WHAT ARE YOU CARRYIN RIGHT NOW? WHAT IS YOUR FAV EDC?

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Ivoryman

Re: WHAT ARE YOU CARRYIN RIGHT NOW? WHAT IS YOUR FAV EDC?

Post by Ivoryman »

geocash wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:05 pm
Ivoryman wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:33 pm Jeffin bones today. Two of my favorite Schrades courtesy of Jeffinn's fine work. One stainless, one carbon steel. And anyone know what happened to him? I don't see posts anymore, I can't find his selling page for Second Life Knives, and there doesn't appear to be any more of his Schrades around the AAPK stores. Big bummer, I had my eye on another wormgroove bone Schrade he had before his page disappeared. Now it looks like a pipe dream, not happening. If you're out there Jeffinn, please let us know what happened to all the fine knives you've modded. Best to ya and hope all is well.
I've got several knives Jeff had his hands on & I believe some of your posts influenced me to give him a try. I recommended Jeff to a friend who had a similar experience but something has changed. He said the last time he tried to contact Jeff, which was several weeks ago, that he got a response "...from his email that didn't sound like him. Said he was done..." without elaborating. I am sorry to hear that. I wish I knew more.
Great looking 8 OT, another Jeffinn home run.
#%@&*$%^!! that makes me want to cry. He still had so much to give. What a drag, that makes me sick and miss him so much already. The best things in life are done too soon. Thanks for the info, appreciate your help even though it disgusts and depresses me. Thanks again.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by ken98k »

Well prepared today.
Attachments
20210409_094821.jpg
20210409_094854.jpg
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Buck and Bull Nose
Attachments
IMG_6852.JPG
David
TPK

Post by TPK »

geocash wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:13 pm Schrade 8OT Senior Stockman which has had blades & handles replaced by Jeff Finnamore & Queen #20CZ Toothpick with D2 & African curly zebrawood.
Geo ::tu:: :D

Jeff ::tu:: A+++ ::nod::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Bucks to end the week and job site cartoon
Attachments
F3B27499-FEE6-467D-9975-14872F4EBCE2.jpeg
D3EFB109-B049-455E-8772-9879CD53703C.jpeg
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

The problem with lightweight knives is that you'll often forget how many you have on you. I started with just the Cold Steel, but ended up with the Schrade and AG Russell as well by the time the day was over. I noticed how well these knives carried in sweatpants, and I got out my postal scale. The Schrade (aluminum handle, slim), Cold Steel (fiber-reinforced nylon plastic/FRN), and AG Russell (FRN) all weigh together less than many larger knives alone I carry at just 4.5 ounces. The Knipex pliers and Leatherman bring it up to just 9.7 ounces. I have individual tools that I used to carry that themselves weigh more than that. Heck, the Leatherman Rebar I used to carry weighed 7 alone. And the Knipex has pliers MUCH tougher than the Leatherman. But, today was the first weed eating and mowing job of the year, and I used all of what I had today. In my opinion, I have learned that if you choose one with a decent blade and good ergonomics, you don't need a big knife. And, really, you don't need big multitools either. While these are mostly modern, Imperial Barlows are great lightweight workhorses as well.

Freebie paint can opener (which I am using as a small prybar as an interim replacement for a nice titanium one I misplaced) from Sherwin Williams, Cold Steel Mini Tufflite, Schrade Walden 752, Olight S1R Baton II (didn't weigh it, figured magnet would ruin my scale), Knipex 140mm combination/lineman pliers plus the Southern States store brand work gloves (made in USA!) and safety glasses (forgot the brand, but they fit better and are more comfortable than the Uvex and AO Safety I normally own--found them at Sherwin Williams while my grandmother was buying paint to redo the porch). These gloves, other than the heavy leather rancher's gloves I recently lost, are the best I've ever owned. They keep me from getting cut on metal, ripped to shreds by brush with thorns, and help absorb vibration. Those cheap woven gloves with the rubber dipped palm are worthless. Cotton Jersey gloves are only good as winter liners to things like my old rancher's gloves.
KIMG3980.JPG
geocash
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: Southern Appalachian Mountains, outdoors preferably

Post by geocash »

