She bit me! ~ share your little 'mishaps' ...

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
knife7knut

Re: She bit me! ~ share your little 'mishaps' ...

Post by knife7knut »

This happened to my son awhile back.He had a cheap Pacific Rim folder that was clipped to his pants pocket that had a bad habit of sitting slightly open due to poor workmanship. He was pulling up his pants(with the knife hooked on the edge of the pocket and inside the pocket)and this is what happened. A bit disconcerting since he is on blood thinners to combat blood clots in his lungs.
Attachments
JohnsLeg2-3-2017.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
robbobus
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by robbobus »

Screenshot_20190408-212712.png
I did this a couple years back. Was wiping down the blade of a BM Rift I had sold. Like a fool, I flipped it over, cut right through the cloth and off to emerge. Good lesson not to clean knives at 2 a.m. after a 12 hour shift.
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

B21ADF12-596F-4F0D-B90C-D78F6EC7F49E.jpeg
I’m not sure this really fits but here’s mine.
We have an old tape gun at work that has lost its serrated cutting edge. A few years ago I replaced it with one of those triangular blades from a Stanley knife. Now it has a really bad attitude. As a matter of fact, on the side is written
“Biter”
Caution Blade Is Sharp!

Ol’ Biter has nailed me a few times over the years. Quite treacherous, considering that I rescued it from the garbage and gave it a second chance! ::shrug:: ::uc::

Anyway, about a week ago, Biter bit! Bandaids ensued and I’m almost healed and slightly wiser.

I just know the darn thing’s gonna get me again! ::teary_eyes::
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

robbobus wrote:Screenshot_20190408-212712.png

I did this a couple years back. Was wiping down the blade of a BM Rift I had sold. Like a fool, I flipped it over, cut right through the cloth and off to emerge. Good lesson not to clean knives at 2 a.m. after a 12 hour shift.
That hurts to look at.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
Robo

Post by Robo »

Breaking down a Case Fishing knife to rebuild as a one blade tickler. Lesson learned: you wanna dull up the blade first. I bravely captured the aftermath...after I came out of my swoon...results were worth it tho...kinda.

Warning: don't look below if blood bothers you!
Attachments
IMG_7037.JPG
IMG_7038.jpg
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Robo wrote:Breaking down a Case Fishing knife to rebuild as a one blade tickler. Lesson learned: you wanna dull up the blade first. I bravely captured the aftermath...after I came out of my swoon...results were worth it tho...kinda.

Warning: don't look below if blood bothers you!

Ouch! Just use painters tape on the blade before you start working on it. It may not stop an accident, but it does help.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Pretty little knife. Pretty mean. Bit me twice, pretty much in the same place, the first two weeks I had it. (This was back in January of 2017) Small knives are nasty little critters.
Attachments
1223172148-1.jpg
1-28-18.jpg
1223172144-1.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

I always thought cutting yourself was how you checked the edge. Guess I'm not to smart.
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

I don't know if this counts as a "she bit me," but here it is. I was doing some woodwork about 20 years ago. The knife slipped and I cut into two fingers on my left hand. I cut very, very deep, but I didn't cut them off. I was rushed to the hospital emergency room where the surgeon tried like heck to save the fingers, but he couldn't. There was massive tissue and nerve damage. He had to amputate them. I asked if I could have the fingers as a reminder of my accident. He said I couldn't because it violated some hospital rule or state law, I forget which. But as it always does, money talks. I made him a substantial offer, which he nervously accepted. He put the fingers in a jar of formaldehyde and I've had them ever since. I'm glad I'm right handed and the accident never was reported to my job, nor did it affect my job performance. I wear a prosthetic on my left hand and most people can't tell the difference. Anyway, here are some pictures. Oh, by the way, I'M ONLY KIDDING!! The fingers are Halloween props.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

They look real!
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

samb1955 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:47 pm They look real!
:D
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

