Mail Call !-Post your new pick-ups here............

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Mail Call !-Post your new pick-ups here............

Post by KLJ77 »

Some nice looking knives showing up in people's boxes. ::tu::
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
Iowaboy

Post by Iowaboy »

The mailman brought me a Bolus Clip Jack from Collector Knives today, made in Italy by Lionsteel. My first knife made in Italy, and first "modern" traditional knife. It is very high quality, micarta is nice to the eye and the feel. Just a classic swedged clip blade, perfectly centered, and with enough blade out to pinch or use the two-sided nail nick. Titanium liner, and a little different look and feel being a non hafted knive, but smooth as glass all over. Sharp out of the box, lighter in the hand than I expected. Very pleased with this CK Lionsteel collaboration!
Bolus 6.jpg
Bolus 1.jpg
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Case XX 6383 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:50 pm These walked into my office around 4PM. Word must have gotten out it was payday
That my friend is a haul. ::tu:: ::tu::
phil0175 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:49 am Good evening everyone. Kept an eye on the USPS tracking on this Hen & Rooster the past few days. Got home tonight and it was in the mailbox.
Pretty knife ::nod::
Today's mail brought me a Robeson by Queen. It is a red jigged bone split spring Whittler. 31/2".
Bright red, split spring, swell center whittler!!!! Checks every box. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Iowaboy wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:59 pm The mailman brought me a Bolus Clip Jack from Collector Knives today, made in Italy by Lionsteel.
Congrats Iowaboy, I only have one LionSteel and am totally impressed with it. That one is a beaut. ::tu::
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Quick Steel wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:25 pm Today's mail brought me a Robeson by Queen. It is a red jigged bone split spring Whittler. 31/2". On the shield is written Master Craft. This is an easy knife to like with its cheerful extra bright red scales. Walk and talk are good, F&F are very good.

P1030901 (2).JPGP1030900 (2).JPG
What a great looking knife. Glad you got that one.
I got this one in. Not something I would normally bid on but the shape, lines and appearance were all calling to me. The seller said that it was a knife assembled from Cattaraugus parts back in the 60’s or 70”s. Whoever put it together did a very good job. Good snap, no blade rub and the fit and finish is great. There are some issues, the black carbon spot on the main blade. The area around the pull on this main blade has some minor metal missing, probably from the cutting of the swedge. On the back there are some out of place grind marks on the backsprings. The finish on the blades has some lines left on them. Snap is good, good half stops and sharp enough to shave hair. I’m very pleased with it. Not sure what to do with it keep it, sell it or use it. Still trying to decide.
Attachments
IMG_4169.jpeg
IMG_4171.jpeg
IMG_4172.jpeg
IMG_4173.jpeg
IMG_4174.jpeg
IMG_4176.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Benton629

Post by Benton629 »

Kershaw Gadsden trapper
Attachments
E585E6F5-C141-4A9E-89C2-66C9CC5292F4.jpeg
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Thank you Phil. Glad you like it.
beresman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by beresman »

With my computer out of service this week, I’ve got behind on some things...but the mail lady hasn’t! Here are four from this past week—all for my collection of knives from different countries.

First is a two-blade Gerlach knife from Poland. Pretty yellow imitation pearl handles, and decent blades.

Second, a little single blade with a woodland scene by United in Korea.

Third is a metal-handled folder I bought from Bulgaria. The only markings are a couple of Cyrillic letters on the tang.

Last was sold as a new knife hand made in Crete. Very light, and not something I’d trust as an EDC, for sure...but it adds variety.
Attachments
E6251298-D9C2-4960-8CBB-D3F38113A003.jpeg
D12A217F-47FA-4900-9A48-504192AAA80D.jpeg
Brent
TPK

Post by TPK »

Some beautiful knives being posted here! Great show everyone! ::nod:: ::tu::

Mark that knife has an interestingly unusual form. Very attractive find! ::tu:: :D

My newest Klaas showed up. It's 3 13/16" long. Thanks for looking friends! ::handshake::
Attachments
IMG_20200927_080831.jpg
IMG_20200927_080407.jpg
IMG_20200927_080304.jpg
IMG_20200927_075354.jpg
IMG_20200927_075223.jpg
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Good looking knife Tom. ::tu::
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Quick Steel wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:25 pm Today's mail brought me a Robeson by Queen. It is a red jigged bone split spring Whittler. 31/2". On the shield is written Master Craft. This is an easy knife to like with its cheerful extra bright red scales. Walk and talk are good, F&F are very good.

