Knife Photography

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Knife Photography

Post by Sasquach »

Thank you gentlemen!

The first photo is from my walk with The Magnificent Muffin Head today and the second is a newbie that arrived today, the new Black Sea Dichrolam baby butterbean.
Attachments
H & R Skinner stump-ed.jpg
Black Sea Dichrolam Beanie 2022.jpg
A GOOD KNIFE IS LIKE A GOOD FRIEND, IT'LL NEVER LET YOU DOWN.

“Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.”
~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

Nice photos, Charlie. The name of that Black Sea Dichrolam baby butterbean is a real mouthful!
Mel
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

Dinadan wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:15 am Nice photos, Charlie. The name of that Black Sea Dichrolam baby butterbean is a real mouthful!
Thanks Mel! ::super_happy::

A mouthful indeed! I've asked several dealers and looked it up on the internet how to pronounce "Dichrolam" and I'm still not sure I'm pronouncing it correctly. ::rotflol::

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Sasquach wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:29 pm
Dinadan wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:15 am Nice photos, Charlie. The name of that Black Sea Dichrolam baby butterbean is a real mouthful!
Thanks Mel! ::super_happy::

A mouthful indeed! I've asked several dealers and looked it up on the internet how to pronounce "Dichrolam" and I'm still not sure I'm pronouncing it correctly. ::rotflol::
Well you hex me, I went and ordered of of those fancy dic…. Handle trappers, photos next week when it arrives
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
www.allaboutpocketknives.com/jamieinwv
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Sasquach wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:41 pm Thank you gentlemen!

The first photo is from my walk with The Magnificent Muffin Head today and the second is a newbie that arrived today, the new Black Sea Dichrolam baby butterbean.
Great prism shot Squach, very unique and colorful. Great stump shot with some nice stag too. Bravo.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

An old Case 6308 whittler I took out for a few pics today. Solid and snappy with no wobble. Cool little knife
Attachments
20220930_111550.jpg
20220930_111316.jpg
20220930_111241.jpg
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

Nice little Case Mike. ::tu::

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

313 Mike wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:25 pm An old Case 6308 whittler I took out for a few pics today. Solid and snappy with no wobble. Cool little knife
::tu:: Great little knife!
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Cool indeed Mike.
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

Very appealing photos of that Case, Mike. That is just the kind of knife that I like; a whittler that has some and use, but not abuse.

Here are a couple of Schrades that have seen a few decades. The first one is an old bone handled 804 that I had to reprofile, but that I like in my pocket. Notice that cute little vine that I found to use as a background. It has leaves in clusters of three. I wonder if it is edible?
Schrade
Schrade
And my very favorite pocket knife. A Delrin 804 that pretty well lives in my pocket.
Schrade
Schrade
Mel
Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

Dinadan wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:29 pm Notice that cute little vine that I found to use as a background. It has leaves in clusters of three. I wonder if it is edible?
Schrade14.jpg
And my very favorite pocket knife. A Delrin 804 that pretty well lives in my pocket.
Schrade1.jpg
:lol: Funny, Mel. Nice pics, that 2nd one is an awesome shot, the knife is very nicely highlighted by the natural light. Having it perched on that weathered wood is a great touch.
Ike
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

Mel, I agree with Ike, that second shot is outstanding...nice Schrades too!

It's still raining here so we probably won't be going out for a walk today ( the mighty Canine Muscle Missile will have to be satisfied with some yard time) so here's one from the archive...
Attachments
Queen of the trail.jpg

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

Thanks, Ike and Charlie. That is a very nice photo from the archive, Charlie!
Mel
TPK

Post by TPK »

Great looking knives & pictures everyone! ::nod:: ::tu::

Tried my hand ✋ on a few pictures of my carries this morning. ::doh:: :lol: My lighting is often not very good here in the kitchen. Need to get this wood off the table before my wife comes downstairs & gives me a hard time. :lol: She'll never know. :lol:
Attachments
IMG_20221003_075228_034.jpg
IMG_20221003_074935_367~2.jpg
IMG_20221003_074320_203~2.jpg
IMG_20221003_074249_054.jpg
IMG_20221003_074016_272.jpg
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

Nice looking pics Tom, look good with the wood. That Old Timer reminds me of my youth, I used to keep one similar to it in the top tray of my fishing tackle box. Good stuff.
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
joeradza
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by joeradza »

A Bruckmann recovered in stag by Glenn Trowbridge.
Attachments
9C7A7E80-EE61-472D-9093-0748C8F48119.jpeg
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Whole page full of goodies guys, wow do I love seeing a page like this. Mike you started a trend or a string of great photos. Beautiful bones. Sweeeeeet shots.

