2019 AAPK Forum Knife

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: 2019 AAPK Forum Knife

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Mumbleypeg wrote:
Sharpnshinyknives wrote:When is it “good form” to buy more than one of these knives? Don’t want to jump ahead of others, but interested in buying multiples. So how long to wait to give all a chance?
If my calculation is correct tomorrow will be one week since Bryan sent notification emails and posted the 2019 Forum knives for sale in the AAPK store. IMHO after a week (after tomorrow) would be fair game to buy more than one if you're so inclined. JMO

Ken

Thanks Ken, that was what I was thinking, decided to wait until I get the one I ordered to see if I want another one. That is if they haven’t all sold out by then.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

Well into my 4th year of AAPK membership now and my 4th AAPK yearly club knife that was mailed today 08/13/19 (Thanks Bryan)
I set financial priorities for expenses, they are as follows: (Not necessarily in stated order)

Mortgage Payment:
Auto Insurance:
AAPK yearly club knives:
Roger and Ken's "Born Again Maher & Grosh Knives" (Since first edition August 2016):
::ds::
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Old Folder wrote:Well into my 4th year of AAPK membership now and my 4th AAPK yearly club knife that was mailed today 08/13/19 (Thanks Bryan)
I set financial priorities for expenses, they are as follows: (Not necessarily in stated order)

Mortgage Payment:
Auto Insurance:
AAPK yearly club knives:
Roger and Ken's "Born Again Maher & Grosh Knives" (Since first edition August 2016):
Dan,they will be ready very soon. ::tu::
Roger
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

peanut740 wrote:
Old Folder wrote:Well into my 4th year of AAPK membership now and my 4th AAPK yearly club knife that was mailed today 08/13/19 (Thanks Bryan)

Mortgage Payment:
Auto Insurance:
AAPK yearly club knives:
Dan,they will be ready very soon. ::tu::
Thank you for the info Roger. ::groove::
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

AAPK, on it's way. Tracking says it will be here on Friday but most of the time the package beats the projected delivery date by a day so I'm thinking tomorrow. The fact that it's only coming 300 miles has no influence on the postal system.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

jerryd6818 wrote:AAPK, on it's way. Tracking says it will be here on Friday but most of the time the package beats the projected delivery date by a day so I'm thinking tomorrow. The fact that it's only coming 300 miles has no influence on the postal system.
True! It probably went by way of Los Angeles. ::doh::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Mumbleypeg wrote:
jerryd6818 wrote:AAPK, on it's way. Tracking says it will be here on Friday but most of the time the package beats the projected delivery date by a day so I'm thinking tomorrow. The fact that it's only coming 300 miles has no influence on the postal system.
True! It probably went by way of Los Angeles. ::doh::

Ken
It wouldn't be the first time. :lol:
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Just saw confirmation that mine hit the Front Desk at home, can't wait to see it!!!

#TheEagleHasLanded ::tu:: ::tu::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
blackfox1
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by blackfox1 »

It arrived !! I honestly ran to the mailbox....

She is gorgeous ! Great looking knife.

Thanks for the opportunity to have one.

Tom
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

blackfox1 wrote:It arrived !! I honestly ran to the mailbox....

She is gorgeous ! Great looking knife.

Thanks for the opportunity to have one.

Tom
Pics or it didn't happen. :mrgreen: Congratulations on getting one! ::tu::
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
blackfox1
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by blackfox1 »

aapk 2019 1.jpg
aapk 2019 2.jpg
There she is....
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Thanks Tom! She's a beauty!
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I got mine. AAPK on the dashboard! :mrgreen:
20190814_120410-1.jpg
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Winchester M21

Post by Winchester M21 »

