Mail Call !-Post your new pick-ups here............

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
kootenay joe

Re: Mail Call !-Post your new pick-ups here............

Post by kootenay joe »

I have one of those big Westerns with a saw blade. I think it's posted in the For Sale forum. Somewhat rare, at least not often seen.
Tony you could try to stuff end of a matchstick in the well under the kick of the clip blade to raise it up slightly, as long as this does not expose tip.
kj
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Hey kj,
If you were talking to me about a match stick under the kick of my Marble' Cattle King, I have done that for one of my knives, but on this one to get it high enough to get to the nail nick would lift the tip up out of the blade well. :|
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

kj, To answer your question, yes my Moore Maker was made by Queen. MM told me that their knives are currently being made by Utica, Baer, and Canal.
Doug51

Post by Doug51 »

Found these two at a garage sale. A Robeson with a number 222030 on the blade and a Queen whittler. The whittler has beautiful handle covers even though the blades are used up and the Robeson I don't know much about yet. $5ea I paid.
IMG_20190614_130049263.jpg
Attachments
IMG_20190614_130133452.jpg
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

The postman dropped these off today, bought as a lot. Not much of a fix blade toter but wanted this one because I got a imperial jack with the same scales.
20190614_204440.jpg
Attachments
20190422_180501.jpg
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Like those scales Homer, the fixed too. Art Deco.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Ivoryman wrote:Like those scales Homer, the fixed too. Art Deco.
Thanks I-man, they ain't to shabby for bottom feeders. ::handshake::
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Here's a Case Mini-Trapper that was in the Bay when I rescued it. I believe it has 2 dots with the '93-'99 tang. It needs a good cleaning. The clip seems to have lost a fair amount of metal compared to my other 07's clip blades. The spay looks to be all there. I usually don't comment on price too often but $15.99 w/free shipping seemed good to me. ::shrug::
028.JPG
027.JPG
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Excellent catch for an excellent price, Philip.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

treefarmer wrote:Here's a Case Mini-Trapper that was in the Bay when I rescued it. I believe it has 2 dots with the '93-'99 tang. It needs a good cleaning. The clip seems to have lost a fair amount of metal compared to my other 07's clip blades. The spay looks to be all there. I usually don't comment on price too often but $15.99 w/free shipping seemed good to me. ::shrug::028.JPG027.JPG
Treefarmer
That’s a steal at that price. I swear I can’t figure out prices on Ebay, they are all over the place. I troll Ebay looking for mispriced knives like this. Good score.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

This very simplistic, single blade folder from EAGLE KNIFE CO (over) PAT OCT.1.18 (over) MADE IN USA arrived today. It has found a new, loving home.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

I'm computer illiterate, so cannot post a pic. Picked up a Rough Rider smooth brown bone large Cotton Sampler this morning from my mail box. Was a bit disappointed at first because the scales were not a match. One side was a light burnt orange which i loved, the other a dark brown, i would have preferred the orange color on both sides, but after getting it home and having a good look at it, i love it. I read on a post that in the early production of knives, quite often the scales would not match when using stag, even if they were from the same antlers, this gave the early knives their uniqueness and character, i can see why. This is a beautiful knife and sharp, but after stropping on .05 diamond paste and finishing on plain leather it is razor sharp. I know Chinese produced knives are not for everyone and i can understand that, but value for money these are fantastic knives. If anyone is thinking of getting a smooth brown bone Cotton Sampler go for it, i am glad i purchased one. Hope you all have a good week-end.
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

kootenay joe wrote:I have one of those big Westerns with a saw blade. I think it's posted in the For Sale forum. Somewhat rare, at least not often seen.
Tony you could try to stuff end of a matchstick in the well under the kick of the clip blade to raise it up slightly, as long as this does not expose tip.
kj
I looked throughabout 5 pages couldn't find it in the for sale. Can you bump it up?
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

