BOMBS AWAY!!! THE UN-OFFICIAL OFFICIAL BOMB THREAD

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: BOMBS AWAY!!! THE UN-OFFICIAL OFFICIAL BOMB THREAD

Post by Papa Bones »

TPK wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:11 pm ::paranoid:: Just when I thought it was safe ::paranoid:: to go outside..., ::paranoid::

::woot:: BOOM!!! ::woot::

::shrug:: Another direct hit!!! ::nod:: ::groove:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds::

Not sure if I deserve so much generosity but I sure am enjoying it! ::nod:: That's for sure! ::nod:: ::super_happy:: The AAPK is such a Blessing to me! ::nod:: Thank you one & all! ::handshake::

Dan in MI you really hit me with the full payload on this run! ::doh:: ::woot::

Dan, I thank you for these gifts that you have bestowed upon me. ::handshake:: You leave me totally humbled & at a loss for the appropriate words to express my gratitude. ::hmm:: Thanks Buddy! ::handshake:: Your generosity is overwhelming! ::nod::

As the pictures show, I recieved a beautiful lanyard that I will put to good use! ::tu:: ::nod::

A DLT Trading Exclusive Victorinox Classic SD. That will be in my showcase. ::nod:: ::super_happy::

And a Very Fine Case XX 6220 SS Kentucky Bluegrass Bone Peanut! :shock: The handles on this knife are out of this world! It also has solid half stops which I really like! ::nod:: I'm still not sure if it will be in my showcase or my pockets but I am reeeeally tempted to EDC this little beauty. ::hmm:: ::nod::

More pictures in the coming days in the appropriate threads. Thanks for looking friends! ::handshake::
And thanks again for the awesome gifts Dan! ::handshake:: I really appreciate it Buddy! ::nod:: ::tu::
That was a MLRS strike. Multiple hits on target. Congrats Tom, and Good Vibes for Dan.
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
TPK

Post by TPK »

Thanks for all the comments & kind words gentlemen! ::handshake:: Appreciate it! ::nod:: :D
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

I recently purchased a Barrett Tool knife but the bone handles were broken. Ike PM'd me with an offer to give me one he had that had buggered plier teeth and a broken blade but with intact handles. What a great offer I readily accepted. It came today but with a bonus Winchester Harness Jack with wood handles. The Barret was a great and thoughtful gift but the Harness Jack. Wow! Thanks Ike, I am blown away. ::handshake:: ::handshake::
DSCN7310.JPG
DSCN7311.JPG
DSCN7313.JPG
DSCN7312.JPG
DSCN7314.JPG
DSCN7315.JPG
DSCN7316.JPG
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

doglegg wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:16 pm I recently purchased a Barrett Tool knife but the bone handles were broken. Ike PM'd me with an offer to give me one he had that had buggered plier teeth and a broken blade but with intact handles. What a great offer I readily accepted. It came today but with a bonus Winchester Harness Jack with wood handles. The Barret was a great and thoughtful gift but the Harness Jack. Wow! Thanks Ike, I am blown away. ::handshake:: ::handshake:: DSCN7310.JPGDSCN7311.JPGDSCN7313.JPGDSCN7312.JPGDSCN7314.JPGDSCN7315.JPGDSCN7316.JPG

Nice bonus score. Looooooooooove the Winchester HJ. Congrats. Nice move Ike. Sweet shot.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

I figured a Texas resident could always use a Harness Jack! Lookin' forward to seeing the tool knife when it is finished.
Glad you like 'em, Floyd!
Ike
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Thanks Iman. ::handshake::

And thanks again Ike. ::handshake:: ::handshake::
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Well aimed Ike! Dogg is the perfect end receiver of de'mn.
::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

doglegg wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:16 pm I recently purchased a Barrett Tool knife but the bone handles were broken. Ike PM'd me with an offer to give me one he had that had buggered plier teeth and a broken blade but with intact handles. What a great offer I readily accepted. It came today but with a bonus Winchester Harness Jack with wood handles. The Barret was a great and thoughtful gift but the Harness Jack. Wow! Thanks Ike, I am blown away. ::handshake:: ::handshake:: DSCN7310.JPGDSCN7311.JPGDSCN7313.JPGDSCN7312.JPGDSCN7314.JPGDSCN7315.JPGDSCN7316.JPG
SCORE!!! Congrats all around!! ::handshake:: That Ike is a slippery old dog!!! ::tu:: ::nod:: :lol:
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Thanks WillyC and John. ::handshake:: ::handshake::
TPK

