Mail Call !-Post your new pick-ups here............

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Case XX 6383
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Mail Call !-Post your new pick-ups here............

Post by Case XX 6383 »

New gec. The stag knife is just for scale. Got several truck parts today as well at the f100 show so I'll include a truck pic, my bronco and dad's 67 bump
Attachments
20230519_211845.jpg
20230519_211855.jpg
20230519_211905.jpg
IMG_7541.jpg
C-WADE7
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by C-WADE7 »

cody6268 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 10:44 pm [

Nice!

Out of curiosity, is that the Railsplitter frame?
I believe it is, at least I saw another listed a while back stating it is. I didn’t get a box or paperwork with it. It has a heck of a spring in it, you need a strong thumbnail for sure.
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

A whole bunch of excellent pick-ups, and some great old Fords, too! ::tu::
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

Nice knives, and like the trucks, too!
Tim
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” - Ronald Reagan
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Case XX 6383 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 3:36 am New gec. The stag knife is just for scale. Got several truck parts today as well at the f100 show so I'll include a truck pic, my bronco and dad's 67 bump
The knife is fine but the old '67 F100 really rings my bell, it is a real truck! ::tu::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Browning Japan 703. Got it for $10+ shipping. I doubt it's been used. Had one piece of some organic matter in it, and that was all. Very clean. No dirt whatsoever and still sharp.

Feels really good in the hand for just 2 1/2" closed. As good a quality as any Spyderco. I bought it to use, but it's going up. It's probably never been carried or used, and it seems like it's not that common.
IMG_20230520_150644.jpg
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Got in one of the new Schatt and Morgan knives. Been waiting for years to see this happen. C Risener compared it favorably with Case quality but honestly it’s pretty close to the old S&M knives. I like the run up being tight and the mostly centered blade. The fit and finish are very well done. This one has camel bone handles. Good to see a camel bone that isn’t so lite in color. I’m pleased and will buy more if I can get them in the rush. I was surprised that I was able to get one, I usually get the knife taken out of my cart at check out. I stopped buying from several sellers for that very reason.
Attachments
IMG_5379.jpeg
IMG_5380.jpeg
IMG_5381.jpeg
IMG_5383.jpeg
IMG_5384.jpeg
IMG_5385.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Had this arrive in the mail this morning. Photos don't do it justice. Beautiful covers and fit and finish. ::tu::
IMG_20230522_112836.jpg
IMG_20230522_113630.jpg
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Wow Cudgee, that IS beautiful. I love wooden covers and that blond wood is beautiful. What kind of wood is it?
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 1:46 am Wow Cudgee, that IS beautiful. I love wooden covers and that blond wood is beautiful. What kind of wood is it?
It is wood from a recycled Oak Whiskey Barrel. The camera can not do the wood justice. Is beautiful and just so smooth in the hand. This is definitely going to become a favourite carry. The Oak will ooze character as it develops with age and carry. I am very happy with it. And nice not to have to get involved in a " Lolly Scramble ". ::nod:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds::
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Mark, I think the Camel bone looks great.

Cudgee, congratulations. You have a beauty in hand.
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

REAL nice, ssk, Cody and Cudgee!
Tim
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” - Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

It's just as beautiful over in this thread too, Mark!
I agree about darker colored camel bone, I think it looks even better than all the light models, and to me the jigging shows better.
You'll need your knife-pick for opening your new S&M my friend, they state the pull is a 7 !
8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Congratulations Leon, that's a sweet knife you have there!
Those wooden covers will likely age quite nicely!
Very nice indeed!
8)
8)
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Showed up in today's mail.
Attachments
Frost Cutlery N_7G-Y - Labeled.JPG
Frost Cutlery Proud Viet Nam Veteran - Pile Open.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

jerryd6818 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:56 pm Showed up in today's mail.
::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

cudgee wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 1:44 am Had this arrive in the mail this morning. Photos don't do it justice. Beautiful covers and fit and finish. ::tu::

IMG_20230522_112836.jpg
IMG_20230522_113630.jpg
::tu::
David
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 1:25 am Got in one of the new Schatt and Morgan knives. Been waiting for years to see this happen. C Risener compared it favorably with Case quality but honestly it’s pretty close to the old S&M knives. I like the run up being tight and the mostly centered blade. The fit and finish are very well done. This one has camel bone handles. Good to see a camel bone that isn’t so lite in color. I’m pleased and will buy more if I can get them in the rush. I was surprised that I was able to get one, I usually get the knife taken out of my cart at check out. I stopped buying from several sellers for that very reason.
Who makes them since Queen closed ? Who sells them ?
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 1:25 am Got in one of the new Schatt and Morgan knives. Been waiting for years to see this happen. C Risener compared it favorably with Case quality but honestly it’s pretty close to the old S&M knives. I like the run up being tight and the mostly centered blade. The fit and finish are very well done. This one has camel bone handles. Good to see a camel bone that isn’t so lite in color. I’m pleased and will buy more if I can get them in the rush. I was surprised that I was able to get one, I usually get the knife taken out of my cart at check out. I stopped buying from several sellers for that very reason.
Nice! Love the Wharncliffe coupled with the Bullet frame!
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

OSCAR wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 4:13 pm
Who makes them since Queen closed ? Who sells them ?
Oscar, Schatt and Morgan was bought by Gilbert Cooper and located the facility in Ohio. It’s a US made knife made with the same machines that S&M used for decades. Gilbert bought the rights and the machinery to manufacture these. It’s been a long time in the making and I’m glad to be able to capture one of the first batches of knives made by the resurrected S&M company. There are threads here on the forum about all of this. Check under the Schatt and Morgan forum, you will find plenty of information there and even some comments by Mr Cooper along the way.
Edit: C. Risener or Traditional Pocket Knives had them.
Erict64

Post by Erict64 »

Oh Boy, going to take me a few hours to catch up on all these new acquisitions. I have been on a buying hiatus for the past few months but snagged this little beauty right out from someone’s eBay grasp last second for a great price. My 5th Peña X Series front flipper. A Swayback in M390/carbon.
IMG_8324.jpeg
Attachments
IMG_8325.jpeg
IMG_8323.jpeg
Eric, from Louisiana. ::shrug::
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Those are gorgeous, Eric!
I really like how the frame-lock release is hidden under the cover.
I need to ask though, do you still have both arms and legs, cuz those Pena's don't come cheap? lol!
8)
8)
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Madmarco wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 12:51 am Those are gorgeous, Eric!
I really like how the frame-lock release is hidden under the cover.
I need to ask though, do you still have both arms and legs, cuz those Pena's don't come cheap? lol!
8)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Erict64 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:59 pm Oh Boy, going to take me a few hours to catch up on all these new acquisitions. I have been on a buying hiatus for the past few months but snagged this little beauty right out from someone’s eBay grasp last second for a great price. My 5th Peña X Series front flipper. A Swayback in M390/carbon.
IMG_8324.jpeg
That is a beautiful knife. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Eric, you have a masterful eye.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”