant some guys have ALL the LUCK...(or more likely skill)... and then there is me :oops: ... That being said I am voting for Scott as "AAPK Number One Picker of the Year" award... ::hmm:: if that award exist that is... ::hmm:: ... : I think everyone would agree that FFF (at least from what I have seen lately ::paranoid:: ) has the best and biggest finds of the day ::nod:: ::tu::
Secondend.
::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

jerryd6818 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:30 pm I never say anything but Scott amazes the bejesus out of me. He has a finely tuned nose for this kind of thing and I am in awe with what he comes up with.
You're right Jerry, I've been saying that about Scott ever since I joined AAPK.
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

dlr110 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:56 am
jerryd6818 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:30 pm I never say anything but Scott amazes the bejesus out of me. He has a finely tuned nose for this kind of thing and I am in awe with what he comes up with.
You're right Jerry, I've been saying that about Scott ever since I joined AAPK.
Yup, same here brother... ::nod::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

::oh_my:: I am still blown away by the Harley Davidson 50th Anniversary by Buck Custom USA he found ::oh_my:: That is a Beauty! ::nod::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

I found this in a box with a bunch of old Kline and sons Hook Bill/Blade Pruners. I had that box tucked away and all but forgotten :roll: and there inside is a Short-line #1 ::woot::
Attachments
DSCF7139.JPG
DSCF7143.JPG
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:01 am I found this in a box with a bunch of old Kline and sons Hook Bill/Blade Pruners. I had that box tucked away and all but forgotten :roll: and there inside is a Short-line #1 ::woot::
Nice Surprise ::tu::
Blade looks to be almost full. Don’t see many from the late 1940 s that aren’t all used up . That looks to be in better shape than the one you posted on short line thread the other day .
JP
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

GSP..... what a pleasant surprise. Great old knife and in great shape. Someone thought enough of it to personalize it. ::tu:: ::tu::
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Picked up two at the Superior Wisc. gun show this afternoon; a Little bone Ulster K Co. stockman witha calif. clip master blade and a ebony LF&C sleeveboard for w whopping $7 each.____Dave
Attachments
DSC01277.JPG
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

djknife13 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:24 pm Picked up two at the Superior Wisc. gun show this afternoon; a Little bone Ulster K Co. stockman witha calif. clip master blade and a ebony LF&C sleeveboard for w whopping $7 each.____Dave

::tu:: ::tu::
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

You're a thief. Great looking knives and a super price. ::handshake::
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

That's a steal and they to be in great shape too.... ::tu::
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Dave, you did good! Congratulations on being in the right place at the right time. ::nod::
That sort of find makes the trip worthwhile! HOK’s that can be enjoyed. ::clapping::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

djknife13 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:24 pm Picked up two at the Superior Wisc. gun show this afternoon; a Little bone Ulster K Co. stockman witha calif. clip master blade and a ebony LF&C sleeveboard for w whopping $7 each.____Dave
What a score, DJ! Fantastic!
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Yup, Ol' Dave wins 'Find of the Week' !!
::ds::
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
carpx

Post by carpx »

My find of the day yesterday was a Gerber 250 C Silver Knight 3 blade folder...The only one I ever saw...
Attachments
3 blade knight.jpg
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

