KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

Post by Papa Bones »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:14 pm
Wow! Nice load you picked up there! ::handshake:: I am lucky to find 1-3 non-Chi-Com pocket knives at the flea market, sometimes nothing :x ... ... I did find a sword this weekend, I guess that makes up for it.... ::smirk::
Is that a DE Imperial knife? Wow, With the hand sickle and Sword you look like your ready for the Zombie Apocalypse. ::tu::
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Yes Sir, P.B. it is a DE Imperial knife, great for small choirs and the big tasks I'll leave to the sword and sickle... like killing hoards of the undead walking the Earth after the coming Zombie Apocalypse ::skeptic::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:14 pm I did find a sword this weekend.
Awesome! Yet another thing I have absolutely no practical use for, but want nevertheless.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

A must have when I saw it. Made in Italy with D2 steel blade and paper Micarta scales. Lately I’ve been acquiring Italian knives such as this Maserin.
Attachments
8D4324D9-CFB0-4C24-B891-1ACFD0C61BA4.jpeg
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

OSCAR wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:39 am A must have when I saw it. Made in Italy with D2 steel blade and paper Micarta scales. Lately I’ve been acquiring Italian knives such as this Maserin.
Good looker. ::nod::
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Oscar, that is a very slick looking piece. ::tu::
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Quick Steel wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:27 pm Oscar, that is a very slick looking piece. ::tu::
Thanks Quick Steele. And only about $50.
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

doglegg wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:55 pm
OSCAR wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:39 am A must have when I saw it. Made in Italy with D2 steel blade and paper Micarta scales. Lately I’ve been acquiring Italian knives such as this Maserin.
Good looker. ::nod::
Thanks Doglegg. And only $50
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

I have a few Maserins and I think they are a great value, yours is a very good looking knife!
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:18 pm
I have a few Maserins and I think they are a great value, yours is a very good looking knife!
Thanks GSPTOPDOG. I got it from AG Russell. Another great Italian knife is Lionsteel. They run a bit higher in price but the quality is super.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Found these today at a flea market...
BTW, the BUCK Is a 42821
Attachments
IMG_0741.JPG
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

That's a pretty big knife
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

TripleF wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:20 pm Found these today at a flea market...
BTW, the BUCK Is a 42821
Nice find Scott. I’ve never had any luck at flea markets.
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

BTW, the BUCK Is a 42821
::tu:: ::tu:: ::nod:: You on a roll this week. Nice haul!!
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Nice pick-ups! When I enlarged the photo, I noticed the Buck has "Selector" molded into the handle...is it one that has interchangeable blades?
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

OSCAR wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:57 pm
BTW, the BUCK Is a 42821
Nice find Scott. I’ve never had any luck at flea markets.
Papa Bones wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:30 pm
BTW, the BUCK Is a 42821
::tu:: ::tu:: ::nod:: You on a roll this week. Nice haul!!
Dan In MI wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:32 pm
Nice pick-ups! When I enlarged the photo, I noticed the Buck has "Selector" molded into the handle...is it one that has interchangeable blades?
Absolutely no clue.....
SCOTT

Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

TripleF wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:51 pm Absolutely no clue.....
A quick search confirmed my thoughts. The Buck Selector is indeed one with interchangeable blades. According to my search results, "42821" is the model number solely for the serrated drop-point blade, while the knife itself is a Buck model 428. Great score!
USN 2000-2006
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Dan In MI wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:18 pm
TripleF wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:51 pm Absolutely no clue.....
A quick search confirmed my thoughts. The Buck Selector is indeed one with interchangeable blades. According to my search results, "42821" is the model number solely for the serrated drop-point blade, while the knife itself is a Buck model 428. Great score!
Thank you for the info!! ::tu::
SCOTT

GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

OSCAR wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:09 am
Thanks GSPTOPDOG. I got it from AG Russell. Another great Italian knife is Lionsteel. They run a bit higher in price but the quality is super.
You have great taste! ::handshake:: Here is EDC my Lionsteel. It has a great feel to it. I love this knife ::groove::
Attachments
DSCF9915.JPG
DSCF9918.JPG
DSCF9919.JPG

OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:14 pm

You have great taste! ::handshake:: Here is EDC my Lionsteel. It has a great feel to it. I love this knife ::groove::
GSPTOPDOG: You have great taste also. I can see why you love that Lionsteel. The EDC I use the most is a Maserin Plow. It’s a SFO so they were made in limited numbers. It’s a sodbuster type pattern which fits my hand perfectly. D2 steel and steel liners with canvas micarta handles. Only made for https://www.collectorknives.net/shop/
Nicest thing is the low price. I won’t use my GEC or other high priced knives for EDC.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

TOPDOG, It is easy to see why you love that knife. It is indeed loveable. A wonderful looking knife and I have no doubt a superb performer. Congratulations! ::tu::
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Found these 2 at a pawn shop yesterday....

I love the Frost orange bone trapper.....hard to believe it's made in Pakistan. Guess I'm gonna have to try it out...
Attachments
IMG_0769.JPG
IMG_0764.JPG
SCOTT

GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

OSCAR wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:39 pm
GSPTOPDOG: You have great taste also. I can see why you love that Lionsteel. The EDC I use the most is a Maserin Plow. It’s a SFO so they were made in limited numbers. It’s a sodbuster type pattern which fits my hand perfectly. D2 steel and steel liners with canvas micarta handles. Only made for https://www.collectorknives.net/shop/
Nicest thing is the low price. I won’t use my GEC or other high priced knives for EDC.
I have one main GEC I used for EDC and that one is my go to for carrying a GEC and cutting up boxes, rope, wire ::facepalm:: ...etc. My other GEC, are all NIB... and they are so beautiful I hate to "bust 'em up" they way I do my other knives...

OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:45 pm
OSCAR wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:39 pm

I have one main GEC I used for EDC and that one is my go to for carrying a GEC and cutting up boxes, rope, wire ::facepalm:: ...etc. My other GEC, are all NIB... and they are so beautiful I hate to "bust 'em up" they way I do my other knives...
I have a few GEC but I tend to lose knives. I can’t bring myself to carry them.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Quick Steel wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:29 am TOPDOG, It is easy to see why you love that knife. It is indeed loveable. A wonderful looking knife and I have no doubt a superb performer. Congratulations! ::tu::
Thanks! ::handshake::

Return to “General Knife Discussion”