Mail Call !-Post your new pick-ups here............

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
jmh58

Re: Mail Call !-Post your new pick-ups here............

Post by jmh58 »

Congrats one and ALL!!!👍🤩👍
John 🤠
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Thanks QS, I like patina and bones. ::handshake::
Papa Bones, John, thanks. ::handshake::
TPK

Post by TPK »

jerryd6818 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:48 pm I guess this can go here. As I mentioned in the FCD thread, we were at the D. Cousin's Reunion in Evansville, IN this weekend. Met the significant other of my cousin's daughter for the first time and it turned out that he was in the Marine Corps so we did a bit of jaw-jackin'. I noticed a clip on his pants pocket that had to be on a knife so I asked to see it. Turned out to be a Gerber Flatiron. I coon fingered it & chicken eyed it & complimented him on it then mentioned that I had a thing for knives and let it go at that.

Yesterday morning at breakfast, he pulled it out of his pocket and gave it to me. I demurred but he insisted I take it. Well I couldn't insult the boy so in my pocket it went.
Gerber 4660519B Flatiron - Labeled.JPG

I just got back from the post office where I sent a recently acquired Buck 722 Spitfire still in the clam-pak for not much money. I'm guessing the Buck will be more handy to him than the Gerber Flatiron or at least much easier to open one handed. We shall see.
Buck 722 x2-crop.jpg
Cool story! ::tu:: Good deal! ::tu:: ::nod::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
TPK

Post by TPK »

doglegg wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:05 pm A Camillus short line 70 bone handle cattle knife recently made it's way to my house. Of course I invited it to stay. Bay fishing again.DSCN6980.JPGDSCN6982.JPG
Nice find Floyd! ::tu:: ::nod::

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Thanks Tom. ::handshake::
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

doglegg wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:05 pm A Camillus short line 70 bone handle cattle knife recently made it's way to my house. Of course I invited it to stay. Bay fishing again.DSCN6980.JPGDSCN6982.JPG

Very nice, I like that one. Beautiful bones and condition. Congrats on that score.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

TPK wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:23 pm
jerryd6818 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:48 pm I guess this can go here. As I mentioned in the FCD thread, we were at the D. Cousin's Reunion in Evansville, IN this weekend. Met the significant other of my cousin's daughter for the first time and it turned out that he was in the Marine Corps so we did a bit of jaw-jackin'. I noticed a clip on his pants pocket that had to be on a knife so I asked to see it. Turned out to be a Gerber Flatiron. I coon fingered it & chicken eyed it & complimented him on it then mentioned that I had a thing for knives and let it go at that.

Yesterday morning at breakfast, he pulled it out of his pocket and gave it to me. I demurred but he insisted I take it. Well I couldn't insult the boy so in my pocket it went.
Gerber 4660519B Flatiron - Labeled.JPG

I just got back from the post office where I sent a recently acquired Buck 722 Spitfire still in the clam-pak for not much money. I'm guessing the Buck will be more handy to him than the Gerber Flatiron or at least much easier to open one handed. We shall see.
Buck 722 x2-crop.jpg
Cool story! ::tu:: Good deal! ::tu:: ::nod::
Thanks Tom.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Willie, Floyd, and Jerry: great pick-ups, one and all!

I have added three more to what promises to become a fleet of electrician's knives. The first two are Camilli. One is another Xcelite with the late 1970s to 1980s tang stamp. The drywall adhesive has since been removed from the blade. The other is much older, likely WWII. It also has "U.S.N." stamped on!
Camillus Pair Closed.jpg
Camillus Pair Open.jpg
Two Camillus Tang Stamps.jpg
WWII Camillus Cover.jpg
The third is a Robseon. This is the oldest knife, maybe even the oldest object, I've ever owned. It was purchased from our very own TripleF. He also included an old sharpening stone as a bonus. Huge thanks for this beauty, Scott, and I'll be displaying the two alongside each other!
Robeson Closed.jpg
Robeson Open.jpg
Robeson Tang Stamp.jpg
Robeson And Bonus.jpg
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Steamboat Willie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Steamboat Willie »

Dan In MI wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:33 am The third is a Robseon. This is the oldest knife, maybe even the oldest object, I've ever owned.
It’s fun holding history in your hand, isn’t it? :) so many people can’t understand that!
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Ivoryman wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:17 am