That's a fine looking Gerber, carpx! ::tu::
My latest was a real mess. Yesterday one of my special friends came by and said, "Got something for you". Held his hand out, palm down gripping a knife. I took it and boy was it a mess! I should have taken a picture when he handed it to me but didn't. He said he couldn't get the blades to open, he had found the knife a flea market. So I got some Quick Release, some 3-IN-ONE, a knife pick, an old tooth brush and a couple of paper towels and started in on the Case Trapper. We sat at the dinning room table and talked as I kept fooling with the knife. I told my buddy Walt that I should put it in some mineral oil and just let it set for a day. The Case was covered with rust, he didn't have any info on what the knife went through. So I kept messin' with it and we kept chewing the fat and finally the clip started to move a bit with the help of the pick. Pushed down and flexed the blades down in the well just a bit, slopped a bit more oil in it and finally it opened, same with the spay blade. Turned out it is a 2012 that appears to have never had a been on a whet rock. Makes me wonder if it was maybe in a tackle box or stored on a boat and ended up rusting? Anyway, got it cleaned up a bit and then got a #2 pencil and kept scrubbing. The spay blade revealed CV stamp. Both blades finally began to walk and talk. The blade are spotted and a few pitted areas that can be felt with the thumb nail. All is good except the spay sits a bit deeper than it should and make the nail nick hard to access so I'll drop the clip a tiny bit to remedy that issue.
I always enjoy bringing old knives back into service but not too often do I get get one that is unused except for the rust.
Looks good from the out side.
Looks good from the out side.
I believe the springs must be stainless as the rust wiped off of the very easily.  Still some rust evidence that I haven't cleaned that is on the brass liners, even though it doesn't rust.
I believe the springs must be stainless as the rust wiped off of the very easily. Still some rust evidence that I haven't cleaned that is on the brass liners, even though it doesn't rust.
The stains and pits willnot hinder this one from being a great EDC.
The stains and pits willnot hinder this one from being a great EDC.
Pile side shows the damage too.  As I keep working the blades, the junk keeps boiling out.
Pile side shows the damage too. As I keep working the blades, the junk keeps boiling out.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

carpx wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:06 am My find of the day yesterday was a Gerber 250 C Silver Knight 3 blade folder...The only one I ever saw...
That's a very cool knife, carpx!
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

treefarmer wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:00 pm That's a fine looking Gerber, carpx! ::tu::
My latest was a real mess. Yesterday one of my special friends came by and said, "Got something for you". Held his hand out, palm down gripping a knife. I took it and boy was it a mess! I should have taken a picture when he handed it to me but didn't. He said he couldn't get the blades to open, he had found the knife a flea market. So I got some Quick Release, some 3-IN-ONE, a knife pick, an old tooth brush and a couple of paper towels and started in on the Case Trapper. We sat at the dinning room table and talked as I kept fooling with the knife. I told my buddy Walt that I should put it in some mineral oil and just let it set for a day. The Case was covered with rust, he didn't have any info on what the knife went through. So I kept messin' with it and we kept chewing the fat and finally the clip started to move a bit with the help of the pick. Pushed down and flexed the blades down in the well just a bit, slopped a bit more oil in it and finally it opened, same with the spay blade. Turned out it is a 2012 that appears to have never had a been on a whet rock. Makes me wonder if it was maybe in a tackle box or stored on a boat and ended up rusting? Anyway, got it cleaned up a bit and then got a #2 pencil and kept scrubbing. The spay blade revealed CV stamp. Both blades finally began to walk and talk. The blade are spotted and a few pitted areas that can be felt with the thumb nail. All is good except the spay sits a bit deeper than it should and make the nail nick hard to access so I'll drop the clip a tiny bit to remedy that issue.
I always enjoy bringing old knives back into service but not too often do I get get one that is unused except for the rust.
003.JPG004.JPG001.JPG002.JPG

Treefarmer
That's gonna' make a great carry, Treefarmer! ::tu::
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by ken98k »

treefarmer wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:00 pm That's a fine looking Gerber, carpx! ::tu::

Treefarmer
Great save!
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Philip your patience and persistence paid off. ::nod:: ::nod::
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Well I guess I found one BIG knife at the flea market....and a few other items...
Attachments
DSCF7500.JPG
DSCF7501.JPG
DSCF7502.JPG
DSCF7503.JPG
DSCF7504.JPG
DSCF7505.JPG

GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

treefarmer wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:00 pm

Treefarmer
T.F. you done good!!! ::handshake:: ::tu:: ::nod::

TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Today's finds....
Attachments
IMG_2336.JPG
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb

Return to “General Knife Discussion”