It's In The Mail

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: It's In The Mail

Post by doglegg »

::tu:: ::tu:: ::nod::
TPK

Post by TPK »

New_Windsor_NY wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:56 am I just purchased this tonight. Another Ulster 63, 3 blade, swelled center, "whittler" pocket knife. Yes, it's another Camillus 72 variation. When it does finally arrive, I'll give it the once over, take some pictures and post them in the appropriate location(s). It looks like it won't need much, if any, cleaning at all.
Nice find Skip! Great looking handels! ::tu:: :D

Beautiful Camillus Cody! ::barf:: :D
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

You've been bringing in some nice ones, Skip!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

TPK wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:33 am
New_Windsor_NY wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:56 am I just purchased this tonight. Another Ulster 63, 3 blade, swelled center, "whittler" pocket knife. Yes, it's another Camillus 72 variation. When it does finally arrive, I'll give it the once over, take some pictures and post them in the appropriate location(s). It looks like it won't need much, if any, cleaning at all.
Nice find Skip! Great looking handels! ::tu:: :D
Thank you Tom. ::handshake::

Steve Warden wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:04 pm You've been bringing in some nice ones, Skip!
Thank you Steve. ::handshake::

doglegg wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:08 am ::tu:: ::tu:: ::nod::
Thank you Floyd. ::handshake::
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

I bought this one tonight, another one for the zoo.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (11.05 KiB) Viewed 3363 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (24.4 KiB) Viewed 3363 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (26.37 KiB) Viewed 3363 times

Skip
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

Picked up something to play around with.

IMG_7401.PNG
IMG_7402.PNG
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
joeradza
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by joeradza »

It's Red!
Attachments
Screenshot_20200313-231555_Chrome.jpg
TPK

Post by TPK »

Nice finds everybody! ::tu::

Yes,that is very RED! ::super_happy::

I picked this small Black one. / Coleman Lockback, Drop Point, 7,60 cm, CMNSC010
Might be my next EDC. See how much I like it? ::shrug:: The handles are aluminium so if there is room on them, I might drill a lanyard hole in it. :mrgreen:

Only have this one picture from the seller. Couldn't find any other pictures online either. Thanks for looking! ::handshake::
Attachments
s-l1600-373.jpg

cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

TPK wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:47 pm Nice finds everybody! ::tu::

I picked this small Black one. / Coleman Lockback, Drop Point, 7,60 cm, CMNSC010
Might be my next EDC. See how much I like it? ::shrug:: The handles are aluminium so if there is room on them, I might drill a lanyard hole in it. :mrgreen:

Only have this one picture from the seller. Couldn't find any other pictures online either. Thanks for looking! ::handshake::
Looks like a great workhorse! I find a moderately sized (3-3 3/4") closed lockback gets most of what I need done while being lightweight and unobtrusive.

The US distributor for Antonini is going out of business due to its owner retiring. The whole product line is made in Maniago, Italy. While some of their folders and fixed blades in the SOS line are high-end (but still using 440A steel), most are rather inexpensive and price-wise competitive with the stuff made in China. I tried to focus on just those I needed for specific tasks, but still think I went a little overboard choosing a few to get over the $50 threshold for free shipping. Some time later, when I have the dough, my plans are to order another $50 worth of cheaper, smaller knives.

MAMBA RQE/BLK Professional Search and Rescue Knife with Sheath. $22; was $180. Originally, I wanted a spear-point version that would have been a good hunting and camping knife, but I procrastinated and it sold out. This one has a somewhat curved, blunt tip serrated blade with cutting hook, but usable for a lot of stuff still. A decent looking sheath is supplied; made by Italian military and police supply firm VEGA Holsters. This is a heavily engineered, full tang special purpose, severe duty knife. 9 1/4" OAL, a little over a 4" blade, which is not a big and clunky knife, but just about right.
cz7CGlw.jpg
PwBaqeV.jpg

