KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

Post by toomanyknives »

Papa Bones wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:00 am I picked these two up the other day. The Frontier, just because and the Barlow because of all the memories that goes with Barlows and Childhood. They both needed some cleaning, but both turned out nicely.

The Frontier, an Imperial Frontier 41P4 3-1/4 in pen knife with a Clip master blade and pen secondary. It has great snap but I still need to clean up the edge of the Clip blade. I have a white handle one so I figured I would add a black handle one. Plus, these were only produced from 1976 to 1983.
Frontier blk 41P4 2 blade_b.png
Frontier blk 41P4 2 blade_c.png
Frontier blk 41P4 blk 2 blade_d.png

This is the Providence Cutlery Co. Barlow. It had some rust on the blades and both blades were stiff. But the usual cleaning regiment, and tuffglide on the joints and both blades have good snap now. Polished the blades and bolsters and she looks good. I don't believe this knife was used much. The blade edge doesn't look like it has been on a stone. Another to add to my Barlow Box and EDC Family.
Prov Cut Co Barlow_a.png
Prov Cut Co Barlow_b.png
Prov Cut Co Barlow_c.png
I have a Prov. Cut Co. Barlow just like that Smitty. It's actually a pretty good little knife, that sees a lot of pocket time.. ::tu::
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

garddogg56 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:43 pm DJ nice haul ::groove:: I did sum flea’s today gut me my first Queen 9140 gunstock 83 and a Paul’s Bros Cutlery looks German pearl with SS blades
I concur; A Nice Queen. ::ds:: I love the Queen 9140 gunstock!
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

This little Italian-made hawkbill had thought to have been lost for good in the field three years ago, but I just now found it stuck under the armrest in the car while trying to fix the loose back seat cupholder/armrest while waiting for my folks at a doctors appointment.

KIMG3894.JPG

It may be carbon steel with iron liners and pins, but there's just a few spots of rust that should clear off without leaving pitting.
KIMG3895.JPG
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Hey Cody, Glad you came across your long lost Hawkbill. Amazing how we think we've lost something, and years later, "Well, I'll be darned, there it is". ::tu:: You're post reminded me of a poem I wrote, on behalf of Colonel26 last March about a knife he thought he had lost. It's titled "Where did I go". If interested, you can read it here if you haven't already. Not trying to promote myself...just reminded me of your find.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=63976&start=105
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

cody6268 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:33 pm This little Italian-made hawkbill had thought to have been lost for good in the field three years ago, but I just now found it stuck under the armrest in the car while trying to fix the loose back seat cupholder/armrest while waiting for my folks at a doctors appointment.

KIMG3894.JPG

It may be carbon steel with iron liners and pins, but there's just a few spots of rust that should clear off without leaving pitting.

KIMG3895.JPG
Cool looking hawkbill. Glad you found it. Always a good feeling when you find something you thought was gone. ::tu::
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

I’m a sucker for Camillus 89 pattern stockman knives. So when I was offered this one for $25 I jumped. It’s a pre 1976 best I can tell. The blades are full with no sign of sharpening, the etch is faint but there and those are spots on the blades but no pits thankfully.
7A61C6ED-F4F4-44D6-A49A-392204E44FEE.jpeg
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
TPK

Post by TPK »

Colonel26 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:08 pm I’m a sucker for Camillus 89 pattern stockman knives. So when I was offered this one for $25 I jumped. It’s a pre 1976 best I can tell. The blades are full with no sign of sharpening, the etch is faint but there and those are spots on the blades but no pits thankfully.
Nice looking Camillus Wade! ::tu:: ::nod:: :D
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Colonel26 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:08 pm I’m a sucker for Camillus 89 pattern stockman knives. So when I was offered this one for $25 I jumped. It’s a pre 1976 best I can tell. The blades are full with no sign of sharpening, the etch is faint but there and those are spots on the blades but no pits thankfully.

