Who Knows about CASE straight Razors?

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
PA Knives
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Who Knows about CASE straight Razors?

Post by PA Knives »

This weekend I found several CASE razors with the box, but one bothered me. It was absolutely mint and far to clean for me. WR CASE and CASE XX on the handle. It was made in Germany, did they reissue this not long ago????? It was selling for $25. Anyone know about these? The others were old timers and sold from $38 to $55. With boxes and used condition. All were normal handles, no pearl etc. I know very little about CASE Razors. I would like to speak with someone who is.
Multiple Contributions to Knife Magazine ,
Author of "Great Eastern Cutlery: An American Tradition, the History of the Northfield & Tidioute Brands" & "Tidioute: A Town With an Edge"
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

A few years ago, Case had some lockback knives and some straight razors made in Solingen, Germany. I don't recall what year it was maybe 2003? I think that the lockback folders were made by Boker, the straight razors I have no idea. I think it was for one year only but it should be marked Solingen. IIRC both the knive and the razors were very pricey.
PA Knives
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by PA Knives »

The razor was marked Solingen. The price was $25. MINT in my opinion. Should I have taken the offer? what is your opinion.

::tu::
Multiple Contributions to Knife Magazine ,
Author of "Great Eastern Cutlery: An American Tradition, the History of the Northfield & Tidioute Brands" & "Tidioute: A Town With an Edge"
9ball

Post by 9ball »

Good morning Pa & Others :D ,

I have a few Case Razors and I am almost sure Case re-issued a couple within the last 10 years German made, I am sure I saw them in a SMKW catalog.

I just finished photoing that Kinfolks knife and put everything back up or I would post you a tang stamp. These are some I had on my machine.

The Red Imp was made in the U.S.A..
The Flowing Hair has a pinned MOP covered tang and is only deep etched W.R. Case & Sons on the blade, so I am not sure were it was made, but assume USA.
I also have a plain black razor and it is stamped CASE XX Made In U.S.A.. Kane also comes to mind, they made some for Case or vice versa.

Off Spot
9ball :)

EDIT 7/25: Knifeaholic is correct about them being pricey, I think they were in the $100+ range, with fancy etch, pearl handles etc. I think there were six all together, but not postive on that.
The only folks I know of who makes quality razors like that anymore is Dovo in Solingen. I am not saying they did, but they are the only one's I know who do that type of work & cost.
If I run across the SMKW catalogs, I will update this.

BTW: It is your money ::tu::
Attachments
Embossed Razors.jpg
Embossed Razors.jpg (21.24 KiB) Viewed 1459 times
My Oath as an American Army Soldier did not come with an expiration date.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”