Mail Call !-Post your new pick-ups here............

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Mail Call !-Post your new pick-ups here............

Post by Papa Bones »

Madmarco wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:48 am
Great score Smitty! ::tu:: All very nice folders! Your collection must be bursting at the seams! LOL! 8)
Appreciate it Marc. I just add more storage rolls. ::tu:: ::super_happy::
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

dlr110 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:03 am I ordered this Brother 1502G Lockback over a month ago and it just got here today.
It wasn't the USPS that was slow, it was actually on that slow boat from China. The knife is tight and solid. Zero movement from the blade when open. All seams are perfectly matched. The black linen Micarta handles are very smooth so you need to make sure you have a good grip on the knife. Very sharp edge....shaveable. Is that a word? My only concern is the hard plastic red spacers that serve as the liners. Will it stand the test of time and use....???
Those Brother knives really do look great. Hope it's as good as it looks, David!
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Gone2Three »

Freshly unwrapped and shipped as found... talk about being at the right place at the right time. So lucky to acquire this old Case Tested period knife. Actually unsure of the model number, but very pleased to have it in my collection. Have some cleaning up yet to do, but positive it will be a beauty!

Randy
Attachments
20210917_191229.jpg
20210917_191217.jpg
20210917_191044.jpg
20210917_191034.jpg
#goldpan

Post by #goldpan »

Nice knife Randy! Please share a picture after you get her cleaned up ::tu::
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Beautiful old bones. Great pickup Randy. ::nod::
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Gone2Three wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:23 am Freshly unwrapped and shipped as found... talk about being at the right place at the right time. So lucky to acquire this old Case Tested period knife. Actually unsure of the model number, but very pleased to have it in my collection. Have some cleaning up yet to do, but positive it will be a beauty!

Randy
She's a Beaut Randy!! ::tu::

Smitty
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Gone2Three »

#goldpan wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:26 am Nice knife Randy! Please share a picture after you get her cleaned up ::tu::
Will do! ::tu::
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Gone2Three »

doglegg wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:54 am Beautiful old bones. Great pickup Randy. ::nod::
Thanks! ::handshake::
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Gone2Three »

Papa Bones wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:03 am
Gone2Three wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:23 am Freshly unwrapped and shipped as found... talk about being at the right place at the right time. So lucky to acquire this old Case Tested period knife. Actually unsure of the model number, but very pleased to have it in my collection. Have some cleaning up yet to do, but positive it will be a beauty!

Randy
She's a Beaut Randy!! ::tu::
Appreciate that Smitty ::handshake::
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

Randy
That's a fantastic knife, Randy. It would make any collection proud! ::tu:: How big is that one? Looks like my old 6225 1/2, which is 3" closed..
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Gone2Three »

toomanyknives wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:07 pm

Randy
That's a fantastic knife, Randy. It would make any collection proud! ::tu:: How big is that one? Looks like my old 6225 1/2, which is 3" closed..
Good morning, I appreciate that!...
It measures exactly 3" closed
Wasn't sure of numbering system that Case used for these old knives. I've found similar with bolster on end but this only has the top bolster with bare end so to speak
Thanks,
Randy
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

The mailman dropped these off yestiddy, thanks Jeffin. ::tu::
Attachments
20210918_102509.jpg
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

bighomer wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:32 pm The mailman dropped these off yestiddy, thanks Jeffin. ::tu::
Very nice, Homer! Jeffin is pretty darn good.... ::tu::
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

Gone2Three wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:04 pm
toomanyknives wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:07 pm

Randy
Good morning, I appreciate that!...
It measures exactly 3" closed
Wasn't sure of numbering system that Case used for these old knives. I've found similar with bolster on end but this only has the top bolster with bare end so to speak
Thanks,
Randy
I believe the bare end model is the 62025 1/2. They did make those during the "Tested" era...
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

A while back I got interested in the G. Schrade's Stainless Steel Hunting & Fishing Knives. These old knives were made from 1926-1946, then there are some made with Boker etched blades that are a bit newer. They are available in every condition and there is an unbelievable asking price spred between owners!
Well, I got my 1st one several months back and a few days ago got another, both are in excellent shape. Some times when I end up with a pair of knives, they end up as birthday gifts for the two oldest grandsons, one in September and the other in February. So yesterday we mailed one to the oldest grandson for his birthday next week. Last week another one came up on Ebay that appeared to have a full blade and the lock looked right. It arrived today, not quite as nice as the 1st two, still with a full blade but someone put some unsightly scratches on the blade when they sharpened it. It'll stay in my pile most likely.
Personally, I find them unique for 1st being old, 2nd being simply made, 3rd I like the engraved (stamped) handles and their interesting history.
The one that came today.  The one in the bag mails out in February.
The one that came today. The one in the bag mails out in February.
Notice the unsightly scratches way up on the blade.
Notice the unsightly scratches way up on the blade.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

