KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

Post by jerryd6818 »

ken98k wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:37 am
TPK wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:28 pm
ken98k wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:20 pm Just ordered this Case Crimson Peach Seed Jigged Bone Trapper from SMKW, only $38 :D
Wow great price & a real beauty! ::tu:: :D
Ya, I'm kind of excited about it. :D
Mine is out for delivery. ::ds::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Found these in my mailbox today....
Attachments
IMG_5516.JPG
IMG_5519.JPG
IMG_5518.JPG
IMG_5517.JPG
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Nice haul, Scott. ::tu::
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
bladecollectorr

Post by bladecollectorr »

TripleF wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:44 pm Found these in my mailbox today....
Impressive pile!

Today I landed another hard-to-find Schrade. The 1984 "National Sales Meeting" SC507 in its fancy beaded USA sheath. Even these sheaths are fairly uncommon and since I don't already have one in my collection I'm stoked to get both items.

I already have the 1983 National Sales Meeting LB5 commemorative knife. Together, they will make a fine pair. Note that the company name-change is reflected. "Imperial Knife Assoc. Cos." in 1983 to "Imperial Schrade Corp." in 1984.

I think these are the only two years that Schrade produced "National Sales Meeting" knives. Please let me know if you can think of another I should watch out for.

1984:
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
06.jpg
05.jpg
1983:
as found 01 x2500w.jpg
as found 02 x2500w.jpg
as found 03.jpg
I don't always respond to great posts but I always appreciate seeing them. Thanks for posting! ::tu::
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Pawn shop scores....
Attachments
IMG_5616.JPG
SCOTT

carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

...scott, you must have a houseful of knives!!!!............... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ......................
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

Here is a cool new find, Craftsman #95068 small Stockman, (3.5" closed). These Craftsman are often overlooked by collectors, but I like them because they were made by either Schrade or Camillus, and are clones of various famous manufacturer's knives. I believe this one was made by Schrade because of it's general serpentine shape, (a Schrade trait), the angle of the closed sheepsfoot blade, and its general look indicate Schrade to me; I consider it a clone of the Buck #303 Cadet, (the early versions were made by Schrade). The identical jigging grooves on the handles, and the identical hafting of the scales like the Cadet are good give aways too as to who made this. Personally what attracted me were the brass bolsters, liners & shield, it makes this knife pop visually, (IMHO). I'm guessing late 60's early 70's for this one. Still sharp, tight & snappy, this one will be an EDC for me I think.

This proves that a global pandemic can't keep a knife collector down!
Attachments
10.jpg
9.jpg
7.jpg
BCCI Member #2863
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

PM sent
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
bladecollectorr

Post by bladecollectorr »

Baykeeper wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:23 pm Here is a cool new find, Craftsman #95068 small Stockman, (3.5" closed). These Craftsman are often overlooked by collectors, but I like them because they were made by either Schrade or Camillus, and are clones of various famous manufacturer's knives. I believe this one was made by Schrade because of it's general serpentine shape, (a Schrade trait), the angle of the closed sheepsfoot blade, and its general look indicate Schrade to me; I consider it a clone of the Buck #303 Cadet, (the early versions were made by Schrade). The identical jigging grooves on the handles, and the identical hafting of the scales like the Cadet are good give aways too as to who made this. Personally what attracted me were the brass bolsters, liners & shield, it makes this knife pop visually, (IMHO). I'm guessing late 60's early 70's for this one. Still sharp, tight & snappy, this one will be an EDC for me I think.

Nice knife! I think your guess at the age is dead-on. That shield is indicative of the Craftsman "American Eagle" line of knives. The general pattern looks to be what's nicknamed the "Slenderino". Sheepfoot, spey and "Turkish Clip" blades. A common Schrade model @ 3-9/16" being the 897UH "Signature Premium Stock". Here's a big thread on slenderinos: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=54798&start=15

Here's a thread about the "American Eagle" knives: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/cra ... d.1716546/

Schrade generally used the "swindon-key" construction so if you can see the pivot-pins going straight-through the bolsters it's more likely a Camillus-made knife. That would be my best-guess anyway.
I don't always respond to great posts but I always appreciate seeing them. Thanks for posting! ::tu::
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

bladecollectorr wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:48 pm
Baykeeper wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:23 pm Here is a cool new find, Craftsman #95068 small Stockman, (3.5" closed). These Craftsman are often overlooked by collectors, but I like them because they were made by either Schrade or Camillus, and are clones of various famous manufacturer's knives. I believe this one was made by Schrade because of it's general serpentine shape, (a Schrade trait), the angle of the closed sheepsfoot blade, and its general look indicate Schrade to me; I consider it a clone of the Buck #303 Cadet, (the early versions were made by Schrade). The identical jigging grooves on the handles, and the identical hafting of the scales like the Cadet are good give aways too as to who made this. Personally what attracted me were the brass bolsters, liners & shield, it makes this knife pop visually, (IMHO). I'm guessing late 60's early 70's for this one. Still sharp, tight & snappy, this one will be an EDC for me I think.

