KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
EWMailman

Re: KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

Post by EWMailman »

My daughter was in Alaska and brought this home for me. ::ds:: Caribou antler and Damascus blade.(my first). James Hughey maker.
Attachments
20210512_173912.jpg
20210512_173952.jpg
20210512_174010.jpg
20210512_174908.jpg
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

EWMailman wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:02 pm My daughter was in Alaska and brought this home for me. ::ds:: Caribou antler and Damascus blade.(my first). James Hughey maker.
What a nice daughter, EW. And that's a very nice knife to boot! ::tu::
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

EWMailman wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:02 pm My daughter was in Alaska and brought this home for me. ::ds:: Caribou antler and Damascus blade.(my first). James Hughey maker.
What a beautiful knife. Love the handles and the blade. ::handshake::
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Dan In MI wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:49 am
Good $14 pick-up, I'd say. I've not seen another like it. Did the surplus store have any more? I now want to take the quick trip over to Harry's Army Surplus in the hopes I can find a good score.
Thanks Dan. Found these on the Bay. This guy even has free shipping. https://www.ebay.com/itm/224241285894?h ... SwB65fwVOF

TripleF wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:07 am
Wicked cool score bro!! Looooooooooooooooooooove it!!
Appreciate it Scott.
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

EWMailman wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:02 pm My daughter was in Alaska and brought this home for me.
That's the best souvenir I've ever seen! I've thought about picking up an ulu, but that's pretty far down on the priority list.

Papa Bones wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:19 pm Found these on the Bay. This guy even has free shipping. https://www.ebay.com/itm/224241285894?h ... SwB65fwVOF
Into the watch list they went. More than likely, I'll pick up one or two. Thanks for the link, Smitty!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

That's a fine looking fixed blade knife, EW!
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Papa Bones wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:15 pm I picked this one up at a Surplus Store today. It's a Italian made Utility or Rope knife with bail. The main blade has a tang stamp of BIANCHI (I have no idea if the same company that also produces holsters) with CAMPOBASSO below the Bianchi. In Italian Campo translates to field, and Basso translates to "Low" So maybe something similar to Lite field knife ::shrug:: I cleaned it up, and had to sharpen the canopener, and main blade. But I figure it will be a good backup campgear knife.
Bianchi Util_a.png
Bianchi Util_b.png
Bianchi Util_c.png
You have great taste Smitty! :wink: Here is mine I was carry it the other day. I think the can opener is designed to be used as a shackle key as well. That is why it has a strange shape to it.
Attachments
DSCF9637.JPG
DSCF9638.JPG
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Here is my find of the day. A big-'Ol 4 sided sharping stone, a Saber pocket knife, hatchet and old-time butcher knife. The guy I bought it from said the frame/cradle for the sharpening stone is somewhere in the storage shed...and he will try and find... ::shrug:: so I am hoping I end up with it or I will have to build one. ::hmm::
Attachments
DSCF1302.JPG
DSCF1303.JPG
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:43 am Here is my find of the day. A big-'Ol 4 sided sharping stone, a Saber pocket knife, hatchet and old-time butcher knife. The guy I bought it from said the frame/cradle for the sharpening stone is somewhere in the storage shed...and he will try and find... ::shrug:: so I am hoping I end up with it or I will have to build one. ::hmm::
Nice set. One of everything a guy could want and need.____Dave
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Three blades and a four-way stone...can't get much better than that, TopDog. ::tu::
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

djknife13 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:08 pm
GSPTOPDOG wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:43 am Here is my find of the day. A big-'Ol 4 sided sharping stone, a Saber pocket knife, hatchet and old-time butcher knife. The guy I bought it from said the frame/cradle for the sharpening stone is somewhere in the storage shed...and he will try and find... ::shrug:: so I am hoping I end up with it or I will have to build one. ::hmm::
Nice set. One of everything a guy could want and need.____Dave
Thanks! I think I could take that lot of items and go live on a desert island and get a little peace and quiet... ::hmm::

GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

KLJ77 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:44 pm Three blades and a four-way stone...can't get much better than that, TopDog. ::tu::
Thanks! It was the best score in a long time.... ::groove::

TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

That is wicked cool!!! You raised her right!!! ::tu::
Just what Dave said.....a little of everything guy wants!! Knice haul.
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Found these 2 today....and ooooooooooooooooooh boy is that Imperial snappy!!
Attachments
IMG_0401.JPG
SCOTT

Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

TripleF wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:38 pm Found these 2 today....and ooooooooooooooooooh boy is that Imperial snappy!!
Couple of nice finds there Scott. Love the Imperial. What is the size closed?

Smitty
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Papa Bones wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:48 pm
TripleF wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:38 pm Found these 2 today....and ooooooooooooooooooh boy is that Imperial snappy!!
Couple of nice finds there Scott. Love the Imperial. What is the size closed?

3 3/4"
SCOTT

Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Good one. Great size. ::tu:: ::tu::

Smitty
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Found these at the NSBC club meeting today. It's been a LONG time since we met and I might have gone a little overboard, but which of these could I leave behind. Top knife is a Schrade Walden bone trapper, clockwise, H Sears ebony Dr.s knife(pill buster end), Humphreys Radiant horn jack, Case Cheetah, Queen 1989 NSBC club knife all prettied up hand etched by a college Professor who did amazing work, Crucable Knife Co bone jack, old origional S&M pearl pen, Kutmaster saw cut bone jack, and a Kinfolks with original sheath._____Dave
Attachments
DSC01222.JPG
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

djknife13 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:04 pm Found these at the NSBC club meeting today. It's been a LONG time since we met and I might have gone a little overboard, but which of these could I leave behind. Top knife is a Schrade Walden bone trapper, clockwise, H Sears ebony Dr.s knife(pill buster end), Humphreys Radiant horn jack, Case Cheetah, Queen 1989 NSBC club knife all prettied up hand etched by a college Professor who did amazing work, Crucable Knife Co bone jack, old origional S&M pearl pen, Kutmaster saw cut bone jack, and a Kinfolks with original sheath._____Dave
Came straight over here when i saw your Diner post, :lol: Nice haul, i really like the Kutmaster Saw Cut Bone Jack. Glad you had a good time and caught up with friends. ::tu::
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

I like that Imperial Scott. I have one pretty close to that size, if not the same model and it has a really good quality feel to it. Some of my other Imperials have a "cheapo" feel to them (compared to Case etc.), but that one feels as good as any other good old name brands.

GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

::woot::
djknife13 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:04 pm Found these at the NSBC club meeting today. It's been a LONG time since we met and I might have gone a little overboard, but which of these could I leave behind. Top knife is a Schrade Walden bone trapper, clockwise, H Sears ebony Dr.s knife(pill buster end), Humphreys Radiant horn jack, Case Cheetah, Queen 1989 NSBC club knife all prettied up hand etched by a college Professor who did amazing work, Crucable Knife Co bone jack, old origional S&M pearl pen, Kutmaster saw cut bone jack, and a Kinfolks with original sheath._____Dave
::woot:: What a sweet haul!!!

Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Some awesome finds there Dave. ::tu:: ::tu::

Smitty
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Wow nice pickups DJ ::nod::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Epic score pal!!!
GSPTOPDOG wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:03 pm
I like that Imperial Scott. I have one pretty close to that size, if not the same model and it has a really good quality feel to it. Some of my other Imperials have a "cheapo" feel to them (compared to Case etc.), but that one feels as good as any other good old name brands.
And she is uptight and outta sight. Absolutely love it.
SCOTT

toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

What a great haul, DJ!

Return to “General Knife Discussion”