Well it has pinned Indian Stag handles so you're probably right. Good catch Cuz.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

jerryd6818 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:21 pm

Well it has pinned Indian Stag handles so you're probably right. Good catch Cuz.
That’s what I was going off if, the pins. I was hoping I got that one right.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

I picked these up today at a local antique shop.. All Beaver Falls Cutlery Co... Bone handles... I like em'😁
Attachments
Screenshot_20210317-152318.png
Screenshot_20210317-152311.png
Ryan

“That’ll be the day”—-John Wayne
Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

Papa Bones wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:00 am I picked these two up the other day. The Frontier, just because and the Barlow because of all the memories that goes with Barlows and Childhood. They both needed some cleaning, but both turned out nicely.

The Frontier, an Imperial Frontier 41P4 3-1/4 in pen knife with a Clip master blade and pen secondary. It has great snap but I still need to clean up the edge of the Clip blade. I have a white handle one so I figured I would add a black handle one. Plus, these were only produced from 1976 to 1983.
Frontier blk 41P4 2 blade_b.png
Frontier blk 41P4 2 blade_c.png
Frontier blk 41P4 blk 2 blade_d.png

This is the Providence Cutlery Co. Barlow. It had some rust on the blades and both blades were stiff. But the usual cleaning regiment, and tuffglide on the joints and both blades have good snap now. Polished the blades and bolsters and she looks good. I don't believe this knife was used much. The blade edge doesn't look like it has been on a stone. Another to add to my Barlow Box and EDC Family.
Prov Cut Co Barlow_a.png
Prov Cut Co Barlow_b.png
Prov Cut Co Barlow_c.png

I love em' , Smitty 😁
Ryan

Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

Gorgeous knife, Colonel 😁👍
Ryan

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Stanwade wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:26 pm I picked these up today at a local antique shop.. All Beaver Falls Cutlery Co... Bone handles... I like em'😁
cool ::nod:: ::nod::
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Stanwade wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:26 pm I picked these up today at a local antique shop.. All Beaver Falls Cutlery Co... Bone handles... I like em'😁
Ryan, those are cool ads all get out! Wow!
Robert E. Lee
Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

Thanks guys!👍👍😁 I live 20 minutes from Beaver Falls..I'd really like to have a Beaver Falls Cutlery Co. pocket knife 😁
Ryan

djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

I checked the Antique Shop to see if I had missed a few last month, and sure enough, a few more followed me home. The owner knocked 20% off again and threw in the Knife Pac for free. Starting clockwise at top right , KA-BAR stag jack, Winchester, Rem., Buck Creek, Queen and Wallkill River ebony jack in the center.____Dave
Attachments
DSC01194.JPG
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

djknife13 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:38 pm I checked the Antique Shop to see if I had missed a few last month, and sure enough, a few more followed me home. The owner knocked 20% off again and threw in the Knife Pac for free. Starting clockwise at top right , KA-BAR stag jack, Winchester, Rem., Buck Creek, Queen and Wallkill River ebony jack in the center.____Dave
Nice haul there Dave. Very nice when they work with a guy a bit. That Walkill River Jack is a dandy ::tu:: ::tu::
JP
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

What a great batch of knives, Dave! That Ka-Bar is a beast!
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Good stuff there, Dave. 8) ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Stanwade wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:15 pm
I love em' , Smitty 😁
Appreciate it Ryan.

Smitty
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

djknife13 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:38 pm I checked the Antique Shop to see if I had missed a few last month, and sure enough, a few more followed me home. The owner knocked 20% off again and threw in the Knife Pac for free. Starting clockwise at top right , KA-BAR stag jack, Winchester, Rem., Buck Creek, Queen and Wallkill River ebony jack in the center.____Dave
Beautiful lot there Dave. ::tu:: ::tu::

Smitty
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Another bonanza Dave. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::tu:: ::tu::
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Thanks guys. I'm very pleased with my finds. Big gun show this weekend so I'm making good use of the stimulus money.____Dave
Louisville.Boy1947

Post by Louisville.Boy1947 »

Great finds, especially the Ka-Bar. ::ds::
Tony_Wood

Post by Tony_Wood »

Great haul! Love the stag KB
https://m.facebook.com/sheepsfootknives/?ref=bookmarks

Instagram: #sheepsfootknivesbytwood

Return to “General Knife Discussion”