Mail Call !-Post your new pick-ups here............

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Mail Call !-Post your new pick-ups here............

Post by Madmarco »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:57 pm This one arrived in yesterday’s mail. Birthday present from our oldest son. This one is new but it reminds me a lot of the 100 or so years old North American Cutlery big coke bottle I have. Even has the same double pulls. ::tu::

Ken
Beautiful knife for your collection Ken! ::tu:: And belated Happy Birthday, I was meaning to tell you yesterday but "stuff" kept sidetracking me. ::facepalm:: Mark! 8)
8)
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Thanks Mark. ::handshake::
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Railsplitter: I recognized that one immediately. Franklin Mint released a slew of those, if memory serves me correctly. I like the way the one bolster mimics the car's tailfins.

Ken: that's a nice birthday present! It got me to thinking that double pulls are a great feature that should be used more.

Marc: thanks for the kind words! I have two more Wharnies in transit, and one of them will be a carrier.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Eye Brand Man

Post by Eye Brand Man »

Madmarco wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:13 pm
Eye Brand Man wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:34 am What can I say? I’m a sucker for Solingen’s :lol:
These arrived yesterday. A Explorer button lock and a Weidmannsheil Lockback.
First one of these Explorer button locks I’ve ever had. Pretty neat. The button locks it closed, half stop and open.
Two beauties EBM! ::tu:: The MOP on your Weid is stunning, and your Explorer has me intrigued, would you please let me know where I view and acquire one? Thanks, Mark! 8)
The explorer button locks are discontinued. I believe they were made in the 70’s or 80’s. I found mine on the bay.
Thanks for the compliments!
Eye Brand Collector
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

My Queen QN010 eluded the porch pirates yesterday and was in my mailbox when I got home. Whew! Exhale! Yeah, it's a China Queen and from the looks of it and the box it was made in the same factory as the Rough Riders. All in all, at 3-5/8" closed it's a fine little knife. Love the saw cut bone handles.
Attachments
Queen QN010 Wharncliffe Jack - Labeled.JPG
Queen QN010 Wharncliffe Jack - Pattern Stamp.JPG
Queen QN010 Wharncliffe Jack - Tang Stamp.JPG
Queen QN010 Wharncliffe Jack - Closed Pile.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

jerryd6818 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:49 pm My Queen QN010 eluded the porch pirates yesterday and was in my mailbox when I got home. Whew! Exhale! Yeah, it's a China Queen and from the looks of it and the box it was made in the same factory as the Rough Riders. All in all, at 3-5/8" closed it's a fine little knife. Love the saw cut bone handles.
Those Saw Cut bones are very nice. ::tu::
JP
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

jerryd6818 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:49 pm My Queen QN010 eluded the porch pirates yesterday and was in my mailbox when I got home. Whew! Exhale! Yeah, it's a China Queen and from the looks of it and the box it was made in the same factory as the Rough Riders. All in all, at 3-5/8" closed it's a fine little knife. Love the saw cut bone handles.
::tu:: ::tu:: ::nod::
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Those saw cut covers are distinctive. Very nice.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Eye Brand Man wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:31 am
Madmarco wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:13 pm
Eye Brand Man wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:34 am What can I say? I’m a sucker for Solingen’s :lol:
These arrived yesterday. A Explorer button lock and a Weidmannsheil Lockback.
First one of these Explorer button locks I’ve ever had. Pretty neat. The button locks it closed, half stop and open.
Two beauties EBM! ::tu:: The MOP on your Weid is stunning, and your Explorer has me intrigued, would you please let me know where I view and acquire one? Thanks, Mark! 8)
The explorer button locks are discontinued. I believe they were made in the 70’s or 80’s. I found mine on the bay.
Thanks for the compliments!
Thanks for the additional information EBM! ::handshake:: I'll keep an eye out for one when I'm browsing Ebay! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Nice knife Jerry! ::tu:: The covers and the warnnie blade make that one special! ::nod:: Glad it got to you safe n' sound! 8)
8)
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Madmarco wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:12 pm Glad it got to you safe n' sound! 8)
Thanks Mark. Me too.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
TPK

Post by TPK »

Great looking knives everyone! ::tu:: :D

Ken that's a real pretty knife! ::nod:: Congrats my friend! ::handshake:: :D

This Schrade 340T showed up on friday. Had one of them as a boy & teenager. Carried it all the time. ::nod::
Now I have one again. ::super_happy:: It's in great condition & in my pocket! Just like old times! ::nod:: :D
Attachments
IMG_20210410_121022_404.jpg
IMG_20210410_120825_416.jpg
IMG_20210410_120718_092.jpg
IMG_20210410_120655_169.jpg
IMG_20210410_120609_359.jpg
IMG_20210410_120447_307.jpg
IMG_20210410_120433_919.jpg
IMG_20210410_120354_068.jpg
IMG_20210410_120214_789.jpg
IMG_20210410_115126_105.jpg
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

TPK wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:50 pm Great looking knives everyone! ::tu:: :D

This Schrade 340T showed up on friday. Had one of them as a boy & teenager. Carried it all the time. ::nod::
Now I have one again. ::super_happy:: It's in great condition & in my pocket! Just like old times! ::nod:: :D
Very nice classic old knife Tom! ::tu:: Sure is nice to bring back memories of a much simpler time. ::nod:: Also, your photo innovations are super-cool, well done! 8)
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Tom you can’t go wrong with a Schrade. Very nice.
I like that Queen Jerry.

