WHAT ARE YOU CARRYIN RIGHT NOW? WHAT IS YOUR FAV EDC?

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: WHAT ARE YOU CARRYIN RIGHT NOW? WHAT IS YOUR FAV EDC?

Post by Quick Steel »

Steamboat Willy, thank you for your observation. I agree, very pretty covers.
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Back to work with sum old Colonials ::super_happy::
Attachments
IMG_1401.JPG
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

1967redrider wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:06 pm Happy Monday and great looking choices, guys!

Decided to bring the Remington R3693 Cattle Knife Whittler today. Pretty decent shape and a hard pattern to find.
Wow!! Very nice Redrider!! A real beauty!
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

P1020511.JPG
P1020509.JPG
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Thanks ww, and another good choice, QS! ::tu:: ::tu::

Since I haven't posted any Remington's I think I'm going to do a Remington EDC week.

Herb worked on this one for me, a R203 with nice old bone, half-stops on both blades, long pull main and an EO. I really like the teardrop pattern, find it to be quite pocket friendly.
Attachments
IMG_20211026_080356024.jpg
IMG_20211026_080434539~2.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Although I am not sure who Herb is [ :) ] he certainly did a fine job. Like the bone very much; and I never met an E/O I didn't like.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Quick Steel wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:21 pm Although I am not sure who Herb is [ :) ] he certainly did a fine job. Like the bone very much; and I never met an E/O I didn't like.
herbva, he posts mainly on the Repair threads. He's practically my neighbor, so we get together monthly for knife talk and lunch. Thanks, QS!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

1967redrider wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:09 pm Thanks ww, and another good choice, QS! ::tu:: ::tu::

Since I haven't posted any Remington's I think I'm going to do a Remington EDC week.

Herb worked on this one for me, a R203 with nice old bone, half-stops on both blades, long pull main and an EO. I really like the teardrop pattern, find it to be quite pocket friendly.
::tu:: ::drool:: ::drool:: 8) ::tu:: I do love me EOs!!! NIIICCCEEE John!!!
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

jmh58 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:37 pm
1967redrider wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:09 pm Thanks ww, and another good choice, QS! ::tu:: ::tu::

::tu:: ::drool:: ::drool:: 8) ::tu:: I do love me EOs!!! NIIICCCEEE John!!!
John :D

Thank you, Sir. ::handshake::

BFORSE

Post by BFORSE »

Northfield UN-X-LD 772119
Amber Sawcut
8D19E777-43CD-438F-A5FB-C6A6198416B8.jpeg
Just curious, but is GEC not going to make these anymore? I don’t know where I read it, but I think someone wrote about them not making these 77 Northfield yankee Barlows anymore because they were an SFO. If anyone knows, please let me know because I’m in the dark.
St. John Chapter 1
...12 But as many as received him (Jesus), to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God...
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

BFORSE wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:16 pm Northfield UN-X-LD 772119
Amber Sawcut

Just curious, but is GEC not going to make these anymore? I don’t know where I read it, but I think someone wrote about them not making these 77 Northfield yankee Barlows anymore because they were an SFO. If anyone knows, please let me know because I’m in the dark.
I was told by a dealer last year or so that GEC was not going to make any more SFO's once current commitments are fulfilled. That means for other peoples brands like Northwoods, Waynorth Cutlery, Maher and Grosh, Tom's Choice, Etc. They are tired of the picky companies telling them how to make the knives and tired of the big profits going to others and not GEC themselves. I don't know but I've been told. I have not seen anymore Northwoods since then either. Or M&G, Yankee Barlows, Toms Choice Barlows, Franks Classics, or any from the normal outlets that I used to see the SFO's on whenever a new GEC pattern was released. I guess we watch and see but I think the era of all these great SFO's is over. My heart is on the ground, makes me want to cry, but they don't care how I feel about it.
Attachments
thumbnail_20211026_120025.jpg
thumbnail_20211026_120117.jpg
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
BFORSE

Post by BFORSE »

Ivoryman wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:56 pm
Amber Sawcut