Very nice, I like that one. Beautiful bones and condition. Congrats on that score.
I appreciate that I man. ::handshake:: ::handshake::

Dan you are getting quite a pile of those TL 29/ electrician knives. I have a couple and admire them for their bring it on build. ::nod:: ::tu::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

After years of wanting a Key Knife and a Trick Knife, I found them on the bay being sold as a pair and in fairly good condition. Acquired them at a very reasonable price. Mission accomplished.
Attachments
Trick & Key Knife (6-6-21) - Labeled.jpg
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
TPK

Post by TPK »

jerryd6818 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:03 pm After years of wanting a Key Knife and a Trick Knife, I found them on the bay being sold as a pair and in fairly good condition. Acquired them at a very reasonable price. Mission accomplished.
Cool finds! Congrats Buddy! ::tu:: :D

TPK

Post by TPK »

Dan In MI wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:33 am Willie, Floyd, and Jerry: great pick-ups, one and all!

I have added three more to what promises to become a fleet of electrician's knives...
Nice finds Dan! ::handshake:: Especially that old Robeson. Not sure if I have seen one from them before. ::hmm:: ::super_happy::

cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

jerryd6818 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:03 pm After years of wanting a Key Knife and a Trick Knife, I found them on the bay being sold as a pair and in fairly good condition. Acquired them at a very reasonable price. Mission accomplished.
Nice score! The one thing I love about Imperial is that there is only a tiny handful of knives that will cost an arm and a leg.

I am wondering--were all the keys on those GM ignition keys, or did they do others? Mine has "GM" marked on the key.
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Tom and Willie, thanks for the kind words. It is indeed great to admire that Robeson. If it could talk, the first question I'd ask it would be: how did you manage to survive so long in such incredible condition?

Jerry, that is a nice Imperial combo. Your key jack is indeed in better shape than mine. To answer Cody's question, I have no idea, but I can say that mine has "3062" stamped on the key. My efforts to determine what that key blank fits have thus far been fruitless. I suspect the key blank may also be replaceable.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Very cool, great score. Congrats.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Steamboat Willie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

I’ve always been intrigued by key knives, though I’ve never actually handled one. I’d love to have a spare house key in one!

Excellent find!
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Cool find Jerry. Congrats ::tu:: ::tu:: I would probably be playing with the trick knife for days. Of course, it doesn't take much for me to be intertained. ::facepalm::
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
Steamboat Willie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Posting a sellers picture because I don’t want to unbox it. My Dad is fond of KA-BAR, so I snagged this little rascal off the Bay for him for Father’s Day.
Attachments
AFA5D01F-1502-41A6-AB83-C759865D006A.jpeg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Steamboat Willie wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:46 am Posting a sellers picture because I don’t want to unbox it. My Dad is fond of KA-BAR, so I snagged this little rascal off the Bay for him for Father’s Day.
What a thoughtful son. Could you have a chat with my son? :mrgreen: (Just funnin'. Actually he's a pretty good human being. I already have a Father's Day card from him)
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Nice grab Jerry, it’s really cool when something like that happens . Have never tried one of the trick knives. Here they really do fool some folks !
JP
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Steamboat W your dad should be very pleased with that one. You did good. ::tu:: ::tu::
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Got this one in Monday. A DunLap U.S.A. Hawkbill or as listed in the Sears Catalogs a Pruner. The tang stamp is clear, and is listed as being used from 1938 until 1942, but Sears must have purchased plenty because the Dunlap pruners are listed in their catalogs up until 1952. i figured this would go good with my other Camillus family as I understand that the Dunlap Brand was Sears middle grade brand and many were produced by Camillus. I had to do a little cleaning on it. Here are the photos. I will post some more about it in the Camillus Thread.
Dunlap Hawkbill_b.png
Dunlap Hawkbill_c.png
Dunlap Hawkbill_e.png
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Got this Wright & Son Farmers Barlow from one of AAPK store owners.
Attachments
20210616_125742.jpg
20210616_125803.jpg
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Loose Arrow

Post by Loose Arrow »

dlr110 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:05 pm Got this Wright & Son Farmers Barlow from one of AAPK store owners.
It is very nice! ::tu::

Return to “General Knife Discussion”