Post by TPK »

Congrats Floyd! ::handshake:: ::super_happy::

Good on you Ike! ::tu:: ::nod:: ::super_happy::

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Thanks Tom. ::tu::
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

I was away most of the weekend, but came back Sunday and Checked the mail. I knew something was strange when I opened my mail box and a Ocean Breeze blew out and I could swear there was a faint hint of Hibiscus in the air. When I looked at the package I realized I had been hit with a "Q" Bomb. Yep....our very own QTCut5 had hit me dead center with a bomb all the way from a Hawaii. A Western USA Stainless S-6504 3-3/8 inch Serpentine Stockman which I'm not sure if it's Camillus or Schrade produced for Western. Even though a Stockman, I've always said the blade arrangement makes it a close second cousin of the 72 pattern Camillus. It has a Clip master, Coping secondary, and small clip third blade. Delrin handles with "Stainless" stamped shield. All blades are tight, no wobble, Master Clip has excellent snap, the other two strong but not as strong as the master clip. Blades do have some scratches, but that's just character to me. A fine addition to my Western group and a great EDC. I was totally blown away by this unexpected surprise. I do appreciate it "Q", and am always impressed by the Camaraderie and friendship of the members of AAPK. Here are some photos, all I've done is wipe it down and oil the joints. Will sharpen it and carry it proudly.
Western USA S6504 _a.JPG
Western USA S6504 _b.JPG

Smitty
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Smitty that is a superb EDC knife... ::tu:: Congratulations!!
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Very, very nice. I have a couple of 6504's that I mistook for Camillus 72 clones because I wasn't paying close enough attention. No regrets.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

dlr110 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:35 pm Smitty that is a superb EDC knife... ::tu:: Congratulations!!
Thanks David

jerryd6818 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:54 pm Very, very nice. I have a couple of 6504's that I mistook for Camillus 72 clones because I wasn't paying close enough attention. No regrets.
Thanks Jerry. I still think they are the second cousin of a 72. ::super_happy::

Smitty
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Score for Smitty!!
Kudos to Q!!
Very Kool Gents!!
John 🎃

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Whoa Papa B, what a blast! Love those little knives. I have a couple and really like them. Proud for you. And Q continues to live up to his reputation. Congrats. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::handshake::
#goldpan

Post by #goldpan »

That one left a crater! Boom ::tu:: Good for Q and Smitty thats a fine knife. It definitely looks like a relative of the 72 with that blade arrangement! ::nod::
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Smitty, I'm glad you like it even though it's not a 72 or (even a 72 clone).
One thing Papa Bones failed to mention was the amount of pocket lint inside the blade well...at least I think it was lint...could just as easily have been mold ::undecided::. Whatever it was, it looked deep enough to grow root vegetables in :lol:. I imagine removing that built up crud probably reduced the weight of the knife by at least half :shock:.

Curse you, Karma! You caught me unawares and struck me once again with a blindsided, haymaker sucker punch. Here I was thinking I'd be the one handing out all the Halloween treats this year, but apparently Karma had a trick up its sleeve reserved just for me (which, as it turned out, was actually quite a treat!) You see, friends, it just so happened that the very day Smitty got my BOMB, I was BOMBED myself by a mysterious "stealth" bomber who did not identify himself. Although, I have a pretty good idea who it was, not because I'm such a great sleuth, but because the knife I received was only known about by two people besides myself, one of whom was my wife (and there's no possible way on God's green earth it came from her), and the other is "The Great Mini-T Enabler" and "Most Generous Bombardier" himself (I'm sure most of you will know the individual to whom I refer ::nod:: ).