treefarmer wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:14 am A while back I got interested in the G. Schrade's Stainless Steel Hunting & Fishing Knives. These old knives were made from 1926-1946, then there are some made with Boker etched blades that are a bit newer. They are available in every condition and there is an unbelievable asking price spred between owners!
Well, I got my 1st one several months back and a few days ago got another, both are in excellent shape. Some times when I end up with a pair of knives, they end up as birthday gifts for the two oldest grandsons, one in September and the other in February. So yesterday we mailed one to the oldest grandson for his birthday next week. Last week another one came up on Ebay that appeared to have a full blade and the lock looked right. It arrived today, not quite as nice as the 1st two, still with a full blade but someone put some unsightly scratches on the blade when they sharpened it. It'll stay in my pile most likely.
Personally, I find them unique for 1st being old, 2nd being simply made, 3rd I like the engraved (stamped) handles and their interesting history.
001.JPG005.JPG
Treefarmer
Those really are pretty cool, Treefarmer. The G. Schrade stuff can be interesting. I remember seeing some wire knives made by them that were also unique..
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

I have one Philip and I agree that they are unique. Congrats on yours. ::handshake::
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

bighomer wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:32 pm The mailman dropped these off yestiddy, thanks Jeffin. ::tu::

Beautiful Electrician, and that fish knife ain't bad either. Congrats BH.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

::tu:: ::tu:: Very nice. Jeffin does some jam up work!

treefarmer wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:14 am A while back I got interested in the G. Schrade's Stainless Steel Hunting & Fishing Knives. These old knives were made from 1926-1946, then there are some made with Boker etched blades that are a bit newer. They are available in every condition and there is an unbelievable asking price spred between owners!
001.JPG005.JPG
Treefarmer
::tu:: ::tu:: Looks good to me and she has a lot of life left in her. Great find Treefarmer!!

Smitty
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Still got a gnarly stag wild hair up my keister; so, when I saw this 2013 S&M File & Wire 031208 Burnt Stag Pint Swaybelly, I couldn't resist. Normally, I'm not a big fan of wide spear blades, but the more I play around with this one, the more it grows on me. It is a DFC era knife, which, to be honest, gave me a moment of hesitation...however, the stag is just so gosh darned gnarly and beautiful I decided to take the risk. I was very relieved when I got it to find that the fit and finish are classic "old school" Queen, i.e., top notch in every respect (which is usually somewhat of a crap shoot with DFC era knives) . Also, it has D2 Tool Steel, which I much prefer to the DFC Carbon Steel. Closed Length = 3 5/8"

P9180023.JPG
P9180041.JPG
P9180002.JPG
P9180040.JPG
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Greaaaaaaaaaaat stag. Congrats, that's a beauty. Love those big spears too.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

QTCut5 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:55 am Still got a gnarly stag wild hair up my keister; so, when I saw this 2013 S&M File & Wire 031208 Burnt Stag Pint Swaybelly, I couldn't resist. Normally, I'm not a big fan of wide spear blades, but the more I play around with this one, the more it grows on me. It is a DFC era knife, which, to be honest, gave me a moment of hesitation...however, the stag is just so gosh darned gnarly and beautiful I decided to take the risk. I was very relieved when I got it to find that the fit and finish are classic "old school" Queen, i.e., top notch in every respect (which is usually somewhat of a crap shoot with DFC era knives) . Also, it has D2 Tool Steel, which I much prefer to the DFC Carbon Steel. Closed Length = 3 5/8"

P9180023.JPGP9180041.JPGP9180002.JPGP9180040.JPG
Another winner, Q!
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

That knife provided a great canvas for all that wonderful stag. Glad it is in your pile. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::tu:: ::tu::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

That stag has great character. Dirty shame other makers (Case) can't (won't) haft their handles that well.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
TPK

Post by TPK »

QTCut5 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:55 am Still got a gnarly stag wild hair up my keister; so, when I saw this 2013 S&M File & Wire 031208 Burnt Stag Pint Swaybelly, I couldn't resist. Normally, I'm not a big fan of wide spear blades, but the more I play around with this one, the more it grows on me. It is a DFC era knife, which, to be honest, gave me a moment of hesitation...however, the stag is just so gosh darned gnarly and beautiful I decided to take the risk. I was very relieved when I got it to find that the fit and finish are classic "old school" Queen, i.e., top notch in every respect (which is usually somewhat of a crap shoot with DFC era knives) . Also, it has D2 Tool Steel, which I much prefer to the DFC Carbon Steel. Closed Length = 3 5/8"
:shock: Man! Is that stag Sweeeeeeet!!! ::nod:: ::tu::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!

Return to “General Knife Discussion”