Nice knife! I think your guess at the age is dead-on. That shield is indicative of the Craftsman "American Eagle" line of knives. The general pattern looks to be what's nicknamed the "Slenderino". Sheepfoot, spey and "Turkish Clip" blades. A common Schrade model @ 3-9/16" being the 897UH "Signature Premium Stock". Here's a big thread on slenderinos: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=54798&start=15

Here's a thread about the "American Eagle" knives: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/cra ... d.1716546/

Schrade generally used the "swindon-key" construction so if you can see the pivot-pins going straight-through the bolsters it's more likely a Camillus-made knife. That would be my best-guess anyway.
The lack of a pivot pin is one of the things that suggested Schrade to me, I knew that early Buck 300's used that system. The Swindon key system was the main reason that Buck moved 300 Series production to Camillus in 1972. Due to their "forever" warranty they were replacing way too many knives due to blade wiggle, (this knife has a bit of wiggle to it), so they went with pivot pins after that. Thanks for the links to those other threads, I'll check them out.
BCCI Member #2863
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

carrmillus wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:57 pm
...scott, you must have a houseful of knives!!!!............... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ......................
It's funny you say that.....I just looked at the bin and said, WOW bro you gotta buncha knives :shock:
SCOTT

glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

I wouldn't necessarily call this a "find". However, I did find it in my pile of knives. I was consolidating a bunch of junk knives for trash or parts, and came upon this one. It's all "there", not sure why I had it in the discard pile. Steel bolsters and liners, cell covers. PAL Blade, nice old little knife. Took an amazing edge.
PAL gent.jpg
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Pawn shop procurements....
Attachments
IMG_5644.JPG
SCOTT

djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

These two came in the mail yesterday. You might recognize them from earlier pictures from Scott. ____Dave
Attachments
DSC00950.JPG
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

A pair of nice looking knives. ::tu::
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Gone2Three »

djknife13 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:08 pm These two came in the mail yesterday. You might recognize them from earlier pictures from Scott. ____Dave
Very nice Dave! That Gerber...what year is that? I've got one similar that's got engraving on the bolsters... was curious as to the difference in models.
Attachments
20200222_162547.jpg
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

TripleF wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:14 am
carrmillus wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:57 pm
It's funny you say that.....I just looked at the bin and said, WOW bro you gotta buncha knives :shock:
....I think it's been over a year since I bought a knife!!.................. ::facepalm:: .......................
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Today's knives....
Attachments
IMG_5701.JPG
SCOTT

djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Gone2Three wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:37 pm
djknife13 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:08 pm These two came in the mail yesterday. You might recognize them from earlier pictures from Scott. ____Dave
Very nice Dave! That Gerber...what year is that? I've got one similar that's got engraving on the bolsters... was curious as to the difference in models.
I've got the engraved one also (see Matching Pairs thread) but I bought them both from second parties and have no idea when either were made. They sure are pretty. ____Dave
Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

Stanwade wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:32 pm

Awesome finds everyone!!..Does it count when you find something in your clunkers you missed somehow?… I found this Keen Kutter the other day that I posted on another thread but I figured I post it here also… I still have to clean it up… I also found a nice Camillus last night I didn’t know I had in my clunkers that just needs cleaned and it will be a beautiful knife.. I’ll post it later..I might start another thread for such knives maybe called “diamonds in the rough” or something like that? .I’m fairly new to this website and it got me looking at some of my collectibles I haven’t looked at for a while and found two knives so far I didn’t know I had…
Here’s the Camillus I mentioned in an earlier post, nothing special but still a good EDC I didn’t know I had! Tight and snappy..
Attachments
78329194-311E-4955-96B6-6AD939CCE8C3.jpeg
EE438CF1-8334-48B6-BE08-982A6B405A10.jpeg
FDE18A22-3377-4492-9348-DF4F13748F78.jpeg
1CB00461-108E-486B-8A86-527521465EFF.png
DB439FCF-1C0A-4A22-BEAF-52BF0783DFBF.png
Ryan

“That’ll be the day”—-John Wayne
unclepaulie

Post by unclepaulie »

Found this cool French Begon knife with what look like horn scales. I just love things like this...
Attachments
1FBD36E0-0FF7-4188-A1BD-1F56D8361DDD.jpeg
98CF9116-D6DE-42D5-9FDB-809FD5661C29.jpeg
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

From today's efforts....
Attachments
IMG_5818.JPG
IMG_5819.JPG
SCOTT

richard

Post by richard »

found this today when sorting out my old knife draw.
has a picture of a ship one side. and the words NORMANDIE the other.
a old ocean liner giveaway knife?
Attachments
002.JPG
001.JPG
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

TripleF wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:11 am From today's efforts....
Scott, that Buck marlin spike ought to be a good one for your "troopers" if they are untying knots on the shelter ropes and such. ::tu::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

treefarmer wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:43 am
TripleF wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:11 am From today's efforts....
Scott, that Buck marlin spike ought to be a good one for your "troopers" if they are untying knots on the shelter ropes and such. ::tu::
Treefarmer

We use a knife to untie or knots.....LOL.
SCOTT

Return to “General Knife Discussion”