Knives in the Wild

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Ivoryman

Re: Knives in the Wild

Post by Ivoryman »

GSPTD and FFF, great pics and love the background. R&T, you too, nice fish and beautiful pics. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: everyone.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 9:45 pm
Madmarco wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 1:58 pm Yah there was, they had a race, rabbit got cocky fell asleep, turtle walked across finish line first, they made a lesson to kids about it, they're talking to Denzel for the movie...you remember, yes? ::shrug::
8)
::hmm:: ... hmmm... that sounds vaguely familiar... based on a true story, I take it... ::paranoid::
Oh yes, absolutely, true as blue! ::paranoid:: :oops: ::sneaky::
8)
8)
Case XX 6383

Post by Case XX 6383 »

XX 83 took hunting with me today
Attachments
20230520_082336.jpg
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Case XX 6383 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 1:30 pm XX 83 took hunting with me today
That is a beautiful knife.
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

doglegg wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 1:32 pm
That is a beautiful knife.
It sure is!!
Tim
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” - Ronald Reagan
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Wooooooe, is that @#$%^&*! gorgeous. Woe.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Case XX 6383

Post by Case XX 6383 »

Thanks guys! I'm a 83 man
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Madmarco wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 2:35 am
Madmarco wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 1:58 pm Yah there was, they had a race, rabbit got cocky fell asleep, turtle walked across finish line first, they made a lesson to kids about it, they're talking to Denzel for the movie...you remember, yes? ::shrug::
8)

Mark, I thought about trying to start a 'biddness breeding turtles/tortoises as way to "loose" some money and have a tax write off. ::hmm:: But my accountant advised against it, ::paranoid:: he said that the IRS would consider it a "Shell Corporation" ... ::facepalm::
Attachments
DSCF2428.JPG
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:08 pm
8)

Mark, I thought about trying to start a 'biddness breeding turtles/tortoises as way to "loose" some money and have a tax write off. ::hmm:: But my accountant advised against it, ::paranoid:: he said that the IRS would consider it a "Shell Corporation" ... ::facepalm::
::dang:: ::facepalm:: :lol: :-D :lol:
Tim
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” - Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

8)

::dang:: ::facepalm:: :lol: :D :lol:
8)
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Madmarco wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:12 am
::dang:: ::facepalm:: :lol: :D :lol:
Come back again folks, two shows every Monday and don't forget to tip your waitresses... :wink:...

P.S. ::hmm:: ... (I don't use "server" I don't go for this new fancy talking "New-Speak" P.C. lingo ...Bah! Humbug!)
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

8)

::rotflol:: ::clapping:: ::not_worthy:: Hilarious. But what you should do is butcher a few of those babies and start up a knife scales company like Culpeppers. You'd be the only one around with such cool shell slabs for handles. ::tu:: ::tu::
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Ivoryman wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:04 am
::rotflol:: ::clapping:: ::not_worthy:: Hilarious. But what you should do is butcher a few of those babies and start up a knife scales company like Culpeppers. You'd be the only one around with such cool shell slabs for handles. ::tu:: ::tu::
I-Man, I am too big of a softie when it comes to hurting animals like them ol' tortoises... ::teary_eyes:: ... ::paranoid:: ...but... ::paranoid:: maybe I could hire someone to do the "culling" for me ... ::hmm:: ::sneaky::

Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:10 am
I-Man, I am too big of a softie when it comes to hurting animals like them ol' tortoises... ::teary_eyes:: ... ::paranoid:: ...but... ::paranoid:: maybe I could hire someone to do the "culling" for me ... ::hmm:: ::sneaky::
::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::clapping:: Of course you know I'm joking. But with that color I bet they would make great scales.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Ivoryman wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:13 am
GSPTOPDOG wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:10 am

::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::clapping:: Of course you know I'm joking. But with that color I bet they would make great scales.
::tu:: Oh yes! ... ::sneaky:: and you might know, ::paranoid:: the best material for a pocketknife cases comes from new-born baby seal pup fur... ::sneaky::

