Mail Call !-Post your new pick-ups here............

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
TPK

Re: Mail Call !-Post your new pick-ups here............

Post by TPK »

Theo wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:03 am Received this Muskrat in the mail today ; ::groove:: 2002 Schatt & Morgan Knife...YANKEE MUSKRAT...Boysenberry Bone...1 of 100.. I have to go back to photography classes mine sucks
:shock: Awesome addition! ::nod:: ::tu:: :D
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Happy anniversary Tom. Congratulations on starting your 4th year on AAPK. You've been a very active member. Thank you.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Theo

Post by Theo »

TPK wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:22 am
Theo wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:03 am Received this Muskrat in the mail today ; ::groove:: 2002 Schatt & Morgan Knife...YANKEE MUSKRAT...Boysenberry Bone...1 of 100.. I have to go back to photography classes mine sucks
Thanks Tom , she is a looker….and happy 4th anniversary
My new store http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/theo

“I don’t wanna kill anybody. But if I gotta get out that door, and you’re standing in my way, one way or the other, you’re gettin’ outta my way.” – Mr. Pink (Steve Buscemi) Reservoir Dogs
Theo

Post by Theo »

I received this on yesterday, SHAPLEIGH HRDWE CO. DE the shield has been replaced or the DE has been sanded off. Single blade jack. Hard to tell for me at least to narrow down an age. Also it looks like the blade had a tip off at one time not sure. But I loved it and now it’s mine….lol ::ds::
Attachments
IMG_3143.jpeg
IMG_3142.jpeg

“I don’t wanna kill anybody. But if I gotta get out that door, and you’re standing in my way, one way or the other, you’re gettin’ outta my way.” – Mr. Pink (Steve Buscemi) Reservoir Dogs
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Love the scales on that Shapleigh ::tu::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

That’s a beautiful old knife Theo.

I got this one yesterday and photographed it before I cleaned it up. I diddled around a couple of years ago when A.G. Russell first came out with this sunfish version with these oak handles and missed out. I got an email the other day from them and they said that 240 more showed up that they weren’t expecting so I jumped on it this time.
Stabilized oak handles on this very custom A.G. Russell designed sunfish.
Attachments
E03A1DB5-6255-441C-BE16-1008CAAFE6FE.jpeg
C6BB81B2-9D0D-42CD-809E-6B5ED213E1EE.jpeg
CE597F65-3815-4695-BC8E-B1425C542A99.jpeg
85E3F69A-D2F6-4EF5-8B0F-B713BA25C9C1.jpeg
F4775B2D-64DE-4639-94D2-B4F8FD9D3FF4.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Theo wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:21 pm I received this on yesterday, SHAPLEIGH HRDWE CO. DE the shield has been replaced or the DE has been sanded off. Single blade jack. Hard to tell for me at least to narrow down an age. Also it looks like the blade had a tip off at one time not sure. But I loved it and now it’s mine….lol ::ds::
Very nice, Theo!
Not hard to see why you love it!
HOK, full of character!
8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:37 pm That’s a beautiful old knife Theo.

I got this one yesterday and photographed it before I cleaned it up. I diddled around a couple of years ago when A.G. Russell first came out with this sunfish version with these oak handles and missed out. I got an email the other day from them and they said that 240 more showed up that they weren’t expecting so I jumped on it this time.
I love it, Mark!
Any for sale in your store? ::shrug::
8)
8)
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Theo wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:21 pm I received this on yesterday, SHAPLEIGH HRDWE CO. DE the shield has been replaced or the DE has been sanded off. Single blade jack. Hard to tell for me at least to narrow down an age. Also it looks like the blade had a tip off at one time not sure. But I loved it and now it’s mine….lol ::ds::
I'll just say "Amen" to gdogg's coment on those fine looking handles! ::tu::

I'm always behind in posting knives that come in the mail. :oops: Mostly they are just low end knives that I suspect might be a "sleeper". I got these two a few weeks ago and they turned out to be good ones in my estimation, a Camillus stainless 179 and a Craftsman 95025, both are 4" stockman patterns with almost full blades:
003.JPG
The etch says A.C.A. Edge.
The etch says A.C.A. Edge.
What company made the Craftsman? I'm leaning toward Camillus. ::hmm::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
TPK