Ivoryman wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:19 pm
#%@&*$%^!! that makes me want to cry. He still had so much to give. What a drag, that makes me sick and miss him so much already. The best things in life are done too soon. Thanks for the info, appreciate your help even though it disgusts and depresses me. Thanks again.
Thanks Ivoryman. It was good while it lasted. I wish him well.
TPK wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:32 pm
geocash wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:13 pm Schrade 8OT Senior Stockman which has had blades & handles replaced by Jeff Finnamore & Queen #20CZ Toothpick with D2 & African curly zebrawood.
Geo ::tu:: :D
Thank you my friend.
geocash
TPK

Post by TPK »

Ivoryman wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:33 pm Jeffin bones today. Two of my favorite Schrades courtesy of Jeffinn's fine work. One stainless, one carbon steel. And anyone know what happened to him? I don't see posts anymore, I can't find his selling page for Second Life Knives, and there doesn't appear to be any more of his Schrades around the AAPK stores. Big bummer, I had my eye on another wormgroove bone Schrade he had before his page disappeared. Now it looks like a pipe dream, not happening. If you're out there Jeffinn, please let us know what happened to all the fine knives you've modded. Best to ya and hope all is well.
I've got several knives Jeff had his hands on & I believe some of your posts influenced me to give him a try. I recommended Jeff to a friend who had a similar experience but something has changed. He said the last time he tried to contact Jeff, which was several weeks ago, that he got a response "...from his email that didn't sound like him. Said he was done..." without elaborating. I am sorry to hear that. I wish I knew more.
Well that stinks to hear! How depressing! ::facepalm:: Jeffinn, Carrmillus, Doc B ::facepalm:: It's absolutely terrible when good folks leave the AAPK for whatever reasons. I will & already do, miss them. ::teary_eyes::

Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

P1030980 (2).JPG
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

GEC S&M
Attachments
thumbnail_20210407_154453.jpg
2020 Tidioute 74 Mustang - 2004 S&M 043448 heritage whittler
2020 Tidioute 74 Mustang - 2004 S&M 043448 heritage whittler
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Nice ones, Ivoryman! I like that reddish bone.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

My Emerson Spyderco and my Custom Dawson Dagger/Boot knife.
Attachments
DSCF0161.JPG
DSCF0162.JPG
DSCF0163.JPG
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

garddogg56 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:38 pm Bucks to end the week and job site cartoon
Ummm... Wasn't Dr. Seuss a racist and a white supremist? ::hmm:: I believe he also had White-privilege and oppressed people of color, women and LBGT-BLT!!! I thought he was canceled and he name should never be spoken again ::teary_eyes::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Quick Steel wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:35 pm P1030980 (2).JPG
That's a beauty Garry! ::tu:: 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Ivoryman wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:12 pmGEC S&M
Beautiful Iman! ::tu:: I can't get enough of that Tideout pattern, just love the smooth, clean lines on those knives. The red bone is pretty cool as well. 8)
8)
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

TPK wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:33 am

Well that stinks to hear! How depressing! ::facepalm:: Jeffinn, Carrmillus, Doc B ::facepalm:: It's absolutely terrible when good folks leave the AAPK for whatever reasons. I will & already do, miss them. ::teary_eyes::
Jeffin has his own web site now--secondlifeknives.com--just bought a couple of knives from him last week
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Buck and a Queen
Attachments
IMG_6860.JPG
David
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:30 pm My Emerson Spyderco and my Custom Dawson Dagger/Boot knife.
Especially like the Boot knife. ::nod:: ::nod::
geocash
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by geocash »

CluelessNick wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:07 pm

Jeffin has his own web site now--secondlifeknives.com--just bought a couple of knives from him last week
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that.
geocash
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by ken98k »

DM11 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:23 pm Buck and a Queen
I sure do like that stag 110. ::nod::
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

ken98k wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:29 am
DM11 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:23 pm Buck and a Queen
I sure do like that stag 110. ::nod::
Thank you Ken.
David
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Ivoryman wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:12 pmGEC S&M
::tu::
David
TPK

Post by TPK »

CluelessNick wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:07 pm

Thanks for the Info Nick! I'll check that out! ::handshake:: ::super_happy::

Add: Here it is. : https://secondlifeknives.com/?page_id=628

Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

P1010546.JPG
geocash
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by geocash »

Quick Steel wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:56 pm P1010546.JPG
Quick Steel, that's a good look at a fine knife. I like it.
geocash

Return to “General Knife Discussion”