I had 3 keepers arrive this weekend. First is a Moki Kronos with desert ironwood handles. First time I had seen one with wooden handles.
Second is a Robeson by Queen grand dad barlow with jigged strawberry bone handles.
Third is another Marbles by Dave Shirley. English Easy Open Jack with red bone stag handles.
Attachments
A27A2105-FB4A-4261-AE93-27B12C2AF7C8.jpeg
2A69F3DA-63D3-4C92-8A6F-88ED491905FF.jpeg
E9D832A0-9E6B-4F99-800A-75522BB9B3E3.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:02 pm Tom you can’t go wrong with a Schrade. Very nice.
I like that Queen Jerry.

I had 3 keepers arrive this weekend. First is a Moki Kronos with desert ironwood handles. First time I had seen one with wooden handles.
Second is a Robeson by Queen grand dad barlow with jigged strawberry bone handles.
Third is another Marbles by Dave Shirley. English Easy Open Jack with red bone stag handles.
Three beauties for the collection Mark! ::tu:: Really liking the color bone on the bottom two, and the Moki, well, what can I say! Some very nice additions in your store too! A great weekend overall! 8)
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Thanks Mark. I did have a good weekend for new knives. Been scoring quite a few lately. My personal collection is getting too large again. I need to stop buying and reduce the collection again.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:41 pm Thanks Mark. I did have a good weekend for new knives. Been scoring quite a few lately. My personal collection is getting too large again. I need to stop buying and reduce the collection again.
What a dilemma you're facing Mark, I feel for ya! ::doh:: It just so happens I have some blank spots in my collection if you need somewhere to get rid of your excess! LOL! 8)
8)
Eye Brand Man

Post by Eye Brand Man »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:02 pm Tom you can’t go wrong with a Schrade. Very nice.
I like that Queen Jerry.

Killer bone on that Marbles EO ::tu:: those Shirley Marbles are mighty fine knives. Queen did a bang up job them.
Eye Brand Collector
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

Great knives Jerry, Tom and SSK! That Seahorse is a beaut, Jerry!
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

Here's a new pickup. It's a Boker Plus Rexford. VG-10 steel. It's probably as beefy a knife as I've owned. Quite the beast, and super sharp..
Marco, this one might be one you'll like!
IMG_1638 (2).JPG
IMG_1639 (2).JPG
TPK

Post by TPK »

Madmarco wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:58 pm
TPK wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:50 pm Great looking knives everyone! ::tu:: :D

Very nice classic old knife Tom! ::tu:: Sure is nice to bring back memories of a much simpler time. ::nod:: Also, your photo innovations are super-cool, well done! 8)
Thanks Marco! ::handshake:: ::super_happy::

TPK

Post by TPK »

I like that Queen Jerry.

Thanks Buddy! ::handshake:: :D

Very Beautiful Knives you got there! ::nod:: ::tu::

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

toomanyknives wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:43 am Here's a new pickup. It's a Boker Plus Rexford. VG-10 steel. It's probably as beefy a knife as I've owned. Quite the beast, and super sharp..
Marco, this one might be one you'll like! IMG_1638 (2).JPGIMG_1639 (2).JPG
Very nice Kerry! ::tu:: And you called it, I definitely like that one! ::groove:: Looks to be as tough as they come! And it's a Boker ta boot! 8)
8)
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Lion Steel Mini. I was hoping to get some satisfactory Olive Wood and I'm satisfied. I remove the pocket clips from all of my knives that have them and like always, that was the first thing I did.

It's a decent little knife but it lacks that exceptional "feel" that I've come to expect with the brand. I've owned maybe about 8 or 10 Lion Steel knives and I'd give all the others a 10. This one gets an 8 which is still very good. I might have a different perspective after I use it a few times.
Attachments
IMG_5857.JPG
IMG_5859.JPG
IMG_5860.JPG
IMG_5861.JPG
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Looks cool RailS. Congrats. Good looking wood. I'm with you on the pocket clips. What made this an 8 instead of 10?

It was a long back burner search and wait for this one. Years. Finally scored an AAPK. No complaints, love the red bone and the double bladed single spring package. So slim. And the smooth action, no half stops, and hearty snap open and close is very nice. Liking the 35s more and more.
Attachments
thumbnail_20210412_123003.jpg
thumbnail_20210412_124101.jpg
thumbnail_20210412_124152.jpg
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter

Return to “General Knife Discussion”