Marbles Triple Hunting Knife/Axe Combo MR198

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Draac

Marbles Triple Hunting Knife/Axe Combo MR198

Post by Draac »

I picked this up for camping. Polished to a mirror finish and all are very sharp.

Marbles Triple Hunting Knife/Axe Combo MR198:
  • Very High Quality Mirror Polished Razor Sharp Stainless Steel
    Same handle fits all 3 Blades
    3 Blades and one handle.

Marbles Knife/Combo. Includes a 10 1/2 " overall large hunter with 6 1/8" blade. 9 1/8" hunter with 4 3/4 " blade and also a 11" ax. Knife and axe feature stainless steel blade, full tang construction and brass finger guard and pommel. Fold out release has a 3" measuring marks. Shield is etched with geese and moose . All goes in a nice nylon heavy duty sheath.

Draac
Attachments
CLICK FOR A LARGER VIEW
CLICK FOR A LARGER VIEW
CLICK FOR A LARGER VIEW
CLICK FOR A LARGER VIEW
CLICK FOR A LARGER VIEW
CLICK FOR A LARGER VIEW
CLICK FOR A LARGER VIEW
CLICK FOR A LARGER VIEW
troyl2

Re: Marbles Triple Hunting Knife/Axe Combo MR198

Post by troyl2 »

ive had several case models over the years and kept a pre 1935 short pull model in stag,i am not sure how it could be considered a full tang model when it only goes an inch into handle ,i dont know how much i would use the hatchet attach as the handle gets sloppy on them after a small amount of use on the case models ive had, last i knew this was the final straw for marbles because case had filed a law suit over this because it was an exact copy of there unit only theres didnt have 2 knife blades only one and the hatchet
Draac

Post by Draac »

troyl2 wrote:ive had several case models over the years and kept a pre 1935 short pull model in stag,i am not sure how it could be considered a full tang model when it only goes an inch into handle ,i dont know how much i would use the hatchet attach as the handle gets sloppy on them after a small amount of use on the case models ive had, last i knew this was the final straw for marbles because case had filed a law suit over this because it was an exact copy of there unit only theres didnt have 2 knife blades only one and the hatchet
I find the blades and axe lock in quite well into the handle, with very little if any wobble to the knife blades or axe. They slide down into the handle sideways, then turned up onto a sturdy pin, then this measure piece thing goes up (see photo) with another pin on it to really lock in the blade/axe. I wouldn't try to split a log with it but for small branch trimmig jobs or splitting kindling, I'm sure the axe will hold up.

Draac
Attachments
CLICK FOR A LARGER VIEW
CLICK FOR A LARGER VIEW
Marbles Triple Hunting Knife-Axe Combo MR198 -5.jpg (47.33 KiB) Viewed 1328 times
Coolknife

Post by Coolknife »

Draac wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:52 pm
troyl2 wrote:ive had several case models over the years and kept a pre 1935 short pull model in stag,i am not sure how it could be considered a full tang model when it only goes an inch into handle ,i dont know how much i would use the hatchet attach as the handle gets sloppy on them after a small amount of use on the case models ive had, last i knew this was the final straw for marbles because case had filed a law suit over this because it was an exact copy of there unit only theres didnt have 2 knife blades only one and the hatchet
I find the blades and axe lock in quite well into the handle, with very little if any wobble to the knife blades or axe. They slide down into the handle sideways, then turned up onto a sturdy pin, then this measure piece thing goes up (see photo) with another pin on it to really lock in the blade/axe. I wouldn't try to split a log with it but for small branch trimmig jobs or splitting kindling, I'm sure the axe will hold up.

Draac
I have owned dozens of the Case models and I also just sold one of the early models. If they are used a lot they will eventually become loose. I also have two of these Marbles sets. I used one very roughly just to see if they too would become loose. I have to say the new Marbles copy is much sturdier than the case model. Both of my Marble sets are made in China! I know that is sacrilege to most collectors but it's just the truth. I still own a Case set with original box and would not trade for a hundred Marbles sets, but as far as quality the Marbles are better IMO.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”