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

When I was in Mexico on our honeymoon way back in 1975, we went out on a deep-sea fishing charter, 50 miles out and 50 miles back, and on the return trip I witnessed something awful!
I was sitting back sucking on a beer when one of the crew jumped up in excitement and started waving the captain over to something he spotted floating on the surface. As the boat approached I could see it was a HUGE sea turtle just up sunning himself. A crew member then proceeded to gaff the poor thing and drag it up onboard, at which point another crew member began bashing it's head with a wooden mallet. My wife and I were both cringing in disgust when the dude with the mallet motioned to me to come over and give it a whack, to which I gracefully declined. Had I know what was coming next I'd have flipped that ole' sailor back overboard to safety, but not knowing I just stood there. By this time we were asking if all this was legal, to which they replied, "good soup" and flipped the turtle on it's back, whipped out a filet knife, and cut all the way around the breastplate til it was completely separate from the rest of the body. Two of them grabbed the breastplate and unceremoniously dumped it into the sea to sink to the bottom. The same two crew then took their knives and began dissecting the still moving organs and putting them in a pail for soup later! don't know if anyone has seen the inner workings of a giant sea turtle but you can take my word for it, there are lots of moving parts but the crew only kept the legs and a couple of the organs, and dumped the entire remainder of the carcass overboard in order to hide the evidence forever.
It was then that one guy came up to us and said, "no tell, o.k., not suppose to kill turtle", and it became clear why they had asked me to whack the turtle, it was so they could blame it on us if they got caught. I tried to rationalize that they're poor fishermen trying to feed their families, and although nothing was ever said to the authorities the whole deal has never sat right with me.
I mean, a creature that's likely been around for hundreds of years destroyed in less than half an hour for some turtle soup! :x
Have I ever told you about the water in Mexico? ::shrug:: lol!
8)
8)
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Madmarco wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 2:54 am When I was in Mexico on our honeymoon way back in 1975, we went out on a deep-sea fishing charter, 50 miles out and 50 miles back, and on the return trip I witnessed something awful!...I mean, a creature that's likely been around for hundreds of years destroyed in less than half an hour for some turtle soup! :x
8)
Thanks Mark... ::disgust:: now I won't be able to sleep tonight without nightmares :x

tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

That’s sickening, Marco! I’m sure that was terrible to,watch! The beach we go to has a large group of volunteers who seek out turtle nests on the beach, mark them off for protection, then go sit in their folding chairs at night when they’ve determined hatching will take place so the babies can make it safely from the nest way up on the beach to the water.
Tim
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Sorry if my story was too graphic and/or upsetting, guys, the conversation was just leaning that way so I thought I'd contribute. ::facepalm::
Dog, maybe if you count sea turtles floating on the surface of a vast ocean it'll help put you to sleep without nightmares. ::shrug::
Tim, thanks for telling us your story about the volunteers, that's the kind of stuff I like reading about, but it also makes me wonder why ALL people can't seem to act that way.
Although I certainly understand the need to feed one's family, I can't condone some of the ways they accomplish that. ::huff::
8)
8)
slick95
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by slick95 »

Saw a “buck” sitting on a rock today.
Attachments
9DF5B8FC-60BC-4441-92D9-E34CA0FBE163.jpeg
Cody
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Madmarco wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:10 pm Sorry if my story was too graphic and/or upsetting, guys, the conversation was just leaning that way so I thought I'd contribute. ::facepalm::
Dog, maybe if you count sea turtles floating on the surface of a vast ocean it'll help put you to sleep without nightmares. ::shrug::
Tim, thanks for telling us your story about the volunteers, that's the kind of stuff I like reading about, but it also makes me wonder why ALL people can't seem to act that way.
Although I certainly understand the need to feed one's family, I can't condone some of the ways they accomplish that. ::huff::
8)
Sorry Mark, I am too tierd to ::zzz:: ::zzz:: respond too much today after a terrible sleepless night :x ... almost as bad as being in Seatle! :x ::td:: ::bad_day:: ::bad_day:: ::lightening::

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

No problem, Princess, ::poke:: ::stir:: ::smack:: we'll carry-on after you've had a good night's sleep!
8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Somehow I missed your post first time round, Case XX, I guess I was bantering with GSPTD. ::facepalm::
That's a beautiful knife you posted, I'm really liking the warm creamy color of the covers. ::tu::
8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

slick95 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:38 pm Saw a “buck” sitting on a rock today.
Cool Buck, great shot, Slick! ::tu::
::welcome:: to AAPK! ::handshake::
8)
8)
slick95
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by slick95 »

Thanks for the warm welcome. Glad to be here. ::handshake::
Cody

Return to “General Knife Discussion”