Knocking it out of the park joerazda. One of the most beautiful shots of some sweeeeeeeeeeeeet stag from Glennbad. Wow is all I can say.

Dinadan that's some sweeeeeeeeeeeet Schrade bone. I can see why you love that one. And good to see both carries. Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

TPK dont' sell yourself short. Great wood shots, like that peanut bone in that light too. Lights up. Great colors and backdrop.

Squach that's a another great shot with some water in the background.

Guys are stepping it up around here. Beautiful stuff gents, thanks for the great browse.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

Nice group of knives and background, Tom. I keep some old pieces of driftwood around just for photo props. If there is any sand on the table just tell your wife you spilled the salt!

That Bruckmann is incredible, Joe. Glenn knows his stag!

Here are a couple of more in the late afternoon sun. Man, I love this time of year!
Fight'n Rooster
Fight'n Rooster
Fight'n Rooster
Fight'n Rooster
Mel
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Like this knife and photo!!!
Attachments
20220929_115956.jpg
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

STILL raining here and the grove is more like a swamp so here's another one from my photo archive.
Attachments
Kabar Trapper.jpg

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

here is the black sea dic.... trapper but, after researching the product of “Dichrolam” it’s a man made product, but where the Black Sea comes in, I don’t know ::shrug::
Attachments
IMG_2343.JPG
IMG_2344.JPG
IMG_2346.JPG
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

JamieinWV wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:33 pm here is the black sea dic.... trapper but, after researching the product of “Dichrolam” it’s a man made product, but where the Black Sea comes in, I don’t know ::shrug::
Looks great Jamie! ::tu::

I did some research as well and "Black Sea" is the name they gave that particular color combination. I also found "Red Burl" and "Fire Burl". I assume there are others and, like Kirinite and Corelon, the possibilities for new color and pattern combinations are there as well.

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Sasquach wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:21 am
JamieinWV wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:33 pm here is the black sea dic.... trapper but, after researching the product of “Dichrolam” it’s a man made product, but where the Black Sea comes in, I don’t know ::shrug::

I did some research as well and "Black Sea" is the name they gave that particular color combination. I also found "Red Burl" and "Fire Burl". I assume there are others and, like Kirinite and Corelon, the possibilities for new color and pattern combinations are there as well.
Well in my non-bias and very unprofessional opinion the handles on these are outstanding in feel and looks, the manufacturing of this product is in sheets, I dont know how large the sheets are they use for knife handles, but the pattern from one side to the other are wildly different. what beautiful handles they are.
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

JamieinWV wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:16 pm
Sasquach wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:21 am

Well in my non-bias and very unprofessional opinion the handles on these are outstanding in feel and looks, the manufacturing of this product is in sheets, I dont know how large the sheets are they use for knife handles, but the pattern from one side to the other are wildly different. what beautiful handles they are.
The vendors selling Dichrolam that I have been able to find all seem to be selling the material for ring inlays. That leads me the think that the Dichrolam is thin and flexible. Don't know if it is produced in thicker forms. That makes me wonder if it is even more like GEC Looking Glass handles than I thought. Below is a Tidioute Yellow Awabi Looking Glass Canoe (Awabi is another word for abalone). It has a thin layer of abalone covered by a thick transparent layer of yellow acrylic. This photo doesn't do the knife justice, the abalone colors are much more visible in hand. Could the Dichrolam scales be similar, having a thin layer of Dichrolam covered by a thick layer of transparent acrylic? ::shrug::
Attachments
Tidioute Yellow Awabi LG Canoe.JPG

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

As an addition to my previous comments on Dichrolam as compared to GEC Looking Glass, I notice that if you hold the knives up to light edgewise you can see a clear layer in both cases. ::hmm::

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)

Return to “General Knife Discussion”