KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

Post by glennbad »

Congrats Ann, glad you were able to find those scissors! ::tu::
Bhud

Post by Bhud »

Good morning all, find this at a garage sale. It is in great condition which makes me question it. Gave $5 for a box of stuff and this was wrapped in the bottom. Hopefully the pictures are good to see the color of the handles. Let me know what you think and if it's real.

Thanks,
Brandon
Attachments
20191015_090908.jpg
20191015_090827.jpg
20191015_090809.jpg
20191015_090752.jpg
20191015_090728.jpg
20191015_090643.jpg
Thanks and Blessings,
Brandon
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by stockman »

Knife is not Right.

Harold
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

I agree with you Harold, there is something that is just not correct. I just can't say with absolute certainty with what I'm thinking, maybe some of the Case experts here will tell us all.
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Not an expert responding as y'all know. Are we assuming this is supposed to be a Case Copperhead? The knife caught my eye this morning, there is something about the front bolster that seems a little bit too pronounced, that is the raised portion that keeps the blade from snagging your britches, too pointy maybe? The number on the clip blade should be 6249 not 5213. The blades in the book and the one Case Copperhead I have, have a more slender clip blade. The handles are a bit too fat for this to be a proper Case. Another thing I just noticed, it appears when the blade is opened 90 degrees, the back spring should not be proud as the Copperheads have 1/2 stops and the spring is at rest in that position.
There ya' go, my unprofessional opinion. :)
Treefarmer
edit: The location of the center pin is in the wrong place if this is was supposed to be a 6249, but maybe I'm the only one who thinks it looks similar to a Copperhead. ::shrug::
There is a 6213 according to the book, a medium coke shape that's worth big bucks, this ain't it.

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Looks like someone in the past used a Case blade from another knife to repair this knife - looks like Case parts - but parts not intended to go together. Probably took two broken knives and made a functional one. OH
Ps The jigging and the thickness of the bone handles doesn't look like Case style.
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

That is one mysterious clip blade in that knife. Definitely not a stag handled knife. Hard to even find a picture of a -13 pattern (pictures from Price & Zalesky's 15th and Sargent's 2nd), I don't think it's a Case blade. Plus the Pen blade would have the pattern number on it. ::shrug::

Definitely not a Case Copperhead . . .
Attachments
1571190930099376353760366291699.jpg
15711909754857260235314162906696.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Had one of those good knife days yesterday, had 30 spare minutes, walked into a collectibles place I had never seen before, and found lots of knives for sale! Bought two, but will go back when I accumulate a little more knife money. Found an old Kabar sheath knife and a mint Queen pen knife that I bought. Love it when I stumble into a nice find. Worked on the Kabar’s edge on my old Washita stone yesterday, will work on it a little more today - it’s coming along. OH
Attachments
A863089D-01F7-4DEB-9B81-48BAC1239F80.jpeg
06CFC22F-BCD3-4DE5-A190-D0DDD724235A.jpeg
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Couple of nice ones Colonel.
The lil' Queen is a dandy !
::tu::
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

OH, great finds and photo's as well. ::tu:: ::tu::
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Thanks gents, can't wait to get back by there. OH
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Ok, I know that this doesn't qualify as a "KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY" item. It does however, qualify as a "KNIFE" find of the day item. I was in my garage looking for something and I accidentally found this book. A MINT CONDITION, 12th edition, "Official Price Guide To Collector Knives" by C. Houston Price. From 1998, it has 572 pages of knife information of every kind. I don't even remember buying this book, but obviously I did. I can't wait to start reading this. :D
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Hey! I have the Robin Hood knife, still in the card, and it’s a Richards!
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

NOS from 2011.
Attachments
20191017_155320.jpg
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

David, those JPK's are hot stuff. ::tu::
Where in the heck did you find them in their original bubble pack?
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

I just bought this in a consignment store a few minutes ago. Sorry for the poor pictures, but I snapped a few photos of this knife laying on my leg, while I sit in the car waiting on my wife who is still shopping.
It is not an impressive knife, but it is pretty fun. I think that I will clean it up a little, show it off for a while, then maybe sell or trade it.
Attachments
3BCD92A7-EC8F-4E90-9AFA-A80E79697FBC.jpeg
A37D4A63-F813-4889-92F7-FA72972140C0.jpeg
75AD52C6-C668-41BD-A914-A4BF0A8BC366.jpeg
C42C0260-C4ED-4470-A473-BB16105E95AC.jpeg
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

jerryd6818 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:29 pm David, those JPK's are hot stuff. ::tu::
Jerry, a buddy of mine bought out the inventory of a gun shop. I got 4 of these off of him.
I love this knives.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

