BOMBS AWAY!!! THE UN-OFFICIAL OFFICIAL BOMB THREAD

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
TPK

Re: BOMBS AWAY!!! THE UN-OFFICIAL OFFICIAL BOMB THREAD

Post by TPK »

::hmm:: I recieved a package from the "AAPK in LaVale MD". ::hmm:: My mom lives in LaVale but she was not the sender. There were no notes inside. Just a beautiful 2020 - 6254SS - Navy Blue Bone - Rogers Jig - Trapper. ::woot:: :shock: ::woot:: :shock: ::woot::

Dear Mr. Anonymous,

I am truely humbled by your most gracious act of giving! ::nod:: I'm lost for words! ::facepalm::

Such Special gifts tend to get me all choked up! :oops: Whoever sent this was paying attention to the posts here on the AAPK & knew that this knife would complete a set of three matching Trappers in different sizes for me. ::nod:: ::tu:: Awesome! Thank you Sir! ::handshake:: ::super_happy::

My new set of three matching Trappers will always be a very Special set in my collection! ::nod:: The tiny Trapper in the set was my first ever Case knife & a gift from my wife. This Trapper was a gift from an anonymous giver. And the small Trapper that I bought off the Bay is the missing link between two Awesome gifts! ::tu:: ::super_happy::

Thank you very much Mr. Anonymous! ::handshake:: I truely appreciate it! ::nod:: I really do! ::nod:: ::handshake:: ::super_happy::

Thanks for looking friends! ::handshake:: I will post more pictures in different threads later on today. ::tu::
Attachments
IMG_20210912_065957_605.jpg
IMG_20210912_070329_755.jpg
IMG_20210912_070409_815.jpg
IMG_20210912_070446_206.jpg
IMG_20210912_071043_157.jpg
IMG_20210912_070951_911.jpg
IMG_20210912_070715_040.jpg
IMG_20210912_070701_862.jpg
IMG_20210912_071336_890.jpg
IMG_20210912_075543_507.jpg
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Wow Tom! What an awesome bomb, and a fantastic set!!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

That, my friend, is a very handsome piece of cutlery. Congratulations on acquiring the final piece to the three knife set. It's a very generous gift from the phantom gifter. Very nice indeed. ::tu::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
TPK

Post by TPK »

Thanks guys! ::handshake:: ::super_happy:: Appreciate it! ::nod::

I even find the Box cool! 8) :lol: Never had a box like it before. :D

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

A direct hit!. And a very thoughtful one as well. Will always be a special knife to you. ::nod:: ::nod::

And to the bombardier, good job. ::handshake::
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Tom, that is a lovely set of Trappers, in all the sizes. Keep on watching your mailbox for the boxy bomber from Michigan!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Nice set of Blue Bone/Red Shield Case Trappers, Tom. 8)

Now, your "Momma Bear" Mini Trapper (07) and your "Baby Bear" Tiny Trapper (154) finally have Big "Poppa Bear" (54) Trapper to complete the family. So, I guess that must mean you are "Goldilocks" (and the three bear trappers! :lol: ). Somewhere there's an OCD Monkey smiling down upon you. ::nod::
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
TPK

Post by TPK »

@ Floyd, Dan & Q : Thanks for the kind words. I do appreciate it! ::handshake:: ::nod::

::hmm:: Q, somehow I have this strange feeling that you & the OCD Monkey know something about this Bomb. ::watching_you::

Thanks Buddy! ::handshake:: Your way too cool! 8)

TPK

Post by TPK »

Dan In MI wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:08 pm Tom, that is a lovely set of Trappers, in all the sizes. Keep on watching your mailbox for the boxy bomber from Michigan!
:shock: Roger that Dan! ::tu:: I'll be Watching! ::paranoid:: :shock: :lol:

1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Very cool Tom and secret bomber. ::tu:: ::tu::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
TPK

Post by TPK »

1967redrider wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:30 pm Very cool Tom and secret bomber. ::tu:: ::tu::
::tu:: ::handshake:: :D

Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

TPK wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:30 am ::hmm:: I recieved a package from the "AAPK in LaVale MD". ::hmm:: My mom lives in LaVale but she was not the sender. There were no notes inside. Just a beautiful 2020 - 6254SS - Navy Blue Bone - Rogers Jig - Trapper. ::woot:: :shock: ::woot:: :shock: ::woot::

Dear Mr. Anonymous,

I am truely humbled by your most gracious act of giving! ::nod:: I'm lost for words! ::facepalm::

Such Special gifts tend to get me all choked up! :oops: Whoever sent this was paying attention to the posts here on the AAPK & knew that this knife would complete a set of three matching Trappers in different sizes for me. ::nod:: ::tu:: Awesome! Thank you Sir! ::handshake:: ::super_happy::

My new set of three matching Trappers will always be a very Special set in my collection! ::nod:: The tiny Trapper in the set was my first ever Case knife & a gift from my wife. This Trapper was a gift from an anonymous giver. And the small Trapper that I bought off the Bay is the missing link between two Awesome gifts! ::tu:: ::super_happy::

Thank you very much Mr. Anonymous! ::handshake:: I truely appreciate it! ::nod:: I really do! ::nod:: ::handshake:: ::super_happy::

Thanks for looking friends! ::handshake:: I will post more pictures in different threads later on today. ::tu::
::clapping:: ::tu:: ::tu:: . Awesome Tom, Congratulations to you, and Good Vibes to the Bomber!! Beautiful knife that will look right at home with your other trappers!! Proud for you man!! ::handshake::
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
TPK

Post by TPK »

Papa Bones wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:35 pm
TPK wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:30 am ::hmm:: I recieved a package from the "AAPK in LaVale MD". ::hmm:: My mom lives in LaVale but she was not the sender. There were no notes inside. Just a beautiful 2020 - 6254SS - Navy Blue Bone - Rogers Jig - Trapper. ::woot:: :shock: ::woot:: :shock: ::woot::

Dear Mr. Anonymous,

::clapping:: ::tu:: ::tu:: . Awesome Tom, Congratulations to you, and Good Vibes to the Bomber!! Beautiful knife that will look right at home with your other trappers!! Proud for you man!! ::handshake::
Thanks Smitty! ::handshake:: Appreciate your comments Buddy! ::nod:: ::super_happy::

Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

TPK wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:46 pm Roger that Dan! ::tu:: I'll be Watching!
Tracking shows that Deutsche Bundespost has allowed it to proceed!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
#goldpan

Post by #goldpan »

All I can say is wow... A lot of people getting bombed with some awesome knives! The generosity of the members on this forum never cease to amaze me! ::ds:: I was bombed today by Reverand today! Thanks Buddy! Reverand sent me a most unusual 72 pattern. Has a McGrew shield and a Western tang stamp!
8BB76628-8D5D-4D93-90B4-0B9C82D34A1CL0001.jpg
90D3D4A2-4AF0-4666-B8D2-B7CB6D476450L0001.jpg
831ABB53-8C51-4DF2-94CB-59679856105BL0001 - Copy.jpg
Thanks Reverand ::tu:: and God bless my friend!
DD3FD605-786E-40D7-911B-53BDD80E5E94L0001.jpg
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

#goldpan wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:14 am I was bombed by Reverand today!
Congratulations, and good on Reverand!
USN 2000-2006
TPK

Post by TPK »

Dan In MI wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:24 pm
TPK wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:46 pm Roger that Dan! ::tu:: I'll be Watching!
Tracking shows that Deutsche Bundespost has allowed it to proceed!
::super_happy:: ::super_happy:: ::super_happy::

TPK

Post by TPK »

#goldpan wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:14 am All I can say is wow... A lot of people getting bombed with some awesome knives! The generosity of the members on this forum never cease to amaze me! ::ds:: I was bombed today by Reverand today! Thanks Buddy! Reverand sent me a most unusual 72 pattern. Has a McGrew shield and a Western tang stamp!