P1030901 (2).JPGP1030900 (2).JPG

QS. ::tu::
David
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Ssk that is a very desirable knife. Put together but not cobbled for sure. Congrats. ::tu::

Benton, looks like a knice pocket rider, worker knife. ::nod::

Breseman your running an immigrant half way house there. Interesting gathering. ::tu::

Tom, very lovely and useful. ::nod:: ::nod::
phil0175
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by phil0175 »

::tu::
TPK wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:43 am Some beautiful knives being posted here! Great show everyone! ::nod:: ::tu::

Mark that knife has an interestingly unusual form. Very attractive find! ::tu:: :D

My newest Klaas showed up. It 3 13/16" long. Thanks for looking friends! ::handshake::
That’s a sweet knife! Congrats!
Phil
TPK

Post by TPK »

phil0175 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:27 pm ::tu::
TPK wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:43 am Some beautiful knives being posted here! Great show everyone! ::nod:: ::tu::

My newest Klaas showed up. It 3 13/16" long. Thanks for looking friends! ::handshake::
That’s a sweet knife! Congrats!
Phil
Thanks Phil! I appreciate it! ::handshake:: :D

TPK

Post by TPK »

Quick Steel wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:20 pm Good looking knife Tom. ::tu::
Thanks Buddy! ::handshake:: :D

TPK

Post by TPK »

doglegg wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:54 pm Ssk that is a very desirable knife. Put together but not cobbled for sure. Congrats. ::tu::

Benton, looks like a knice pocket rider, worker knife. ::nod::

Breseman your running an immigrant half way house there. Interesting gathering. ::tu::

Tom, very lovely and useful. ::nod:: ::nod::
Thanks Floyd! ::handshake:: :D

Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Some beautiful knives being posted the last few days.
TPK wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:43 am My newest Klaas showed up. It's 3 13/16" long. Thanks for looking friends! ::handshake::
Tom.....now your tempting me, aren't you? :mrgreen: Beautiful knife.

I got these in earlier in the week.
A 2001 Remington R14 Show knife that I am adding to my Camillus 72 Clones group. I have also posted this in the 72 clones thread. I took two photos. One outside and one inside. I took the one inside so you could see the blade etch more clearly. For some reason I couldn't get it to show up outside. It has Brass Bolsters, Remington 2001 Show Knife blade etch, Wood handles and has 1071 stamped on the front bolster.
REM R14 2001 RSb.jpg
Rem R14 2001 RSa.jpg
The second one is a Camillus short line tang stamp # 23 Large Equal End Jack with white pyroxylin handles. Blades are spotted and have many minute scratches but still have some of the original luster and excellent snap.
Cam 23 EEJb.jpg
CAM 23 EEJ.jpg
CAM 23 EEJA.jpg
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
TPK

Post by TPK »

Papa Bones wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:15 pm Some beautiful knives being posted the last few days.
TPK wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:43 am My newest Klaas showed up. It's 3 13/16" long. Thanks for looking friends! ::handshake::

A 2001 Remington R14 Show knife that I am adding to my Camillus 72 Clones group. I have also posted this in the 72 clones thread. I took two photos. One outside and one inside. I took the one inside so you could see the blade etch more clearly. For some reason I couldn't get it to show up outside. It has Brass Bolsters, Remington 2001 Show Knife blade etch, Wood handles and has 1071 stamped on the front bolster.

The second one is a Camillus short line tang stamp # 23 Large Equal End Jack with white pyroxylin handles. Blades are spotted and have many minute scratches but still have some of the original luster and excellent snap.
Thanks Smitty! ::handshake::

I like the knives you scored! Ya did good Buddy! ::nod:: ::super_happy::

phil0175
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by phil0175 »

Papa Bones wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:15 pm Some beautiful knives being posted the last few days.

