Mail Call !-Post your new pick-ups here............

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Mail Call !-Post your new pick-ups here............

Post by QTCut5 »

ken98k wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:29 pm A couple new-to-me folders off the bay. A US made Gerber Gator and a CRKT framelock Drifter.
Nice X2. I'm a big fan of both those knives. The Gerber Gators are the knife of choice for all the wild boar & feral goat hunters in my village (the fishermen like them too).
~Q~
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by ken98k »

Madmarco wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:51 am You're gonna like both of those Ken! 8)
I've been carrying both of them today.
The CRKT is an okay little knife, slim, as the pocket clip is missing but, a little hefty, due to the stainless handles. Seems to hold an edge but, I don't think I'll ever be in love with it and will probably never carry it again after today. ::shrug::

I've been mildly curious about Gerber Gators for some time so when this Portland made sample came along at a reasonable price, I pulled the trigger.
I touched up the edge and dropped it into the breast pocket of my bib overalls. I cut some tape and cardboard with ease.
It's light weight for it's size and very comfortable to use. I guess I do like this one. ::tu::
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

As everyone knows, when it comes to Case 07 Mini Trappers, resisting the Mini-T Monkey's constant, frantic screeching to buy them is totally & completely futile (not to mention potentially hazardous to my health); it's so much easier/safer to just give in and let him have his way. :roll:
(So much for my short-lived attempt to adhere to a self-imposed limit on new acquisitions...again! ::facepalm:: )

P9240005.JPG

More pics here: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=52911&p=1034037#p1034037

And here: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=36151&p=1034042#p1034042
~Q~
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I like the green one and I assume the white one is an 07W which is always a winner.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

ken98k wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:29 pm A couple new-to-me folders off the bay. A US made Gerber Gator and a CRKT framelock Drifter.
I have a Gerber Gator that my Dad gave me years ago. It is a bit large for my EDC, but perfect when I carried it in a sheath. Bib overall pocket should be great as well!
It is very sturdy to be so lightweight, and the textured grip is awesome. You can't go wrong with one.
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

ken98k wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:09 am
Madmarco wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:51 am You're gonna like both of those Ken! 8)
I've been carrying both of them today.
The CRKT is an okay little knife, slim, as the pocket clip is missing but, a little hefty, due to the stainless handles. Seems to hold an edge but, I don't think I'll ever be in love with it and will probably never carry it again after today. ::shrug::

I've been mildly curious about Gerber Gators for some time so when this Portland made sample came along at a reasonable price, I pulled the trigger.
I touched up the edge and dropped it into the breast pocket of my bib overalls. I cut some tape and cardboard with ease.
It's light weight for it's size and very comfortable to use. I guess I do like this one. ::tu::
Well, one outta two ain't bad! LOL! 8)
8)
TPK

Post by TPK »

Very nice knives Q! ::tu:: :D
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
TPK

Post by TPK »

This 2 3/8" Robi Klaas Kissing Crane Solingen is my newest addition. Not sure if I will EDC it or just look at it. :mrgreen: Probably look at it for a while first, then eventually EDC it. :lol:
Attachments
IMG_20220926_074118_427~3.jpg
IMG_20220926_074201_465~2.jpg
IMG_20220926_074415_764~2.jpg
IMG_20220926_074345_667~3.jpg
IMG_20220926_074838_939.jpg
IMG_20220926_074751_364.jpg
IMG_20220926_074729_493.jpg
IMG_20220926_074520_759~3.jpg
IMG_20220926_074544_849.jpg
IMG_20220926_075010_828~2.jpg

dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

A very elegant looking knife Tom... ::tu::
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

TPK wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:14 am This 2 3/8" Robi Klaas Kissing Crane Solingen is my newest addition. Not sure if I will EDC it or just look at it. :mrgreen: Probably look at it for a while first, the eventually EDC it. :lol:
Nice looker there, very smooth and refined. Never would have guessed it was that size without your tape measure too. Very helpful, thanks for the shot.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
TPK

Post by TPK »

Ivoryman wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:14 pm
TPK wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:14 am This 2 3/8" Robi Klaas Kissing Crane Solingen is my newest addition. Not sure if I will EDC it or just look at it. :mrgreen: Probably look at it for a while first, the eventually EDC it. :lol:
Nice looker there, very smooth and refined. Never would have guessed it was that size without your tape measure too. Very helpful, thanks for the shot.
dlr110 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:15 am A very elegant looking knife Tom... ::tu::
Thanks for your comments gentlemen! ::handshake:: Appreciate it. ::tu:: :D

@ I-Man: When bidding on it I thought it would be bigger but I never asked the seller about the length. Oh well, I don't mind carrying a smaller knife. Just not what I was expecting. The price for a made in Solingen Klaas was good though. ::tu::

Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

TPK wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:20 pm
dlr110 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:15 am A very elegant looking knife Tom... ::tu::

@ I-Man: When bidding on it I thought it would be bigger but I never asked the seller about the length. Oh well, I don't mind carrying a smaller knife. Just not what I was expecting. The price for a made in Solingen Klaas was good though. ::tu::
Tom, I am not sure that knife was made in Solingen. It says on the box, “Solingen Quality”, but not that it is from Solingen. Are there any markings on the tangs saying Solingen or Germany? Kissing Crane makes knives in China now and they use tricks to get people to think they are getting a German made knife but are actually getting one made in China. Hen and Rooster does the same thing now with words like “German Steel” or “German Design” but the price tells you it isn’t made in Solingen. I’m guessing this knife cost you less than 25 bucks?
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
TPK