8BB76628-8D5D-4D93-90B4-0B9C82D34A1CL0001.jpg90D3D4A2-4AF0-4666-B8D2-B7CB6D476450L0001.jpg831ABB53-8C51-4DF2-94CB-59679856105BL0001 - Copy.jpg

Thanks Reverand ::tu:: and God bless my friend!DD3FD605-786E-40D7-911B-53BDD80E5E94L0001.jpg
Congratulations to you goldpan, and good on you Reverand! ::handshake::
Yes I'll have to agree with you goldpan, it's such a great feeling to be around all these special folks. ::nod:: ::super_happy::

jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Congrats all around!! Each and every one is deserving of these bombs!! Kudos Gents!! 👍💎💎👍
John ✌️
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

TPK wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:30 am

Thanks for looking friends! ::handshake:: I will post more pictures in different threads later on today. ::tu:: [/u][/b]
Sweet bomb and great to hear your experience. Good on the anonymous bomber for sure, and lucky you. What a great unexpected treat and altruistic to the core. Wow that's a great story and completion of the missing link. Congrats and whoever the bomber was, hope you know you're appreciated and all the goodwill and kindness will circle around and come back to you. Great to hear about stuff like this.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
TPK

Post by TPK »

::tu:: Thanks I-Man! ::handshake:: ::super_happy::

Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Thank you for sharing the news TPK. Made for a smile here and I'm sure for you too.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

#goldpan wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:14 am All I can say is wow... A lot of people getting bombed with some awesome knives! The generosity of the members on this forum never cease to amaze me! ::ds:: I was bombed today by Reverand today! Thanks Buddy! Reverand sent me a most unusual 72 pattern. Has a McGrew shield and a Western tang stamp!

8BB76628-8D5D-4D93-90B4-0B9C82D34A1CL0001.jpg90D3D4A2-4AF0-4666-B8D2-B7CB6D476450L0001.jpg831ABB53-8C51-4DF2-94CB-59679856105BL0001 - Copy.jpg

Thanks Reverand ::tu:: and God bless my friend!DD3FD605-786E-40D7-911B-53BDD80E5E94L0001.jpg
::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
TPK

Post by TPK »

Ivoryman wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:29 pm Thank you for sharing the news TPK. Made for a smile here and I'm sure for you too.
You bet it did! ::super_happy:: ::super_happy:: ::super_happy:: ::super_happy:: ::super_happy::

TPK

Post by TPK »

::paranoid:: Just when I thought it was safe ::paranoid:: to go outside..., ::paranoid::

::woot:: BOOM!!! ::woot::

::shrug:: Another direct hit!!! ::nod:: ::groove:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds::

Not sure if I deserve so much generosity but I sure am enjoying it! ::nod:: That's for sure! ::nod:: ::super_happy:: The AAPK is such a Blessing to me! ::nod:: Thank you one & all! ::handshake::

Dan in MI you really hit me with the full payload on this run! ::doh:: ::woot::

Dan, I thank you for these gifts that you have bestowed upon me. ::handshake:: You leave me totally humbled & at a loss for the appropriate words to express my gratitude. ::hmm:: Thanks Buddy! ::handshake:: Your generosity is overwhelming! ::nod::

As the pictures show, I recieved a beautiful lanyard that I will put to good use! ::tu:: ::nod::

A DLT Trading Exclusive Victorinox Classic SD. That will be in my showcase. ::nod:: ::super_happy::

And a Very Fine Case XX 6220 SS Kentucky Bluegrass Bone Peanut! :shock: The handles on this knife are out of this world! It also has solid half stops which I really like! ::nod:: I'm still not sure if it will be in my showcase or my pockets but I am reeeeally tempted to EDC this little beauty. ::hmm:: ::nod::

More pictures in the coming days in the appropriate threads. Thanks for looking friends! ::handshake::
And thanks again for the awesome gifts Dan! ::handshake:: I really appreciate it Buddy! ::nod:: ::tu::
Attachments
IMG_20210917_191325_645.jpg
IMG_20210917_191613_225.jpg
IMG_20210917_191921_522.jpg
IMG_20210917_191807_014.jpg
IMG_20210917_191716_476.jpg
IMG_20210917_192421_857.jpg
IMG_20210917_192559_863.jpg
IMG_20210917_192548_573.jpg
IMG_20210917_193018_292.jpg
IMG_20210917_193757_568.jpg

Return to “General Knife Discussion”