Red Trout Knife Co

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
ea42

Re: Red Trout Knife Co

Post by ea42 »

Mark and Tony you're very welcome, it's my pleasure!

Eric
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I missed Eric's jack so I couldn't pass these up!
I got the one with the blue rope bone.
I can't wait to get it! ::ds::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
ea42

Post by ea42 »

Dale that's a great choice! That's the same bone that was used on Schrade's 100th Ann. cigar box set, as well as on a couple of Canal Street knives. Schrade had barely started on those anniversary knives when they suddenly closed down, so there was a mess of that bone left over at the factory. Dave Swinden snagged a bunch of it during one of his clandestine forays into the closed factory. It was used on a few limited edition CS knives, I think the moonpie, half moonpie and the swell center jack. After Canal Street closed I grabbed some boxes of it that were on their way to the dumpster. Thank goodness I spotted them! Gotta keep the line going, it's what knife lore is all about! It'd be cool to have knives from each generation so to speak.

Eric
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

ea42 wrote:Dale that's a great choice! That's the same bone that was used on Schrade's 100th Ann. cigar box set, as well as on a couple of Canal Street knives. Schrade had barely started on those anniversary knives when they suddenly closed down, so there was a mess of that bone left over at the factory. Dave Swinden snagged a bunch of it during one of his clandestine forays into the closed factory. It was used on a few limited edition CS knives, I think the moonpie, half moonpie and the swell center jack. After Canal Street closed I grabbed some boxes of it that were on their way to the dumpster. Thank goodness I spotted them! Gotta keep the line going, it's what knife lore is all about! It'd be cool to have knives from each generation so to speak.

Eric

Eric, thank you for posting that. That is the same one that I bought. I have one of those Schrades and I bought this one because I thought it looked the same. Very interesting information. Makes this knife even more special.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Thanks for the information Eric, I thought that was probably some of that blue rope bone from the 100th Anniversary set. I've always admired it but I've never had a knife with that bone. It's kind of like the bone that would not die being rescued from the Schrade factory and then from Canal Street. It looks like the third time is the charm for it!

I can't wait for it to get here. ::super_happy::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Coreysbu

Post by Coreysbu »

Eric and Mr. Redtrout did a damn good job on these. Both these guys are tremendous people and have been very good to me. I would buy more of these, but I think these need to be spread out for all to enjoy.

Cheers,
Corey
Attachments
20190615_211440.jpg
20190615_211356.jpg
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

orvet wrote:Thanks for the information Eric, I thought that was probably some of that blue rope bone from the 100th Anniversary set. I've always admired it but I've never had a knife with that bone. It's kind of like the bone that would not die being rescued from the Schrade factory and then from Canal Street. It looks like the third time is the charm for it!

I can't wait for it to get here. ::super_happy::

Dale and Eric, got my blue rope jigged today. I dug out the Schrade knife that I have that has the same bone handle. Side by side you can see that they came from the same place. Does anyone know if this was part of that anniversary set Schrade made? I bought this Schrade off the Chris Kirk knife show shortly after Schrade closed. I can’t remember the details and it came with no box. He had a lot of these to sell at that time, wish I had bought several.
Oh, and I love the knife, great job on these.
Attachments
IMG_0636.jpeg
IMG_0639.jpeg
IMG_0640.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
ea42

Post by ea42 »

Mark, yes that's one of the anniversary knives. The only thing missing is the shield and blade etch, which was the point a majority of them didn't reach. That's a great example. Glad you like the knife! ::tu::

Eric
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Well. blue is my favorite color so I just picked up the blue rope knife. ::tu:: ::tu::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
dcpritch

Post by dcpritch »

I sure appreciate all the info posted by you gents about the Redtrout Boy's Knife. I just spoke with Rich on the phone and as a result of that conversation more than one of these beauties is headed my way. ::tu::
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

I have just added these two beauties to my collection. The quality is amazing on both knives. I wish I could afford to purchase one of each handle material but that's not happening. These two will make a great representative sampling of the Red Trout line of knives with deep roots in Canal Street. Kudos to Rich and Eric on a job very well done. ::tu:: ::handshake:: ::tu::
Attachments
IMG_5734.JPG
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

They look super!
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

These knives are the perfect size and blade profile to carry in your pocket and serve you well for the rest of your life. Most of us rarely need a bigger knife. But i bet most of these Red Trout knives will be loved and admired on occasion and then returned to a safe storage spot.
I am sure Eric put every effort into every blade to give it a nice even thin grind and hair poppin' sharpness the full length of the blade.
Don't let Eric's efforts be for 'nothing'. These Red Trout knives deserve to be used, regularly. They will not loose their beauty and whatever evidence of use they acquire will be cherished by those who inherit them.
kj
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

You said it Roland ::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

You guys are enablers, do you hear me? :)
red trout 1.jpg

I wish I had jumped on these sooner. What a great little knife, great work, Eric!
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Ohhhh Glenn that's purty ! ::tu::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

philco wrote:Ohhhh Glenn that's purty ! ::tu::
Thanks! Stag would have been nice, but this one is pretty sweet too!
JSutter

Post by JSutter »

Those are good looking pocketknives.
John
Drukai

Post by Drukai »

My want is so high beautiful knives!
"I don't think you can ever do your best. Doing your best is a process of trying to do your best". Townes Van Zandt

In search of GEC 15 Farm Boy knife user or new(My Grail)

Return to “General Knife Discussion”