Post by TPK »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:04 pm

Tom, I am not sure that knife was made in Solingen. It says on the box, “Solingen Quality”, but not that it is from Solingen. Are there any markings on the tangs saying Solingen or Germany? Kissing Crane makes knives in China now and they use tricks to get people to think they are getting a German made knife but are actually getting one made in China. Hen and Rooster does the same thing now with words like “German Steel” or “German Design” but the price tells you it isn’t made in Solingen. I’m guessing this knife cost you less than 25 bucks?
::hmm:: Good point. I'll have to get it out again & check the tang stamps. It says Solingen on the box. That may have tricked me. I've bought Klaas knives from China before. They had a made in China sticker on the blade. This one did not but the seller was a private person & not a dealer. ::hmm::

TPK

Post by TPK »

Couldn't sleep without checking. I'd say it's made in Solingen. Those I have from China do not have Solingen in the stamps. Here: Front & Back main blade stamps. Think I paid just under €20 shipped for it. ::tu:: (small stamps were hard to take good pictures of)
Attachments
IMG_20220926_214949_222.jpg
IMG_20220926_214752_391.jpg

Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

TPK wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:56 pm

Couldn't sleep without checking. I'd say it's made in Solingen. Those I have from China do not have Solingen in the stamps. Here: Front & Back main blade stamps. Think I paid just under €20 shipped for it. ::tu:: (small stamps were hard to take good pictures of)
That’s sweet Tom. Glad it was made in Solingen. It’s a nice knife either way, I like whittlers and from how many I sell in my store, I think a lot of people do. A half whittler pen knife is what I keep on my lamp stand by my chair. Very handy to have around.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

Another very, very good day at the beach!! I don't own very many stag knives, so when I do purchase one it is a major event! And to add icing to the cake, believe it or not, this is my very first Case Mini Trapper! I have bid on dozens of Mini Trapper listings, but for some reason I have never managed to win one. I have always assumed it was because Jerry, QTCut5 (mahalo!) and the rest of you greedy b@stards didn't want me in the club!! Well, I snuck one in on you this time!! I know everyone drools over super craggy stag, and this one is quite smooth, but I think it is still very beautiful and it feels GREAT in the hand.

20220926_154613.jpg
20220926_154723.jpg
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

TwoFlowersLuggage wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:07 pm Another very, very good day at the beach!! I don't own very many stag knives, so when I do purchase one it is a major event! And to add icing to the cake, believe it or not, this is my very first Case Mini Trapper! I have bid on dozens of Mini Trapper listings, but for some reason I have never managed to win one. I have always assumed it was because Jerry, QTCut5 (mahalo!) and the rest of you greedy b@stards didn't want me in the club!! Well, I snuck one in on you this time!! I know everyone drools over super craggy stag, and this one is quite smooth, but I think it is still very beautiful and it feels GREAT in the hand.

20220926_154613.jpg
20220926_154723.jpg
Nice one TFL and that Queen you picked up is outstanding. Keep after them!! :)
TPK

Post by TPK »

TwoFlowersLuggage wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:07 pm Another very, very good day at the beach!! I don't own very many stag knives, so when I do purchase one it is a major event! And to add icing to the cake, believe it or not, this is my very first Case Mini Trapper! I have bid on dozens of Mini Trapper listings, but for some reason I have never managed to win one. I have always assumed it was because Jerry, QTCut5 (mahalo!) and the rest of you greedy b@stards didn't want me in the club!! Well, I snuck one in on you this time!! I know everyone drools over super craggy stag, and this one is quite smooth, but I think it is still very beautiful and it feels GREAT in the hand.
Awesome score Two Flowers! ::nod:: ::tu:: Looks beautiful! ::super_happy::

TPK

Post by TPK »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:55 pm
TPK wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:56 pm

That’s sweet Tom. Glad it was made in Solingen. It’s a nice knife either way, I like whittlers and from how many I sell in my store, I think a lot of people do. A half whittler pen knife is what I keep on my lamp stand by my chair. Very handy to have around.
Thanks Mark! ::handshake:: And now I even know what to call it. :mrgreen:

glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

My new favorite!
Lloyd 20.jpg
TPK

Post by TPK »

Looks beautiful Glenn! Awesome stag! ::nod:: ::tu:: Congrats! ::super_happy:: Never heard of that brand. What state were they made in? ::shrug::

Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

glennbad wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:13 pm My new favorite!

Lloyd 20.jpg
Fabulous antler on that one, wow what a sweet looker. Great wharn too. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnn.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

TPK wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:46 pm Looks beautiful Glenn! Awesome stag! ::nod:: ::tu:: Congrats! ::super_happy:: Never heard of that brand. What state were they made in? ::shrug::
The knife is from a custom maker, John Lloyd. He does great work!
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by ken98k »

glennbad wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:13 pm My new favorite!

Lloyd 20.jpg
::tu:: ::ds::
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!
TPK

Post by TPK »

glennbad wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:29 pm
TPK wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:46 pm Looks beautiful Glenn! Awesome stag! ::nod:: ::tu:: Congrats! ::super_happy:: Never heard of that brand. What state were they made in? ::shrug::
The knife is from a custom maker, John Lloyd. He does great work!
Oh ok. I didn't know that. Sorry. ::facepalm::

Return to “General Knife Discussion”