Photo tips?

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
OSCAR

Photo tips?

Post by OSCAR »

The attachment 11309A20-C2D9-4263-81DB-CFD511E47A61.jpeg is no longer available
Eight new additions to my collection this month but pics I take are mediocre. I see awesome knife photos posted here. Any tips on clearer pics would be appreciated. Thanks
Attachments
8C6F98D1-580F-4F84-9DCA-0319D3B3C413.jpeg
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Photo tips?

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

How are you doing it now? Do you use a phone camera or another means such a a DSLR? There was a thread a while back where many people showed their setups, including mine.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55182&hilit=photos
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Thank you Oscar for bringing this up.
And thank you OLDE for the link.
Big help!
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

I use one of those "Point-and-Shoot" cameras. I experiment with different light settings and displays, and then I adjust accordingly. It's fun to just experiment and see what you can come up with. ::nod::

IMG_0582.JPG
IMG_2782.JPG
IMG_2135.JPG
IMG_2728.JPG
"If there are no Dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went". Will Rogers

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

My pictures are not great but (at least to me) they're better than they used to be.

1.) Make sure you have plenty of light (but not too much. Play with it.)
2.) Use a tripod.
3.) Use a FREE image program called PhotoScape to adjust the picture to your liking. It's not quite as powerful as Photoshop but it's pretty darned good and once you get used to it, it's very easy to use.

Unless of course you're using a smart phone. In that case you need to send the image to your PC to be massaged with PhotoScape.
Attachments
11309A20-C2D9-4263-81DB-CFD511E47A61.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

The reason I do not have and do not use any photo software is the last one I had, paid $40 for it, was called Photo Explosion Deluxe. It either had malware on the installation disc, or the updates that it downloaded automatically had malware in them. My anti malware was finding PUPS all the time and did not go away until I uninstalled the software and threw it in the trash within a few days of buying it. The one I tried prior to that was a free download that turned out to be full of virus.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I've been using PhotoScape for a bunch of years and can guarantee you that it is as clean as a fresh washed baby's butt. If you don't want to use it, that's fine. That's your choice but if you don't want to use it because you fear it may contain malware then you're missing out on a good product because of a false fear.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “General Knife Discussion”