What Is Your "Holy Grail" Knife

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
allmightyoz

Re: What Is Your "Holy Grail" Knife

Post by allmightyoz »

GEC Gambler in genuine stag... or maybe a Buck 184 buckmaster... - grails i could get with some saving.

but the holiest of holy would have to be a vintage Randall Made M-1 with stag handles...

seeing MB pistol knife post... i think this one would be a little more attainable to me, and have added it as my most supreme holy grail knife
Attachments
pistolknife.jpg
There's a mass without roofs. There's a prison to fill. There's a country's soul that reads post no bills. There's a strike and a line of cops outside of the mill. There's a right to obey and a right to kill.
knife-nut

Post by knife-nut »

It would have to be a Remington scout with the spanish etching, or a Holly charter oak.
rangerbluedog

Post by rangerbluedog »

allmightyoz wrote:...but the holiest of holy would have to be a vintage Randall Made M-1 with stag handles...
+1 on that one oz
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com
allmightyoz

Post by allmightyoz »

dad had one of these blue... sold it on the bay about 7 years ago for 2,800... we had no idea how much it was worth or what it was, and a $125 reserve!

the m-1 SPRINGFIELD

he had the holy grail for 25 years, n never knew it!
Attachments
randall.jpg
randall.jpg (46.21 KiB) Viewed 2107 times
There's a mass without roofs. There's a prison to fill. There's a country's soul that reads post no bills. There's a strike and a line of cops outside of the mill. There's a right to obey and a right to kill.
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

^^^They made that model with a stag handle?
AAPK Janitor
rangerbluedog

Post by rangerbluedog »

be still my heart!
That's purty.
I might would settle for a new made in Richmond Virginia John Ek Model 5, with checkered walnut handles as a "cheap substitute" :mrgreen:
-Blue
allmightyoz

Post by allmightyoz »

i highly doubt it, but that makes it even MORE like the holy grail... unattainable :mrgreen: i know they made the springfield fighters not marked orlando OR springfield, which is what my dad had. rumor has it they were outsourced to a different company and made only about 250 of them, thats what the guy that bought it told us. just marked randall made. the guy that bought it said basically it was his holy grail knife, and he'd never seen another.
rangerbluedog

Post by rangerbluedog »

oz, I'll bet the $125 reserve price was busted pretty quickly on that one!
-Blue
allmightyoz

Post by allmightyoz »

got a rooskie offer for 500 the first hour !
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by stockman »

This might be someone's "Holy Grail" This is my knife maybe not my "Holy Grail" knife
but nice. Also my friend did these pictures.
Attachments
8OT_Schrade_Walden_Bone_f.jpg
8OT_Schrade_Walden_Bone_b2.jpg
8OT_Schrade_Walden_Bone_f2.jpg
Toejammer

Post by Toejammer »

My Holy Grail is whatever knife I can sneak past the wife into the house......... 8)
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
Bruce Lee
sextonknifeworks

Post by sextonknifeworks »

Mine would be a WR Case Green Bone Long Pull 6488 Congress with a center shield. Had one in my hand one time but couldnt afford to pull the trigger and still cant.
bonehead

Post by bonehead »

Folks,

Not sure if there is one. There are just tooooooo many Real vintage knives out there I would like to have, many do not come up for sale either at auction or by other means. That said I'm happy with the beauty's that I have, some nice, others not so. I love them all, the older the better.

BH
Bonehead

America's 'FINEST' Vintage Cutlery
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

I'd like to have something made by the Platts.
Joe
Dave O

Post by Dave O »

I asked Buster Warenski in 1972 if he would build me a folder. His comment cannot be used in public, but the answer resembled ... Not a chance. In 1994 he walked into my office and said here is your @#$%^& folder. I will post a photo here when I get home today. Since he passed on. I have been able to get a few more of his rigid blades and cherish them, as there will be no more.
Attachments
Buster Warenski Black Lip 001.jpg
Buster Warenski Black Lip 004.jpg
MrBlister

Post by MrBlister »

Guess one of my fav's is this TESTED 6207 Long Pull

diddle bit rare.........
Attachments
6207EXP 007.JPG
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

I was lucky enough to find mine a while back. It's a Case 551 folding hunter (Pig Sticker). Now I am dreaming of owning a Case 5171L bolster stamped lever lock switchblade and I just want to hold a Case 5172 zipper Clasp switchblade. I guess you never really find the end of the tunnel. That's what makes it fun to collect. It's up to each person as long as it for them.
wazu013
Attachments
case 551.jpg
Case 551 005.JPG
Case 551 004.JPG
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

Love the Stag on that Case knife wazu ::tu:: :D ::drool::

Thanks to everyone who responded to this thread, it is interesting to see what different collectors hold in high regard as their "Grail" knife ::nod:: :D
AAPK Janitor
knife-nut

Post by knife-nut »

Its kind of funny how your Holy Grail knife changes as you get older and taste in knives change. You aquire some of the knives you can't seem to do without, but you always seem to have a few more that you hunt for. To me, half the fun is in the chase.
IMBand

Post by IMBand »

Case zipper release switchblade 61050L 1920-40 Tested XX, green bone of course.
AAPK #6581
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Dave O wrote:I asked Buster Warenski in 1972 if he would build me a folder. His comment cannot be used in public, but the answer resembled ... Not a chance. In 1994 he walked into my office and said here is your @#$%^& folder. I will post a photo here when I get home today. Since he passed on. I have been able to get a few more of his rigid blades and cherish them, as there will be no more.
I came across this article (I don't show the full article) Gun Digest Knives, 1973, on Warenski.
Attachments
078.JPG
080.JPG
082.JPG
083.JPG
Joe
olderdogs1

Post by olderdogs1 »

Ok, mine is a Bulldog Stockman, BKC#49, 1st Bulldog produced. Has the Winchester tang stamp and Pit Bulls Terrier etch, bone handles. This knife is in the books but I have never seen one and am not even sure that one exists. I have fished unsuccessfully for years to no avail. :(
sextonknifeworks

Post by sextonknifeworks »

olderdogs1 wrote:Ok, mine is a Bulldog Stockman, BKC#49, 1st Bulldog produced. Has the Winchester tang stamp and Pit Bulls Terrier etch, bone handles. This knife is in the books but I have never seen one and am not even sure that one exists. I have fished unsuccessfully for years to no avail. :(

Ive never seen that one either. I have had the smaller version BKC50A. Thats the only one Ive seen with the winchester stamp.
knife-nut

Post by knife-nut »

I just thought I need to add one more to my Holy Grail list. How about an original Michael Price bowie knife. Might as well wish big. :lol:
Attachments
price.jpg
price.jpg (14.19 KiB) Viewed 2322 times
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

knife-nut wrote:How about an original Michael Price bowie knife. Might as well wish big.
Good one ::tu::

Here is a bigger picture, click on it ::nod::
Attachments
1.jpg
AAPK Janitor

Return to “General Knife Discussion”