Here it is ladies and gentlemen!! My first GEC and I like it!!
751CB527-1C56-4C66-B449-8E1B2E36A3F6.jpeg
31EB98CF-CF55-434D-966D-351D77ECA741.jpeg
F6E89C3C-4B6A-4D3B-9790-B7E391D74C06.jpeg
Life is too short to carry an ugly knife!!
Shawn
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Just noticed the blade has both a long pull and a nail-nick - that is a unique design. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Thank you for bringing that up Old Folder! Yea, I've never seen that on the same knife before. I don't know if I like it, or don't like it... ::hmm:: But it is unique, so that gives the knife a lot of character. Still, I am probably not going to cave in and buy one. To many Imperials and Queens taking up the pocket book :mrgreen: Still, I ike beeg knives... ::ds::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Schradenut wrote:5. Price. At $105 it is very reasonable
I have found this to be the case in every AAPK knife release since I joined, and more than once Bryan has jumped through hoops to facilitate a knife or a shipment to me. I carry mine with pride, often, and will do so with our 2019 version too.
bestgear wrote:On my soapbox......... ::stir::

I sure hope that the benefactors of this forum recognize that the small profit from the sale of these annual knives contributes to the AAPK order-as-a-whole which I believe is important to the longevity and fiscal health of this online community. I'm amazed that almost a week after these 103 knives went up for sale that 19 still remain available which means that 84 have been spoken for which probably translates to about 75-80 actual buyers. Now I know having been around here for a few moons that more that 75-80 people have benefited from AAPK and could afford this years annual knife but for some reason have decided not to pull the trigger. I ask that if you are on the fence about getting one that you consider what it might be like to browse your way to AAPK one morning to find our online community silent forever. Shocking - Yes. Probable - No. Possible - Absolutely.

Come on folks, let's get these remaining knives spoken for so that Bryan can focus his energy on other AAPK projects.

Off my soapbox.......... ::handshake::
This is why I pulled the trigger on 2 knives immediately and remain receptive to the availability of a factory 2nd should any come out of this run. If I sensed we had a shortage I would have advised Bryan to hold back one but after a few days I didn't see any availability issues. Selling AAPK knives supports our forum and we also support each other as collectors. The knives WILL get out there.

Mine should be here tomorrow. ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: Going to leave some room in my LFP for this big fella.
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

"bestgear" You post is full of very pertinent facts. I was umming and arring about purchasing one, but after reading your post and "Schradenut's " i decided to pull the trigger and purchase. $105 for a GEC, supporting the forum was good value. WAS. Worked out my postage on the website of seller. $111. Combine the two=$313 Australian, sorry, i do not think so. How they come up with $111 for postage i have no idea. The most i have paid for postage from USA has been $28US, for a knife sharpener which was alot heavier and bigger by volume. So as much as i agree with your sentiments, you can leave me out. This is in no way any sort of criticism of AAPK or any forum members, just a very flawed business plan.
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Contact Bryan directly on the site. I've never heard of our Aussie members having to spend that much for shipping. There are some weird international shipping laws for knives at times but I am sure we have other Aussies participating in knife guys/trades here. It could just be an unanticipated glitch in the shopping cart or listing.

Bryan has gone to the mat for me before to get me an AAPK knife, in various ways, and I have no doubt he will accommodate as best he can. Send him a PM or email and I'm sure he can help. ::tu::
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

cudgee, you might send a private message to this seller (Bryan) through the store, I believe there may be an error in the way the postage is figured. It appears to me to be a wrong choice on the type of shipping.
The price quoted is about what the USP GXG shipping is, and probably the most expensive way to ship something internationally. I think it's intended for high priority documents and not for merchandise. It should arrive in 1 to 3 days when sent by GXG. The USPS website listed at $101 USD.

A much better option for shipping I think is the Priority Mail small flat rate box. It will ship to Australia for $37.50 USD.

