KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

Post by djknife13 »

I checked the Antique Shop to see if I had missed a few last month, and sure enough, a few more followed me home. The owner knocked 20% off again and threw in the Knife Pac for free. Starting clockwise at top right , KA-BAR stag jack, Winchester, Rem., Buck Creek, Queen and Wallkill River ebony jack in the center.____Dave
Attachments
DSC01194.JPG
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

djknife13 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:38 pm I checked the Antique Shop to see if I had missed a few last month, and sure enough, a few more followed me home. The owner knocked 20% off again and threw in the Knife Pac for free. Starting clockwise at top right , KA-BAR stag jack, Winchester, Rem., Buck Creek, Queen and Wallkill River ebony jack in the center.____Dave
Nice haul there Dave. Very nice when they work with a guy a bit. That Walkill River Jack is a dandy ::tu:: ::tu::
JP
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

What a great batch of knives, Dave! That Ka-Bar is a beast!
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Good stuff there, Dave. 8) ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Stanwade wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:15 pm
I love em' , Smitty 😁
Appreciate it Ryan.
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

djknife13 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:38 pm I checked the Antique Shop to see if I had missed a few last month, and sure enough, a few more followed me home. The owner knocked 20% off again and threw in the Knife Pac for free. Starting clockwise at top right , KA-BAR stag jack, Winchester, Rem., Buck Creek, Queen and Wallkill River ebony jack in the center.____Dave
Beautiful lot there Dave. ::tu:: ::tu::

Smitty
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Another bonanza Dave. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::tu:: ::tu::
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Thanks guys. I'm very pleased with my finds. Big gun show this weekend so I'm making good use of the stimulus money.____Dave
Louisville.Boy1947

Post by Louisville.Boy1947 »

Great finds, especially the Ka-Bar. ::ds::
Tony_Wood

Post by Tony_Wood »

Great haul! Love the stag KB
https://m.facebook.com/sheepsfootknives/?ref=bookmarks

Instagram: #sheepsfootknivesbytwood
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

::tu:: 8) ::tu::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

Bought these 2 today. A Case 6347 Amber Bone and a Case Burnt Salmon Muscrat. Been wanting a 6347 for a while. Little bigger than my 6318 EDC. Been wanting a Muscrat for a while also. The shield on the Muscrat was one I had not seen before. It's called a Tomahawk. Thanks for looking.
Attachments
20210319_145254.jpg
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

woodwalker wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:36 am Bought these 2 today. A Case 6347 Amber Bone and a Case Burnt Salmon Muscrat. Been wanting a 6347 for a while. Little bigger than my 6318 EDC. Been wanting a Muscrat for a while also. The shield on the Muscrat was one I had not seen before. It's called a Tomahawk. Thanks for looking.
Two great patterns there, Woodwalker! Can't beat a 47, and that Muskrat color is killer! ::tu::
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

toomanyknives wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:40 am
woodwalker wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:36 am Bought these 2 today. A Case 6347 Amber Bone and a Case Burnt Salmon Muscrat. Been wanting a 6347 for a while. Little bigger than my 6318 EDC. Been wanting a Muscrat for a while also. The shield on the Muscrat was one I had not seen before. It's called a Tomahawk. Thanks for looking.
Two great patterns there, Woodwalker! Can't beat a 47, and that Muskrat color is killer! ::tu::
Thank you!! ::handshake:: My first 47. That Muscrat color really pops! Appreciate your kind comments. :)
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Well ww, you scored a double there. Two great knives and knice bone as well. I like the shield. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::handshake::
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Good looking pair WoodWalker. ::tu::

Smitty
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Sweet! I am loving the KA-BAR stag jack!!! ::tu:: ::groove::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

I found a Cattaraugus 225Q Fixed Blade Quartermaster Knife at an "antique show/flea-market" The trouble is the guy I bought it from is not a knife collector, he is a guy with a SMART PHONE!!! He rubbed away some of the rust and put the name in the smart phone and POOF he thought he had scored big...(at the yard sale where he paid $3 for it, I am sure). Except that he wanted a near mint price, not a rusted out beat up price... thanks to the good old smart phone ::disgust:: ... Well I had to do some hard bargaining to get a better price, but I love these old 225Qs.
Attachments
DSCF9540.JPG
DSCF9541.JPG
DSCF9542.JPG
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