New_Windsor_NY wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:37 pm I don't know if this counts as a "she bit me," but here it is. I was doing some woodwork about 20 years ago. The knife slipped and I cut into two fingers on my left hand. I cut very, very deep, but I didn't cut them off. I was rushed to the hospital emergency room where the surgeon tried like heck to save the fingers, but he couldn't. There was massive tissue and nerve damage. He had to amputate them. I asked if I could have the fingers as a reminder of my accident. He said I couldn't because it violated some hospital rule or state law, I forget which. But as it always does, money talks. I made him a substantial offer, which he nervously accepted. He put the fingers in a jar of formaldehyde and I've had them ever since. I'm glad I'm right handed and the accident never was reported to my job, nor did it affect my job performance. I wear a prosthetic on my left hand and most people can't tell the difference. Anyway, here are some pictures. Oh, by the way, I'M ONLY KIDDING!! The fingers are Halloween props.
You're weird dude :D
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

About a week or ten days ago, electrician screwdriver blade got me,was pulling some staples and it slipped. Ow!
Attachments
20191212_155318.jpg
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

These Opinels don't mess around. Got bit opening the blade to check if it needed the stone and swab a little mineral oil on the blade. It didn't need the stone, cuz it was barely a touch... ::facepalm::
Attachments
2020-01-14_01-11-29.jpg
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Tsar Bomba wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:29 pm These Opinels don't mess around. Got bit opening the blade to check if it needed the stone and swab a little mineral oil on the blade. It didn't need the stone, cuz it was barely a touch... ::facepalm::
Reminds me of the time a Buck 110 (which I'd just bought the day before--it was a brand spankin' new knife) tore my hand open when it cut through a paper towel when I wiped pizza off the blade.

Opinels hold and easily strop back to one heck of an edge. It's why I like them so much. I recently was talking to someone, and was closing my Opinel's blade at the same time--I closed it on my finger. Man, what an idiot I was! I managed to close a FRICTION FOLDER on my finger. It was a pretty deep cut. Those things don't snap at all, so there's no spring tension involved.
thankgod4rkids

Post by thankgod4rkids »

She bit me just trying to take a good picture for you guys.
Bill
Attachments
20200114_195931.jpg
20200114_195426.jpg
eveled

Post by eveled »

7E11F19A-8CA1-444D-A21C-2BBB498B81CD.jpeg
From trying to catch a plate I dropped. It split into two perfect halves and one of them got me real good.

Hard to tell from the picture. My wrist is at the upper right corner my thumb at upper left. Just glad I didn’t slash my wrist.
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by stockman »

eveled wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:54 am 7E11F19A-8CA1-444D-A21C-2BBB498B81CD.jpeg

From trying to catch a plate I dropped. It split into two perfect halves and one of them got me real good.

Hard to tell from the picture. My wrist is at the upper right corner my thumb at upper left. Just glad I didn’t slash my wrist.
Nasty cut, Thankful it wasn't your wrist.

Harold
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

It happened year before last. No pics, but I needed 8 stitches in my palm after doing something inattentive (i.e. dumb) with a little Schrade 12OT.
"Palm killer" with its brother 72OT:
schrade72ot.JPG
Mike
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

eveled wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:54 am 7E11F19A-8CA1-444D-A21C-2BBB498B81CD.jpeg

Ouch! Plates are dangerous - they need to be banned! No plates over 3 inches in diameter. ::facepalm::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
eveled

Post by eveled »

Groan ::facepalm::
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Another one for me in nearly the same place! You can still see the last bite healing... ::facepalm::

This rat is pretty sharp...
Attachments
IMG_20200125_005012.jpg
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
BladeRunner3

Post by BladeRunner3 »

Cutting a lemon. Slippery little sucker. I was trying to get nice wedges, and I did, but one of them included a small nugget from the tip of my thumb, too. The worst part about cutting lemons is...they're lemons, and they sting!
Case XX 6383
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Case XX 6383 »

usa 5375 while whittling
Attachments
20200201_162329.jpg
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

Well, that pretty little GEC powderhorn likes to bite. I was just opening a bubble mailer & apparently she got jealous ...
IMG-1622.jpg
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John

Return to “General Knife Discussion”