REM R14 2001 RSb.jpg
Rem R14 2001 RSa.jpg

Cam 23 EEJb.jpg
CAM 23 EEJ.jpg
CAM 23 EEJA.jpg
You did well!!!!! I really dig the Camillus 23 large jack knife. Excellent!
Phil
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

TPK wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:39 pm
Thanks Smitty! ::handshake::

I like the knives you scored! Ya did good Buddy! ::nod:: ::super_happy::
Appreciate it Tom! ::tu::

phil0175 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:41 pm
You did well!!!!! I really dig the Camillus 23 large jack knife. Excellent!
Phil
Thanks Phil!

Smitty
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

I saw this Ranger a few days ago on the bay and wondered about the configuration, a full sized stockman with a clip blade and a pair of scissors? The price was right so now I have a Ranger made by Colonial with the strange (to me) clip and scissors. The scissors work very well.
Ranger by Colonial
Ranger by Colonial
This one also came in the mail from my daughter and her family for my birthday. It is a Case Canoe with Giraffe bone. The fit and finish is great however the blades both had feather edges and the main blade felt like it had sand in the pivot when it was closed. :( A few strokes on the crock sticks and a bit of flushing the blades are as they should have been when they left the factory. Such as this is sad when one considers the cost of such a knife.
Fancy box with Giraffe bone handles, mighty slick on the outside!
Fancy box with Giraffe bone handles, mighty slick on the outside!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Cant tell ya any thing on your Stockman Tf other than that is PLAIN KOOL!!! ::tu:: 8) ::tu:: Congrats.. ::handshake::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

treefarmer wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:52 pm I saw this Ranger a few days ago on the bay and wondered about the configuration, a full sized stockman with a clip blade and a pair of scissors? The price was right so now I have a Ranger made by Colonial with the strange (to me) clip and scissors. The scissors work very well.
002.JPG
Treefarmer
Good looking knife Treefarmer. Excellent condition. ::tu::

Smitty
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Thanks for the comments, Fellers! ::handshake::
I receive a couple more knives for my birthday, that were delivered but not by mail:
My son got me a big old Frontier folding hunter that needed to be cleaned up a bit. The blades appear to have never been on a whet rock but they are dinged up a bit. I like to piddle with these used ones!
Frontier folding hunter 4624 made by Imperial
Frontier folding hunter 4624 made by Imperial
Looks like yesterday was canoe day. Along with the Giraffe bone canoe one of our friends presented me with a Case canoe that's color is called Old Red on the box. This one was slick and clean both inside and out. ::shrug:: He also gave me a knife pick made by Rough Ryder. The handle has a shield
marked Rough Ryder while the blade is stamped Rough Rider. Just think, one day it may be valuable, known as a "transition" pick. :wink:
Case Canoe 62131 SS
Case Canoe 62131 SS
Red Rider/Ryder knife pick
Red Rider/Ryder knife pick
A thought occurred to me concerning the condition of the 2 canoes, the red was made in 2011 and the Giraffe bone was made in 2019. Does the dates have an bearing on the quality control of Case? I thought they were supposed to have improved things a little bit? ::shrug::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

treefarmer wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:52 pm I saw this Ranger a few days ago on the bay and wondered about the configuration, a full sized stockman with a clip blade and a pair of scissors? The price was right so now I have a Ranger made by Colonial with the strange (to me) clip and scissors. The scissors work very well.
002.JPG

This one also came in the mail from my daughter and her family for my birthday. It is a Case Canoe with Giraffe bone. The fit and finish is great however the blades both had feather edges and the main blade felt like it had sand in the pivot when it was closed. :( A few strokes on the crock sticks and a bit of flushing the blades are as they should have been when they left the factory. Such as this is sad when one considers the cost of such a knife.001.JPG
Treefarmer
Gosh thanks, Philip. Now ya went and done it. Three more days in the month and I had almost made into October without buying anymore knives this month. But noooooo. You had to go and show that Colonial w/scissors. I've wanted one for quite a while and thought I had it covered when I bought a Schrade but it's a tiny little thing.

Seller's Pic
Attachments
Ranger with scissors (Colonial).jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
TPK

Post by TPK »

Congrats Philip! ::handshake:: Those are some sweet knives you recieved for your Birthday. ::nod:: :D

I like knives with scissors for some reason. Nice finds to both of you Philip & Jerry. ::tu:: :D

Return to “General Knife Discussion”