lathams knife sales

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
tjmurphy

Re: lathams knife sales

Post by tjmurphy »

Dad-Gum relatives!! :lol: :lol:
"There are none so blind as those that refuse to see"

God Bless America - Though I don't know why he would want to.
xxredman

Post by xxredman »

hi-i was told at last knife show about questions and comments about me on site. i am somewhat new to site. i really appricate the nice comments from everyone. i have been on ebay for 14yrs. i have been involved in knife collecting for about 25yrs. i always try to offer the same type of service i would like to receive.
thanks again, mike latham (tenn)[/color]
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

The other Mike Latham (that's gonna get real confusin') Welcome to AAPK. Take your coat off and sit a spell. Glad to have you.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Okay, now I'm confused. Knifeswapper is the guy I've dealt with in the past, but I've got xxredman marked as a "Favorite Seller" on ebay. Can't swear I've made any ebay purchases as I usually go to CollectorKnives.Net, then call Mike for what I need. Knifeswapper Mike: What is your ebay handle?
knifeswapper

Post by knifeswapper »

Elvis wrote:Okay, now I'm confused. Knifeswapper is the guy I've dealt with in the past, but I've got xxredman marked as a "Favorite Seller" on ebay. Can't swear I've made any ebay purchases as I usually go to CollectorKnives.Net, then call Mike for what I need. Knifeswapper Mike: What is your ebay handle?
I don't deal with eBay much, but did have a store to try and migrate buyers to the website. It was under "wwwcollectorknivesnet".
Mike Latham, CollectorKnives
Great Eastern Cutlery | Case Knives | Arno Bernard Knives | Early Reserve
Low Price & Satisfaction Guaranteed
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

knifeswapper wrote:I don't deal with eBay much, but did have a store to try and migrate buyers to the website. It was under "wwwcollectorknivesnet".
That's what I thought. You're the Mike I've dealth with. This is Bob Picklesimer in Cincinnati (a friend of Jim Prather). It's been a while, but then it's been a while since I've bought ANY new knives. Good to know you check-in Mike. XXRedman Mike, at least you know I've got you marked on ebay. Just a tad confusing at first, but nice knives from either Mike.
wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

I have dealt with Mike XXREDMAN and found that his descriptions are a bit vague on the ones of interest to me ( automatics) but found that he is friendly , honest and will stand behind his knives . I`d buy from him again ::tu:: ........ Hi Mike 8)
singin46

Post by singin46 »

Well he finally responded to me tonight. Wonder If he saw the post I deleted earlier. He's on the testing ground with me right now and we'll see how he does. Undecided at this point, all I want from him is one tang stamp pic. I got it! Good news, he finally responded.
Love all Jacks
whit107

Post by whit107 »

I have bought many knives from Mr Latham, agree with everything already said, top notch fella.
UPDATE, the fellow I have dealt with is the one at Collectorknives.net don't know the Ebay one, sorry for the confusion but I was a little confused. ::undecided:: ::undecided::
Life is far too short to carry a bad knife.
wlf

Post by wlf »

Wrong guy.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
bonehead

Post by bonehead »

MrBlister wrote:Highly recommend MIKE latham
I have done business with him and been very happy :mrgreen: Bonehead
Bonehead

America's 'FINEST' Vintage Cutlery
DRM60

Post by DRM60 »

I have bought from both. And no complaints about either one. Both have done me quite right on all purchases.
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

jerryd6818 wrote:The other Mike Latham (that's gonna get real confusin')
Yes JerryD, I am confused. Seems some posts specify which Mike they are reffering to and others don't. So I can't tell which Mike the comments are directed at on some posts. Seems to me the following...

Mike Latham #1 - lathams knife sales =business name (OP question if you look at the title.) Ebay handle = xxredman. AAPK handle = xxredman.

Mike Latham #2 - CollectorKnives.Net =business name Ebay handle was or is = wwwcollectorknivesnet. AAPK handle = knifeswapper.

#1 and #2 designation for each is of no value or rating of course, had to pick.

OK, if I have that right...
Never dealt with either of these gentlemen. Sounds like good comments to both sellers besides the posts I have no idea whom members are referring to.

I really don't personally do ebay much (6 buys in the last year) because I do not prefer that method of sale due to all the headaches. So maybe I should have no opinion but...

Mike Latham #1 - lathams knife sales =business name Ebay handle = xxredman. AAPK handle = xxredman, has a counterfit (as he spelled it) knife he has had for sale since at least late September. He states it is a "Counterfit" in the BIN post on ebay, $125. I at least give the seller credit for saying up front it is counterfeit and disclosing that fact. However, current posting has possibly 10 hacks watching with probable bad intention if this knife is sold.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CASE-TESETED-XX ... 469wt_1124

I just wonder if the knife was bought purposely as a fake, or thinking it was real and trying to recoup some cash or what.
I won't go into further detail but the buck stops, in my opinion, when a buyer or seller realizes they have a fake and eats the cost of the mistake to get the damn fake out of circulation. The next guy that may buy it may not list as a conterfeit and the wheel goes round and round.

My opinion, for the reasons I stated, I will never do business with "xxredman". To each his own, he is free to do as he wants, as are all of you, but so am I. That just turned me off about the seller so no business whatsoever from me. Maybe someone here may say, "well you don't have to buy the fake". Yea, understood, I don't have to buy any of the non fakes either!

Regards, Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
wlf

Post by wlf »

He would have been better served to just absorb that knife.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
reddirtknives
Location: Okrahoma where the wind comes sreeping down the prain

Post by reddirtknives »

Agreed wlf, He could hit the trifecta and absorb it now and move it to his "This is what a counterfeit CASE knife looks like" knife display, then use this knife as an example to write a review on ebay about counterfeit knives on ebay… :)
DJ Red Tater Tip ~ Killer of Threads, Solo Pioneer in The Intergalactic Cutlery Trade
... ... `.~ RED DIRT KNIVES ~.` ... ...
xxredman

Post by xxredman »

hi-
sorry, but I get behind on reading post and replying back to them. I have full time job and family so time is short. It makes me proud to know that someone with same name is knife guy and a good one at that. I am sure I speak for him when I say sorry for confusion. I have read the different thoughts about the counterfeit knife I have listed on ebay. I had no bad intentions when I listed the knife. I know collectors that just want to display with originals to show difference and was offering for that reason and to get few dollars back. I purchased in a collection with some really nice items. I really did not think about someone else using it to trick buyer. so, after reading post I will end item and just keep. I have had many ebayers ask about it and also questioned me on how to spot bad ones. I have also gotten many emails about other knives listed on ebay and was able to let guys know not to buy. if you guys see something that you think I might need to change let me know in personal email. I am very easily to contact. my email is listed under every picture. thanks to you guys who take time out to help keep knife collecting fun and honest. sorry again for not getting around more often.
mike latham (Tennessee)
xxredman
stagnut

Post by stagnut »

I have known and bought knives from Mike, Mostly antique auto's and have worked for Mike, again mostly antique autos for around 10 years. And he has always been fair and honest.
He ships as fast as anyone and is just as fast to pay ! He is one of the good guys for sure. My 2 cents
Stagnut/ Bob Cahill

Return to “General Knife Discussion”