Post by TPK »

Theo wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:10 pm
TPK wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:22 am
Thanks Tom , she is a looker….and happy 4th anniversary
jerryd6818 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:00 am Happy anniversary Tom. Congratulations on starting your 4th year on AAPK. You've been a very active member. Thank you.
Thanks Jerry & Theo! ::handshake:: I hadn't even noticed that to be honest about it. :oops: But Thanks! ::super_happy::
As they say, time flies when your having fun! ::nod:: ::tu:: ::super_happy:: And..., I don't know as much about knives as most people here but I sure know a lot more about them than I did about them 4 years ago. ::nod:: ::tu::

TPK

Post by TPK »

Theo, Mark & Philip,

Those are some Sweeeeeeet additions Y'all been finding there! ::nod:: ::tu::

TPK

Post by TPK »

treefarmer wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:20 am
Theo wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:21 pm I received this on yesterday...

I'm always behind in posting knives that come in the mail. :oops: Mostly they are just low end knives that I suspect might be a "sleeper". I got these two a few weeks ago and they turned out to be good ones in my estimation, a Camillus stainless 179 and a Craftsman 95025, both are 4" stockman patterns with almost full blades:003.JPG004.JPG
Treefarmer
Is that real bone handles on that Camillus treefarmer? Man that's a real beauty there! ::nod:: ::tu:: Very nice score! ::handshake:: ::super_happy::

Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Madmarco wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:37 am
Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:37 pm That’s a beautiful old knife Theo.

I love it, Mark!
8)
I know this is your type of knife Mark, but I don’t have any for the store. A.G. Russell still has these for sale on their website and catalog.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

TPK wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:27 am
Theo wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:21 pm I received this on yesterday...

I'm always behind in posting knives that come in the mail. :oops: Mostly they are just low end knives that I suspect might be a "sleeper". I got these two a few weeks ago and they turned out to be good ones in my estimation, a Camillus stainless 179 and a Craftsman 95025, both are 4" stockman patterns with almost full blades:003.JPG004.JPG
Treefarmer
Is that real bone handles on that Camillus treefarmer? Man that's a real beauty there! ::nod:: ::tu:: Very nice score! ::handshake:: ::super_happy::
No my friend, they are Delrin. :(
Treefarmer

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:39 am
Madmarco wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:37 am

I love it, Mark!
8)
I know this is your type of knife Mark, but I don’t have any for the store. A.G. Russell still has these for sale on their website and catalog.
Thanks Mark.
Their site has them available along with their US$500. minimum international shipping policy, and that alone stops me strictly on principle.
I'll just have to be satisfied with my Rough Rider "Hippo-Toe"!
8)
8)
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Dan In MI wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:50 am
DM11 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:12 pm Sheldon Lambsfoot
Knice one! ::tu::
TPK wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:43 am Never seen one of them from Wenger before but I will be on the lookout now.
Thanks, Tom! ::handshake:: They're not too hard to find. You might also see them black, silver, blue, and green

And here are a few more of the "narrow" SAKs. The one in the middle is another Wenger, while the other four are Victorinox Secretaries. The green and red ones have tand stamps identical to the blue and silver ones, respectively. This will probably be it for me for a while...I owe some favors now.

30 March 2023 SAK Mail Call (1).jpg

30 March 2023 SAK Mail Call (2).jpg

30 March 2023 SAK Mail Call (3).jpg

30 March 2023 SAK Mail Call (4).jpg
Very cool Dan. I really like those SAK Office Knives.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

glennbad wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:59 pm A new (to me) Lloyd...

Lloyd 25.jpg
Lloyd 26.jpg
That’s a real looker Glenn. I love those yellow scales.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Now that’s a FINE Muskrat. I hardly ever carry one, but something about them has always appealed to me.
I’d have a hard time passing that one up myself. The sales sure are nice, and that blade is just now getting broken in.
Robert E. Lee
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Treefarmer
TF, I’d have had to snatch those two up myself. I can see those winding up in the pockets of some grandsons.
Robert E. Lee
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

I’ve had quite the dry spell, but daddy wound up with these two at a gun and knife show a couple of weeks ago and just got around to showing them to me. He knows I’m a sucker for old Camillus knives, so I bought them off him.

