For Folks Who Are New To Pocket Knives

Discuss or show off anything that relates to knives.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: For Folks Who Are New To Pocket Knives

Post by Mumbleypeg » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:24 pm

Probably get a better answer if you post the knife and your question in the Bulldog Collectors forum. https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kn ... m.php?f=74. ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

"There was a time when young people revered their elders. No one knows when this was." - Bill Heavey
https://www.akti.org/

Quick Steel
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Quick Steel » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:50 am

Welcome to all you new members. ::handshake::

Tee, you have good looking BD. It is a 3rd generation BD. The "prototype" mark is unlikely to add any value to the knife as it was sometimes added to a blade to increase its desirability to a potential buyer. I don't have any way to distinguish a true prototype from an "artificial" prototype.

Your scales appear to be celluloid. BD made many attractive scales using this material. Do not store it were it will be exposed to heat. Sometimes celluloid may begin to deteriorate or "outgass" which will corrode the knife and any other knives in proximity. I suggest you apply a coating of Renn Wax or other high quality wax to the the entire knife, scales and blades. Many collectors have had celluloid handles for decades with no outgassing. So enjoy your knife. There are many good Bulldogg knives available in our AAPK stores.
"Life is good if you don't weaken." AG Russell

Tee

Post by Tee » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:22 am

I came across this knife says GARTMAN inside a arrowhead i know it is a Jess Elrod "rope cutter" with the name Charlie Jones on back of blade can anyone give more info is a good collector knife or a waste of time
20190915_211215.jpg
20190915_211157.jpg
20190915_211141.jpg

Dnight18

Post by Dnight18 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:59 pm

I was going threw some knife I’ve had for year and seems these and was hoping someone could help me identify them
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Quick Steel
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Quick Steel » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:10 pm

Jusy want to welcome you to the AAPK. ::handshake:: It's likely someone will come along eventually who may be able to shed light on what you have.

Quick Steel
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Quick Steel » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:17 pm

I can add that the very bottom knife appears to be a Kissing Crane knife [Herman Klass] which, judging by its apparent age, would have been made in Germany. Can you find a mark anywhere that says Solingen? This town in Germany is where they used to be made.

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:12 pm

You would be better served if you post your knives and questions in ‹Knife Related Q&A ---► https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kn ... um.php?f=4
They will get much better exposure there and bring you answers to your questions much quicker.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “General Knife Discussion”