Pennsylvania Related Knives, what other kinds are there????

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
PA Knives
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Pennsylvania Related Knives, what other kinds are there????

Post by PA Knives »

Coleman Cutlery Titusville PA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several months back Mr. Levine was kind enough to include a knife that I own in his column that he does for Knife World. This was a pearl handled pen stamped "Coleman Cultery Titusville PA" I have research this thing to death had have come up empty handed for the most part. The best that I can find is a Coleman and Fancy Cutlery Company from Philadelphia that matches up period wise with the Schatt and Morgan time frame. My very best guess is that it was contract to Schatt and Morgan for production and stamped Coleman. Mr. Levines dating of the fonts of the stamped helped to narrow this down. I contacted a former Queen Co. employee with the same question and he new very little of it. Just about as much as I had known prior to the Coleman and Fancy threory. I truly enjoy knife detective work and if anyone has something to add please let me know. Just an update for those of you that like that sort of stuff. I am still researching the J. W. Petrie situation Meadville PA also. I even have gone to the ancestory.com sites and found nothing.

Keep your eye open for old Pennsylvania related pocket knives for me. Comments on PA knives and questions on them are always welcome

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Multiple Contributions to Knife Magazine ,
Author of "Great Eastern Cutlery: An American Tradition, the History of the Northfield & Tidioute Brands" & "Tidioute: A Town With an Edge"

Return to “General Knife Discussion”