Someone has hand painted the scales one the 23. They’re neat, but I see this one getting bone eventually.
73F6DFDE-B0DF-41AD-8B46-D8AFD90712E5.jpeg
E1246BAA-0CAC-4749-85F2-10E09B6EE8BA.jpeg
FBD44411-0F1B-47CE-AF84-F6B149E8DB99.jpeg
Robert E. Lee
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Colonel26 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:49 pm

Treefarmer
TF, I’d have had to snatch those two up myself. I can see those winding up in the pockets of some grandsons.
Bro. Wade, you're probably on track with the grandson thing. I thought the one I posted was identical to one already in my possession but this one is a 179 Stainless, the other is a 67, same knife except for the 67 is carbon steel with a one "thread line" about 3/32" from the handle/bolster joints.
That ol' big 23 is a real handful. Before I read your post, I assumed it had some Scrimshaw work. Paint won't make it in the pocket. They are much of a handful!
Treefarmer

Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

treefarmer wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:57 pm
Colonel26 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:49 pm

Treefarmer
Bro. Wade, you're probably on track with the grandson thing. I thought the one I posted was identical to one already in my possession but this one is a 179 Stainless, the other is a 67, same knife except for the 67 is carbon steel with a one "thread line" about 3/32" from the handle/bolster joints.
That ol' big 23 is a real handful. Before I read your post, I assumed it had some Scrimshaw work. Paint won't make it in the pocket. They are much of a handful!
Treefarmer
No sir, those scales got to go. It’ll get some pocket worthy handles.

Those grandsons will treasure those knives for sure.
Robert E. Lee
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Colonel26 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:54 pm I’ve had quite the dry spell, but daddy wound up with these two at a gun and knife show a couple of weeks ago and just got around to showing them to me. He knows I’m a sucker for old Camillus knives, so I bought them off him.

Someone has hand painted the scales one the 23. They’re neat, but I see this one getting bone eventually.

73F6DFDE-B0DF-41AD-8B46-D8AFD90712E5.jpegE1246BAA-0CAC-4749-85F2-10E09B6EE8BA.jpegFBD44411-0F1B-47CE-AF84-F6B149E8DB99.jpeg
Your old Dad sure done you good !
The 23 has nice full blades and they’re a good handful of knife for a user . That 72 isn’t too bad either ::tu:: ::tu::
JP
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Picked these up from blade brother Q and am really liking them. Many thanks Q, great knives. Can't do the bone justice. 1977 and 1978 6207 Mini Trappers. Bone much deeper than it looks in pics. Like nothing Case is doing currently. The depth of color and the clarity looking down in the bone and the splotchy mottled look. I love it. And I love the bear trap snap, the solid, tight no wobble lock up, the smooth flush springs open and closed, the very well done transitions and overall fit and finish is very good. The build with the spring and liners being so tight and seamless. They do not do that these days. Love these 70s knives. And with the original factory edge razor sharp 45 years on. Don't need to hit the stone when they come this sharp either. I love that. Couldn't be happier, thanks again brother Q.
Attachments
thumbnail_20230403_160948.jpg
thumbnail_20230403_161202.jpg
thumbnail_20230403_161344.jpg
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Theo

Post by Theo »

Ivoryman wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:37 pm Picked these up from blade brother Q and am really liking them. Many thanks Q, great knives. Can't do the bone justice. 1977 and 1978 6207 Mini Trappers. Bone much deeper than it looks in pics. Like nothing Case is doing currently. The depth of color and the clarity looking down in the bone and the splotchy mottled look. I love it. And I love the bear trap snap, the solid, tight no wobble lock up, the smooth flush springs open and closed, the very well done transitions and overall fit and finish is very good. The build with the spring and liners being so tight and seamless. They do not do that these days. Love these 70s knives. And with the original factory edge razor sharp 45 years on. Don't need to hit the stone when they come this sharp either. I love that. Couldn't be happier, thanks again brother Q.
You are correct, those are some fantastic looking bones , nice looking knives Ivory......it is a shame Case doesn't dial it back and produce handles like this....

Return to “General Knife Discussion”