I was told by a dealer last year or so that GEC was not going to make any more SFO's once current commitments are fulfilled. That means for other peoples brands like Northwoods, Waynorth Cutlery, Maher and Grosh, Tom's Choice, Etc. They are tired of the picky companies telling them how to make the knives and tired of the big profits going to others and not GEC themselves. I don't know but I've been told. I have not seen anymore Northwoods since then either. Or M&G, Yankee Barlows, Toms Choice Barlows, Franks Classics, or any from the normal outlets that I used to see the SFO's on whenever a new GEC pattern was released. I guess we watch and see but I think the era of all these great SFO's is over. My heart is on the ground, makes me want to cry, but they don't care how I feel about it.
Well, shucks! Its just an idea but, it would be cool if GEC accepted design submittals from their customer base, that way, they would receive a lot of input from the people who purchase their product.

Another question I have is: Now that they have made a Remington baby bullet, are they going to continue with other Remington patterns?
St. John Chapter 1
...12 But as many as received him (Jesus), to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God...
SteveC
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by SteveC »

Remington sure used some nice bone, what a beauty !
SteveC
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by SteveC »

Queen #10 and a Calf Roper

20211026_151606.jpg
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

A favorite pair of knives. Case Barlow and a Sta Sharp four bladed Cattle Knife
Attachments
IMG_9184.JPG
David
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

SteveC wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:32 pm

Remington sure used some nice bone, what a beauty !

I agree! I just lightened up the bottom picture somewhat to show off the scale and jigging better.

You have some excellent choices today. ::tu:: ::tu::

cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

garddogg56 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:51 pm Back to work with sum old Colonials ::super_happy::
Nice pair! I have the smaller lockback (akin to Schrade's LB5), but mine has the stainless blade. Pretty solid for pocket carry, and I'm amazed Colonial was able to supply such an inexpensive knife with a leather sheath. Been meaning to find both in carbon steel.

My Stockman is a white Scrimshaw (which they used heavily as blanks marketed to promotional item companies), advertising a local farm supply store. Granddad got it back in the late '80s, and to this date, it has neither been used nor carried. When Granddad gave it to me, I put it in my display of locally related ad knives. I only have the Lakota-branded NRA one-blade linerlock as a user, and plan to find a regular Stockman pretty soon.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

DM11 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:47 pm A favorite pair of knives. Case Barlow and a Sta Sharp four bladed Cattle Knife

David!!! ::tu:: ::tu::

DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

QS, John, Bforse, IM and Steve ::tu::

Thank you John!
David
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Amber Sawcut

I've heard GEC is not making anymore SFO's once currant obligations are fulfilled. Whether that's official or not I don't know. Guess we'll wait and see.
David
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

Hi guys, sorry not been around as much recently, been busy with decorating and working extra hours due to a large vets bill as my lovely dog soul is having a large lump removed next monday :( we had to find £1200 so been hard but he needs this operation, anyway hopefully I'll be around a bit more, I took 2 of my daughters and Soul camping last weekend so I did a bit of carving, another luckyfatman, I picked up this large RR as I knew it was similar size to the case #75 , sadly although the blade edge is under 3inches from the bolster to the tip is more than 3inches and I feel that's where the police would measure from so for me it's too big, glad I tried the RR first 👍👊
20211024_111626-01.jpeg
Attachments
20211024_141159-01.jpeg
20211024_150503-01.jpeg
Paul,

friendship is a rare and precious gift,
A day without a pocket knife is the day your need it,
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

P1010544.JPG
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Mornin', Paul and QS! ☕

Going with a Remington R44 today. All steel (except for the saw cut bone 😉), half-stops on both blades, swedged clip on this model and very pocket friendly. I don't think this one has ever been sharpened and the factory edge cuts Mandarin skins with ease.
Attachments
IMG_20211027_080435361.jpg
IMG_20211027_080450360.jpg

DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Excellent Barlow! ::tu::
David
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

DM11 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:25 pm Excellent Barlow! ::tu::

Thank you, Sir. ::handshake::

Return to “General Knife Discussion”