Papa Bones wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:17 am
Good looking pair WoodWalker. ::tu::
Thank you Papa Bones! Appreciate ya!! ::handshake:: :)
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:25 am I found a Cattaraugus 225Q Fixed Blade Quartermaster Knife at an "antique show/flea-market" The trouble is the guy I bought it from is not a knife collector, he is a guy with a SMART PHONE!!! He rubbed away some of the rust and put the name in the smart phone and POOF he thought he had scored big...(at the yard sale where he paid $3 for it, I am sure). Except that he wanted a near mint price, not a rusted out beat up price... thanks to the good old smart phone ::disgust:: ... Well I had to do some hard bargaining to get a better price, but I love these old 225Qs.
I'm sure there will be some great "after" pictures, GSPTOPDOG! I can't wait to see them! Love Cattaraugus knives.. ::tu::

BTW, are you Georgia State Patrol? If so, I'm in Ga. and appreciate what you do.

Thanks,

Kerry
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:25 am I found a Cattaraugus 225Q Fixed Blade Quartermaster Knife at an "antique show/flea-market" The trouble is the guy I bought it from is not a knife collector, he is a guy with a SMART PHONE!!! He rubbed away some of the rust and put the name in the smart phone and POOF he thought he had scored big...(at the yard sale where he paid $3 for it, I am sure). Except that he wanted a near mint price, not a rusted out beat up price... thanks to the good old smart phone ::disgust:: ... Well I had to do some hard bargaining to get a better price, but I love these old 225Qs.
Good find. I believe it should clean up real good. I can't tell if the handles have something on them or really dry, but you might try some Pecard Leather Lotion. I know a lot of people say use neatsfoot oil or mink oil, but sometimes on really dry leather they will really darken the leather and even fray the edges on really old dry leather. I have had good experience with Pecard's Lotion both on leatherstack knife handles, on old leather slings and it is easy to use. A lot of C&R rifle collectors use it to recondition the old leather slings. Saddle soap today has too much water/soap base for restoration for my likes. Just my .02 cents worth.

Smitty
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ridgegrass »

Found this MOOSE lodge, gent's knife today. Blade and body stamped MOOSE, reverse tang stamped ULSTER over USA.(1950's ?)
Small blade with cap-lifter and second blade is a nail file. Stainless body, 3". Don't think it's ever been used. Just a little stained. If anyone is a lodge member or Ulster collector or both, PM me. Maybe we could trade or something. J.O'.
Attachments
IMG_2615 (1).jpg
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

doglegg wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:28 am Well ww, you scored a double there. Two great knives and knice bone as well. I like the shield. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::handshake::
Thanks Floyd!!! ::handshake:: :) Just seen your comment. Appreciate ya!! :D
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

I ended up with an axe, a Moore Maker and Two Hibbard Spencer Bartlett & Co. knives, both of the Hibbard Spencer Bartlett & Co. are in not so of great shape but I never had any in my collection and now I have found Two in the same weekend and at different places ::paranoid:: what are the odds of that? ::hmm::
Attachments
DSCF9439.JPG
DSCF9440.JPG
DSCF9441.JPG
DSCF9442.JPG
DSCF9446.JPG

GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Papa Bones wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:06 pm
GSPTOPDOG wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:25 am I found a Cattaraugus 225Q Fixed Blade Quartermaster Knife at an "antique show/flea-market" The trouble is the guy I bought it from is not a knife

Good find. I believe it should clean up real good. I can't tell if the handles have something on them or really dry, but you might try some Pecard Leather
Thanks for the tip, I'll try the Pecard's Lotion. There is a coating on the handle that seems to be dried oil... ::paranoid:: maybe even motor oil? ::tear::
I have peeled off a little bit at a time trying not to damage the leather underneath. But it is a slow process ::suspense:: ... I am almost tempted to but it against the wire wheel on the grinder...almost, that is... ::skeptic::

Return to “General Knife Discussion”