New Policy

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
just bob

New Policy

Post by just bob »

I was following an auction on Auction Zip that had a listing for several knives. Overnight the pictures were taken down and any reference to knife was removed from the auction listing. I emailed the auctioneer and asked what happened. This is their response;

Auction Zip and Facebook are anit-weapons of any kind. They've changed policies and make it very difficult for us to market certain items. But we're working on a few different ways to navigate around that.

Must not be on all types of knives because I just searched for knives on Auction Zip and several auctions came up. Anyone else know anything about this? I use Auction Zip a lot.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Lansky1

Re: New Policy

Post by Lansky1 »

Yet another reason to never subscribe to Facebook ... by “weapons of any kind” - I presume they blindly consider a peanut size slip joint a weapon. ::facepalm::
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

This might explain something for me. I have two Facebook pages and about a month or so back I found out that I could no longer login or out of my page David's Blades, but I still had complete control on my family page. The David's Blades is still there and hasn't been taken down yet, but it can only be viewed as is. Could this be FACEBOOK messing with me?
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

I got a paper cut today.. Since it drew blood is it a 'Weapon of ANY kind" ??? ::disgust:: ::td:: ::disgust::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

jmh58 wrote:I got a paper cut today.. Since it drew blood is it a 'Weapon of ANY kind" ??? ::disgust:: ::td:: ::disgust::
John :D
The new weapon of mass destruction.
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

That doesn't sound right.There are tons of knives,live auctions,reserve auctions,knife groups etc. That goes on every day on Facebook.I can't imagine auctionzip being anti knife either.I viewed a gun auction yesterday.
Roger
just bob

Post by just bob »

This is Auction Zip's guidelines;

What are AuctionZip's Marketplace Standards?

AuctionZip updated our Marketplace Standards on June 7, 2018. This update prohibits the sale on Invaluable of any items that glorify or promote hate, including Holocaust-related items, Nazi-related items or other items from WWII, and any items from White Supremacists or other known hate groups. We also have prohibited "assault-style" semi-automatic rifles, Class III weapons, bump stocks and Rhino horn from the marketplace. If an auction house's catalogs contain such items, bidders will see a blank screen until the auctioneer moves on to the next non-restricted item in the sale.

This is Facebook from what I see and I'm not a member. Notice it does say non culinary knives / blades. I think the auction house ran their auctions on their Facebook page and Facebook squawked. Instead of having one auction listing for auction zip and one for Facebook they want to just create one listing and use it in both places. Would that make sense and be right?

Blogs or groups connecting people with weapon-related interests, as long as the service doesn't lead to the sale of these products

Safety courses for firearm training or licenses, and books and videos about firearm safety

Plastic guns, swords and toy weapons

Mounted flashlights for firearms (must set ad audience minimum age to 18 years old or over)

Scopes and sights for firearms (must set ad audience minimum age to 18 years old or over)

Hunting, self-defense, and military clothing and gear such as shooting targets and clay throwers (must set ad audience minimum age to 18 years old or over)

Holsters and belt accessories (must set ad audience minimum age to 18 years old or over)

Gun safes, mounts (including bipods), gun cases, and slings (must set ad audience minimum age to 18 years old or over)

Equipment and protective clothing (including vests) (must set ad audience minimum age to 18 years old or over)

Paint, coatings or wraps for weapons and magazines (must set ad audience minimum age to 18 years old or over)

Firearms, including firearms parts, ammunition, paintball guns and bb guns

Firearm silencers or suppressors

Weapons of any kind, including pepper spray, non-culinary knives/blades/spears, tasers, nun chucks, batons, or weapons intended for self-defense

Fireworks and explosives

Ads promoting the brandishing of firearms
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”