ARAXL/MIS Professional Search and Rescue Knife Micarta Handle Cost $12. Blunt tip hawkbill knife with a strap cutter (which hopefully, is decently sharp; as I've had a lot of duds in terms of rescue knives); useful for a lot of stuff I do around the farm. The handle also features a magnetized bit driver, which at the butt of the knife is a bit in an awkward place, but should provide plenty of leverage if needed. . Hardened 420SS clip that is deep carry--my favorite type. It is about 5 1/4" closed with a 3.35" blade; so a pretty sizeable knife; and somewhat hefty at 4.25 oz.
loKgXkP.jpg
7231/LA Antonini Fishing & Yachting Knife with Marlin Spike Cost $10. This is a replacement for my old marlinspike rigging knife, a 1950s era Metal Stampings Ltd. (Canadian arm of Case set up just to make these for the Canadian military from the late '40s-early '60s) that is my current rope knife. It has a broken spring, causing the spike to wobble badly. Now I can retire that one to the collection. At 4 3/4" with a just under 3.5" blade; it's not the monster the Case (or the WWI era Wostenholm that preceded it; which I also have) is; but still big enough to get the job done while not feeling like a Mack truck in my pocket. The wood handle should also be more comfortable than bare steel.
S6e5vWe.jpg
And now the less expensive knives.

863G Antonini Fishing Knife with PTFE Coated Blade 84mm
$4 84mm is actually the blade length. It's actually 4.5" closed. $4 I bought this one because I think the Teflon coating should resist stuff like tape and pine tar sticking to the blade and making a mess that is nigh impossible to get off without heavy solvents.
JdzbI7v.jpg
9720/22FL Antonini Full-Arch Pruning Knife with Brown ABS Handle 100mm I had a smaller 70mm (3" closed) version that I lost not long after I bought it working on the farm. I bought two of this bigger model at $2 each just in case that happens again. I'm ordering a few more of these to give out when I make the next order next month. These are about 4 3/4" closed, and the full arch offers a whole lot more cutting power than the swayback hawkbill with a gentler curve common in the US. Strong springs that snap like a bear trap. The C70 carbon steel blades take a great edge and hold it. They're also quite tough. First job with it will be pruning a grapevine as intended; not twine cutting, brush whacking, weedeater line cutting, and sheep feed sack opening as usual, which it will likely tackle as well. Hawkbills and pruners tend to be used the hardest in my use.
RD8RLHh.jpg
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

I ordered this one today, does anyone already have it and what do you think.
Attachments
ca25338.jpg
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

dlr110 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:59 pm I ordered this one today, does anyone already have it and what do you think.
I didn't even know they'd put that one out. But, it looks good. I like the bolsters the best.
TPK

Post by TPK »

cody6268 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:27 pm

Looks like a great workhorse! I find a moderately sized (3-3 3/4") closed lockback gets most of what I need done while being lightweight and unobtrusive.

The US distributor for Antonini is going out of business due to its owner retiring. The whole product line is made in Maniago, Italy. While some of their folders and fixed blades in the SOS line are high-end (but still using 440A steel), most are rather inexpensive and price-wise competitive with the stuff made in China. I tried to focus on just those I needed for specific tasks, but still think I went a little overboard choosing a few to get over the $50 threshold for free shipping. Some time later, when I have the dough, my plans are to order another $50 worth of cheaper, smaller knives.

I have seen Antonini knives on the bay and wondered how they are. Too bad they are going out of business. ::td:: I had my eye on one, guess I should grab it soon. ::hmm:: You picked up some nice ones & Thanks for the tip! ::handshake:: ::tu::

TPK

Post by TPK »

dlr110 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:59 pm I ordered this one today, does anyone already have it and what do you think.
Very cool knife! Nice blade etch & bolsters! I like it! ::tu:: :)

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I like it. Case sure is making hay while the sun shines with this decade change. This is the first time I've seen that one but they have/had three Mini-Trappers celebrating the turn of the decade. Shepherd hills is out of the one I wanted so I should probably go ahead and snag one of the other two before they're all gone.