New_Windsor_NY wrote:This very simplistic, single blade folder from EAGLE KNIFE CO (over) PAT OCT.1.18 (over) MADE IN USA arrived today. It has found a new, loving home.
Hey man. Your pics reminded me to post something. Earlier in May went to farm auction sale in Manitoba with Dad. On the tool rack was a bunch of antique tools/traps/stuff/licence plates...
I got 1950, 1964, 1976 (like new in original wrapper), and 1983 Manitoba licence plates. And a 30/9/1973 Manitoba snowmobile licence plate.
For $2.50 each! Where do you get vintage licence plates for 2 bucks? No where i tell you! First for me. I am a real sucker for vintage stuff. These made my day!
I bloody forgot to take pics of them! I'll do that tomorrow.
The 50 needs a good cleaning/restore. Pics of the process so far. I remember that it is always best to document the process of restoration with pics. So that people believe you. The rest are just a little dirty.
Only using Simple Green, Shop Towels, and Bike scrubber brush.
I am totally blown when i started to get into it. It still has a ton of original flat chrome finish under all the dirt and surface rust. This is going to be so worth saving! I am going to frame it when i'm done.
The pics i have so far...
Attachments
DSCN0991.JPG
DSCN0992.JPG
DSCN0994.JPG
DSCN0995.JPG
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Who in North America was plating their snowmobiles in 73? It was quite the find, on top of more cool stuff that i'm going to post...
Have even more cheap collectibles to post!
When i remember too!
::facepalm::
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

cudgee wrote:I'm computer illiterate, so cannot post a pic.
Au contraire mon frère. Many before you have made that claim but were able to post pictures after reading the thread here ---► viewtopic.php?f=98&t=50258

There's no excuse for not reading the "Tips & Tricks" forum.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

WillyCamaro wrote:
New_Windsor_NY wrote:This very simplistic, single blade folder from EAGLE KNIFE CO (over) PAT OCT.1.18 (over) MADE IN USA arrived today. It has found a new, loving home.
Hey man. Your pics reminded me to post something. Earlier in May went to farm auction sale in Manitoba with Dad. On the tool rack was a bunch of antique tools/traps/stuff/licence plates...
I got 1950, 1964, 1976 (like new in original wrapper), and 1983 Manitoba licence plates. And a 30/9/1973 Manitoba snowmobile licence plate.
For $2.50 each! Where do you get vintage licence plates for 2 bucks? No where i tell you! First for me. I am a real sucker for vintage stuff. These made my day!
I bloody forgot to take pics of them! I'll do that tomorrow.
The 50 needs a good cleaning/restore. Pics of the process so far. I remember that it is always best to document the process of restoration with pics. So that people believe you. The rest are just a little dirty.
Only using Simple Green, Shop Towels, and Bike scrubber brush.
I am totally blown when i started to get into it. It still has a ton of original flat chrome finish under all the dirt and surface rust. This is going to be so worth saving! I am going to frame it when i'm done.
The pics i have so far...
That particular license plate I found under a house I was working on. Over my 40 years with Ma Bell, I found TONS of stuff. I probably found at least 35 license plates. Found many more on the side of the road. I sold many of them, but kept the older ones.
::tu::
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Sweeeet!
Here you go for pics,
Did my best at Midnight here...
My CFS and Fibro just love me! :mrgreen:
:D
Attachments
DSCN1028.JPG
DSCN1031.JPG
DSCN1032.JPG
DSCN0995.JPG
DSCN0994.JPG
DSCN0992.JPG
DSCN0991.JPG
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Drinking lots of bad coke helps! Keeps me relaxed enough not to go punch myself!
:mrgreen:
Winston Churchill

kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Western 932 For Sale, bumped; viewtopic.php?f=31&t=60964&p=738852#p738852
kj
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Willy, PM sent.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

My Case/Bose Cattle Knife arrived today. This is the third one I've owned but it's the first one I've owned in Chestnut Bone.

I like how all the nail pulls are on the same side on this pattern.
Attachments
IMG_4878.JPG
IMG_4877.JPG
IMG_4875.JPG
IMG_4876.JPG
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Rick, that's a beauty!!! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Doc B wrote:Rick, that's a beauty!!! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Thanks Doc!
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Rick that is very nice. One of the best jigged bone handles for that knife.
My Red Trout knife arrived Saturday. This blue rope jigging is nice. Eric said this material came from Schrade originally. Here is a photo with both for comparison. I bought this Schrade nearly 18 years ago. On the Red Trout thread there is more information about the history of this handle material.
Attachments
IMG_0636.jpeg
IMG_0638.jpeg
IMG_0639.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan

Return to “General Knife Discussion”