The knife I was BOMBED with is this extremely cool, mint condition Smith & Wesson, Jigged Gray-Green Bone Mini Trapper made in Seki, Japan, with AUS-6; a somewhat rare and extremely well-made knife. Of all the Smith & Wesson branded knives I have owned (or still own), this is the first and only Seki-made model I have ever seen. And, for anyone familiar with Seki-made knives, you will undoubtedly appreciate the indisputable quality of cutlery that comes out of that particular region of the World. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::

Many thanks, semi-anonymous BOMBER. As for Karma...consider yourself forewarned, The Monkey has a few little tricks up his sleeves as well. ::sneaky:: ::suspense::
PA250004.JPG
PA250006.JPG

More photos posted in the appropriate threads.
~Q~
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

QTCut5 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:35 am Smitty, I'm glad you like it even though it's not a 72 or (even a 72 clone).
One thing Papa Bones failed to mention was the amount of pocket lint inside the blade well...at least I think it was lint...could just as easily have been mold ::undecided::. Whatever it was, it looked deep enough to grow root vegetables in :lol:. I imagine removing that built up crud probably reduced the weight of the knife by at least half :shock:.

Curse you, Karma! You caught me unawares and struck me once again with a blindsided, haymaker sucker punch. Here I was thinking I'd be the one handing out all the Halloween treats this year, but apparently Karma had a trick up its sleeve reserved just for me (which, as it turned out, was actually quite a treat!) You see, friends, it just so happened that the very day Smitty got my BOMB, I was BOMBED myself by a mysterious "stealth" bomber who did not identify himself. Although, I have a pretty good idea who it was, not because I'm such a great sleuth, but because the knife I received was only known about by two people besides myself, one of whom was my wife (and there's no possible way on God's green earth it came from her), and the other is "The Great Mini-T Enabler" and "Most Generous Bombardier" himself (I'm sure most of you will know the individual to whom I refer ::nod:: ).

The knife I was BOMBED with is this extremely cool, mint condition Smith & Wesson, Jigged Gray-Green Bone Mini Trapper made in Seki, Japan, with AUS-6; a somewhat rare and extremely well-made knife. Of all the Smith & Wesson branded knives I have owned (or still own), this is the first and only Seki-made model I have ever seen. And, for anyone familiar with Seki-made knives, you will undoubtedly appreciate the indisputable quality of cutlery that comes out of that particular region of the World. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::

Many thanks, semi-anonymous BOMBER. As for Karma...consider yourself forewarned, The Monkey has a few little tricks up his sleeves as well. ::sneaky:: ::suspense::
PA250004.JPGPA250006.JPG

More photos posted in the appropriate threads.
The lint was no problem. Washed it out and oiled everything last night. I really appreciate it "Q" Your correct, it's not a 72, but that design and blade compliment I've always jokingly called the 72's second cousin.

As for the bomb you received, Congrats man. It is a beautiful Mini-T. Always liked the design of the S&W logo and the shield on the knives always looked great. The color on the handles looks awesome and really compliments the Mini-T pattern. Congrats "Q" and kudos to the Stealth Bomber. ::tu:: ::tu::

Smitty
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Q that is a really nice knife. Glad you are now it's keeper
::tu::
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

FB421D63-1ACB-4DCB-BF10-D1AA6CDA2550.jpeg
33E7846B-0622-4344-ACAA-2A1BF8F9A668.jpeg
So I knew Steve was sending the book but the Uncle Henry 897 is a pleasant surprise!! 👍🤝👍💎
Thank You Steve for the book and knife!! 🤝
John 🎃

Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

jmh58 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:14 pm FB421D63-1ACB-4DCB-BF10-D1AA6CDA2550.jpeg33E7846B-0622-4344-ACAA-2A1BF8F9A668.jpeg

So I knew Steve was sending the book but the Uncle Henry 897 is a pleasant surprise!! 👍🤝👍💎
John 🎃
You're more than welcome.
Enjoy!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

jmh58 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:14 pm FB421D63-1ACB-4DCB-BF10-D1AA6CDA2550.jpeg33E7846B-0622-4344-ACAA-2A1BF8F9A668.jpeg

John 🎃
::tu:: ::tu:: Awesome John, Congratulations to you, and Good Kudos out to Steve!! ::nod::

Smitty
TPK

Post by TPK »

Congrats Q & John! ::handshake:: ::super_happy::

Good on you Stealth & Steve! ::tu:: ::nod::

Return to “General Knife Discussion”