You might message Bryan through the store and ask him if you can get a different option on shipping. Ask for Priority Mail, small flat rate box and I would think it would make it much more reasonable to purchase.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Push comes to shove one of us can buy a knife for you and arrange to ship individually to you. Try Bryan first, though, he's your best bet.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

orvet wrote:cudgee, you might send a private message to this seller (Bryan) through the store, I believe there may be an error in the way the postage is figured. It appears to me to be a wrong choice on the type of shipping.
The price quoted is about what the USP GXG shipping is, and probably the most expensive way to ship something internationally. I think it's intended for high priority documents and not for merchandise. It should arrive in 1 to 3 days when sent by GXG. The USPS website listed at $101 USD.

A much better option for shipping I think is the Priority Mail small flat rate box. It will ship to Australia for $37.50 USD.

You might message Bryan through the store and ask him if you can get a different option on shipping. Ask for Priority Mail, small flat rate box and I would think it would make it much more reasonable to purchase.
Orvet, thank you for your imput. ::tu:: I thought that it did not seem right, so i sent the seller a message to clarify the situation, they have not bothered to get back to me, so i have gone sour on the whole deal. I realize that times have changed, and the days of going into a shop and handling whatever you want to buy are becoming less and less. ::undecided:: But there has to be a trade off, and if they want us, the CUSTOMER to be channeled down the online shopping path, then these companies have to make sure that their customer service is up to speed. And any company, and i can name a few well known knife companies but i won't, that does not bother to reply to my enquiries are telling me they do not want my business. They cannot have it both ways, there are plenty of people and companies that do want my dollar, and i will support them. But thank you for all your help and concern. :D ::handshake::
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

You do understand the entire operation of maintaining the whole forum, stores, etc. which comprise AAPK is handled by this same "seller" - as essentially a one-man operation - IN ADDITION TO designing, special-ordering and procuring the knives through GEC, then turning those knives around to pack and ship to waiting members across the globe, all to make a unique and high-quality knife available to the users here, right?

Try PMing Bryan through the forum. He's posted on this thread already. Our collective experiences in dealing with Bryan over the years do not track with the implied dismissiveness you seem to be lambasting. It is entirely possible the man simply...missed your email inquiry on the middle of prepping and shipping over 100 knives.

Don't want to come off as ranting but Bryan deserves a little credit and leeway in dealing with a purchase from literally the other side of the planet.
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

::tu:: ::nod::
Well I am starting to lean well over, just about going to fall off the fence... :mrgreen: :lol:
Thank you for reposting bestgears post Tsar ::tu::
$105 plus $14-$15 shipping is a VERY good deal on a highly desired GEC. And you are supporting Bryan/AAPK on top of it. I just have to scrape together some more $. Not to much, so should be able to work it up within a day or two. Just hopefully everyone doesn't decide to pick all the rest up... :mrgreen:
::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Tsar Bomba wrote:You do understand the entire operation of maintaining the whole forum, stores, etc. which comprise AAPK is handled by this same "seller" - as essentially a one-man operation - IN ADDITION TO designing, special-ordering and procuring the knives through GEC, then turning those knives around to pack and ship to waiting members across the globe, all to make a unique and high-quality knife available to the users here, right?

Try PMing Bryan through the forum. He's posted on this thread already. Our collective experiences in dealing with Bryan over the years do not track with the implied dismissiveness you seem to be lambasting. It is entirely possible the man simply...missed your email inquiry on the middle of prepping and shipping over 100 knives.

Don't want to come off as ranting but Bryan deserves a little credit and leeway in dealing with a purchase from literally the other side of the planet.
I am new to the forum and do not know the internal workings of it, untill recently i had no idea who Brian was. I am not having a go at Brian, so can we clear that up straight away, i had no idea he was connected with the selling site. I was under the impression it was a knife seller contracted to sell AAPK collector knives, as i presume all other listed sellers are in some way licensed to sell on this site. So my rant was no way directed at Brian, okay. But now that it has been explained to me, he is obviously busy at the moment and has not had time to get back to me, i fully understand that. I know i am on the other side of the planet, and that is what can make it difficult purchasing cutlery.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”