edge213 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:44 am
jerryd6818 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:29 pm David, those JPK's are hot stuff. ::tu::
Jerry, a buddy of mine bought out the inventory of a gun shop. I got 4 of these off of him.
I love this knives.
Wow! You're a lucky duck.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Knife finds from NSBC meeting. Yeah, I overspent. I couldn't put any of these down once I picked them up. I'll get it together tomorrow. I'm having too much fun today. New in the box old stock Queen (S&M) cotton sampler, a really sweet Case tester pearl split back whittler, a Simmons ebony EZ open jack, a Catt. harness jack, a slot knife with a marking I haven't identified yet (looks like a M with a large C over it and a small C inside that, and a small o inside that. and a Pat. date Nov.5 190 something. I'm guessing Magnetic made by Union Cut. Co. I bought 6 sheaths for $20 that I'm pretty sure I have knives for. I'll have to put the Case in the thread for Case knives and maybe the Catt. in the barehead jack thread.____Dave
Attachments
NSBC Oct. 2019 003.JPG
NSBC Oct. 2019 002.JPG
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

djknife13 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:21 pm Knife finds from NSBC meeting. Yeah, I overspent. I couldn't put any of these down once I picked them up. I'll get it together tomorrow. I'm having too much fun today. New in the box old stock Queen (S&M) cotton sampler, a really sweet Case tester pearl split back whittler, a Simmons ebony EZ open jack, a Catt. harness jack, a slot knife with a marking I haven't identified yet (looks like a M with a large C over it and a small C inside that, and a small o inside that. and a Pat. date Nov.5 190 something. I'm guessing Magnetic made by Union Cut. Co. I bought 6 sheaths for $20 that I'm pretty sure I have knives for. I'll have to put the Case in the thread for Case knives and maybe the Catt. in the barehead jack thread.____Dave
Holy Schmoly dude!!! :shock: :shock:
Love that EO! Well, and the rest too, but that rascal is MAC!!! ::tu:: ::tu::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

zoogirl wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:23 pm Hey! I have the Robin Hood knife, still in the card, and it’s a Richards!
Hey Ann;
I received an email a couple days ago from "Ampex Investment" advising me of the new "Robin Hood" coins to be released.
I know you collect Robin Hood knives and "Robin Hood Stuff". It is seldom that I view old Robin Hood knives, and more seldom that I view recent Robin Hood items.
Three separate coins are being produced celebrating the 825th anniversary of the foundation of the Austrian Mint. The 1 oz fine Silver coin’s reverse features the King of Thieves, while the obverse, which is common among all three coins in the 825th Anniversary of the Vienna Mint series, features Leopold V’s equestrian seal.

You can view the coins on the below website.
https://www.apmex.com/2019-austrian-min ... mePageHero
thumbnail.jpg
thumbnail (1).jpg
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Old Folder wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:32 am
zoogirl wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:23 pm Hey! I have the Robin Hood knife, still in the card, and it’s a Richards!
Hey Ann;
I received an email a couple days ago from "Ampex Investment" advising me of the new "Robin Hood" coins to be released.
I know you collect Robin Hood knives and "Robin Hood Stuff". It is seldom that I view old Robin Hood knives, and more seldom that I view recent Robin Hood items.
Three separate coins are being produced celebrating the 825th anniversary of the foundation of the Austrian Mint. The 1 oz fine Silver coin’s reverse features the King of Thieves, while the obverse, which is common among all three coins in the 825th Anniversary of the Vienna Mint series, features Leopold V’s equestrian seal.

You can view the coins on the below website.
https://www.apmex.com/2019-austrian-min ... mePageHero

thumbnail.jpgthumbnail (1).jpg
Thank you! I will check those out. I’ve been interested in the whole Robin Hood legend since I can remember. As a matter of fact, my mom and grandmother read to me every night and I heard the McSpadden version well before I could read.
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

I got a chance to go to a local gun show and I found a couple of knives I couldn't leave on the table.

Ulster...
IMG_5391.JPG
And a good ole #72 Camillus....
IMG_5395.JPG
Mike
::tu::
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Wow Mike, a first generation Camillus 72!!! And in great condition. Winner, winner chicken dinner!!! ::groove:: ::groove:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::handshake:: ::tu::
And the rooster nutter is a fun knife as well.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

djknife13 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:21 pm Knife finds from NSBC meeting. Yeah, I overspent. I couldn't put any of these down once I picked them up. I'll get it together tomorrow. I'm having too much fun today. New in the box old stock Queen (S&M) cotton sampler, a really sweet Case tester pearl split back whittler, a Simmons ebony EZ open jack, a Catt. harness jack, a slot knife with a marking I haven't identified yet (looks like a M with a large C over it and a small C inside that, and a small o inside that. and a Pat. date Nov.5 190 something. I'm guessing Magnetic made by Union Cut. Co. I bought 6 sheaths for $20 that I'm pretty sure I have knives for. I'll have to put the Case in the thread for Case knives and maybe the Catt. in the barehead jack thread.____Dave
DJK, that would be knife finds for the decade for me. What a great group of knives. That Cotton sampler rocks!!! ::nod:: ::nod:: ::tu:: ::tu::

Return to “General Knife Discussion”