This is the one I wanted.
Attachments
SH Case Decade Mini-Trapper.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

jerryd6818 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:34 pm
I like it. Case sure is making hay while the sun shines with this decade change. This is the first time I've seen that one but they have/had three Mini-Trappers celebrating the turn of the decade. Shepherd hills is out of the one I wanted so I should probably go ahead and snag one of the other two before they're all gone.

Very Nice Jerry. I was just at both Missouri SHC stores and I didn't see any of them in the stores.
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

dlr110 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:04 pm
jerryd6818 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:34 pm

Very Nice Jerry. I was just at both Missouri SHC stores and I didn't see any of them in the stores.
Yeah, David. Shoulda, coulda, woulda and now it's too late. Oh well. And life goes on.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

TPK wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:35 am
cody6268 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:27 pm

I have seen Antonini knives on the bay and wondered how they are. Too bad they are going out of business. ::td:: I had my eye on one, guess I should grab it soon. ::hmm:: You picked up some nice ones & Thanks for the tip! ::handshake:: ::tu::

The cutlery firm themselves is still in business, but not the US distributor. Here in the US, Blue Ridge is the only other Antonini distributor, but they only carry the Old Bear Opinel-like knives. And those, really don't interest me that much.

I guess I'll have to start figuring out how to do business directly with the company in Italy.
TPK

Post by TPK »

Just picked this unused 1989 Böker 8388l small stockman out of the bay. Thanks for looking. ::handshake::
Attachments
s-l1600-145.jpg
s-l1600-309.jpg
s-l1600-228.jpg
s-l1600-246.jpg
s-l1600-125.jpg

New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

TPK wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:46 pm Just picked this unused 1989 Böker 8388l small stockman out of the bay. Thanks for looking. ::handshake::
Nice knives everyone. ::tu::

Nice acquisition Tom. ::tu::

Skip
TPK

Post by TPK »

New_Windsor_NY wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:58 pm
TPK wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:46 pm Just picked this unused 1989 Böker 8388l small stockman out of the bay. Thanks for looking. ::handshake::
Nice knives everyone. ::tu::

Nice acquisition Tom. ::tu::
Thanks Skip! ::handshake:: knifegnome has a nice looking black 72 for sale. :wink: ::tu::

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Tracking says these are going to arrive tomorrow. So you're asking yourself, "What the heck are those and what are you going to use them for?" They're small luggage tags and I'm going to label them and attach them to the zipper on my knife folders. A good 75% of my knives are in the pictured knife folders. They're as handy as a pocket on a shirt and hold a lot of knives but they all look alike. No more unzipping them looking for that one particular knife (if I do a good job of labeling them). Obviously these came out of the far East and the cost is extremely low so they're worth a try. It's an experiment and hopefully it works out to my advantage.
Tags - 25 pcs $5,50 (3-20-20).jpg
Folder x 42 (10-24-19).jpg
Homsafe - Modified.jpg
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

A good day's fishin'! Nice catch!!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
TPK

Post by TPK »

jerryd6818 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:35 pm Tracking says these are going to arrive tomorrow. So you're asking yourself, "What the heck are those and what are you going to use them for?" They're small luggage tags and I'm going to label them and attach them to the zipper on my knife folders. A good 75% of my knives are in the pictured knife folders. They're as handy as a pocket on a shirt and hold a lot of knives but they all look alike. No more unzipping them looking for that one particular knife (if I do a good job of labeling them). Obviously these came out of the far East and the cost is extremely low so they're worth a try. It's an experiment and hopefully it works out to my advantage.
Tags - 25 pcs $5,50 (3-20-20).jpg
Folder x 42 (10-24-19).jpg
Homsafe - Modified.jpg
Great idea jerry! ::tu:: :D

TPK

Post by TPK »

Steve Warden wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:06 pm
A good day's fishin'! Nice catch!!
Thanks Steve! ::handshake:: :D

New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

I just bought this, for best offer, Geo. Schrade, single blade, wire jack pocket knife. When I receive it, I'll give it the once over. It doesn't look like it needs much, if any, cleaning. I'll take some pictures and post them in the appropriate location(s).
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Skip

Return to “General Knife Discussion”