Case Single Blade Folding Hunter

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
MD

Case Single Blade Folding Hunter

Post by MD »

Has this knife been discontinued or something? Its driving me crazy. I cant find one. All they seem to make now is the large two bladed design. I need the large ONE blade design. (5 1/4 closed) 6165 is what I believe its called. http://www.bladeshack.com/casfolhun.html

Anyone know anything about this knife like how rare it is or where to find one. :) Thanks alot..
PA Knives
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by PA Knives »

I Believe you will have to go back a few years of production to find an orginal. You may check with the CASE classics people though and see they put one out. You are talking about a Bulldog or Buffalo Pattern a I believe. These would be the single bladed ones. Reissues have been done since the originals. As always, EBAY is the first place to look and compare prices. but they are NOT always the cheapest.
Multiple Contributions to Knife Magazine ,
Author of "Great Eastern Cutlery: An American Tradition, the History of the Northfield & Tidioute Brands" & "Tidioute: A Town With an Edge"
MD

Post by MD »

Hey thanks for the reply. Actually its not a buffalo or a bulldog. It really is a Folding hunter. In fact it is this knife EXACTLY! Image

5 1/4 single blade folding hunter. Especially if I could find one in the rosewood handle that I had before! I cannot believe case would not manufacture this anymore. But the last one I had was about 20 years ago and for the last couple of years that I wanted one again they have seemed to disappear. I can find other manufacturers...but I want my Case! I think I'm on the verge of being bitten by the bug. :cry: :wink:

Anyone? :?:
PA Knives
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by PA Knives »

Nice knife and you are right on. I hope it is not the old. "they just don't make em any more" situation. Best of luck and let me know how you make out.
Author of "Great Eastern Cutlery: An American Tradition, the History of the Northfield & Tidioute Brands" & "Tidioute: A Town With an Edge"
longbeachbum

Post by longbeachbum »

I see them all the time on E-bay. Seems to me you could pick up a nice one with bone handles for $50 or less if you're patient.
longbeachbum

Post by longbeachbum »

Here's one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

Also, this knife is being sold by Bill Horn of Cumberland Knife Works, who is a highly reputable seller.
MD

Post by MD »

Thanks a bunch!!!!! This place is great.
PA Knives
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by PA Knives »

HEY,

If you look at the classified section of this great web site, you will see a nice one for sale at $56. Let me know what you think.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”