The Knives Of Doug Webber - dweb 1897

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Brumbydownunder

The Knives Of Doug Webber - dweb 1897

Post by Brumbydownunder »

By now most would be aware of the sad passing of Doug Webber and I hope, read the touching tribute from his Mate Downunder Tony (Schradenut)
https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kn ... =2&t=63710

I sure many have also bought or traded knives with Doug over the years and I thought it would be a fitting way to pay our respects to Doug to post a picture of those knives - or if you haven't traded with him, perhaps your favorite Schrade knife - Doug's favorite maker.

This is mine a 'Rigid' - made by Canal Street
DSCN8642.JPG
Thank you ... Derek
"Belong Where The Moment Finds You"
tongueriver

Re: The Knives Of Doug Webber - dweb 1897

Post by tongueriver »

Very nice idea! I bought seven out of this lot of fixed blades from Doug very recently.
Schrades by Herman.jpg
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

What a fine display ! A lot of time & effort went into making this display 'structure' which allows you to see and compare various blade styles, etc. Nice one Doug ! And thanks to Calvin for posting it.
kj
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Brumbydownunder wrote:By now most would be aware of the sad passing of Doug Webber and I hope, read the touching tribute from his Mate Downunder Tony (Schradenut)
https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kn ... =2&t=63710

I sure many have also bought or traded knives with Doug over the years and I thought it would be a fitting way to pay our respects to Doug to post a picture of those knives - or if you haven't traded with him, perhaps your favorite Schrade knife - Doug's favorite maker.

This is mine a 'Rigid' - made by Canal Street

DSCN8642.JPG

Thank you ... Derek
Wonderful idea Bdu. I don't have any of his knives but know he had some awesome ones. ::handshake::
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

I have no dweb knives, but my little Walden will happily pay tribute. I’m going to miss his posts. ::teary_eyes::
DB3F65FA-42F9-4D9A-82DA-BC96CE4558F9.jpeg
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Doug "loosed the bonds of earth.

P1010266.JPG
Brumbydownunder

tongueriver wrote:Very nice idea! I bought seven out of this lot of fixed blades from Doug very recently.Schrades by Herman.jpg
You are a very fortunate man Cal .... whenever I saw photos of Doug's knives I just shook my head in total admiration.
The number of very high quality knives he assembled was amazing.
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Unless there was a change in plans, he donated his ENTIRE COLLECTION of white bone knives to a favorite charity related to Veterans; I can't remember exactly. You can see a photo of them in a post by Doug on THIS page:
https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kn ... 4&start=75
jxr1197

Post by jxr1197 »

tongueriver wrote:Unless there was a change in plans, he donated his ENTIRE COLLECTION of white bone knives to a favorite charity related to Veterans; I can't remember exactly.
It's the VFW that is supposed to receive the white bones and he wanted to have a plaque added to the display detailing the craftsmanship of the contents. He also spoke of leaving his incredible custom Sharpfinger collection to Herman's grandson. Both are perfect fates for those knives.

I'll add a couple Doug knife pics here too. I think we can all agree the man had impeccable taste in knives -
ACBs1.jpg
dougs2203.jpg
- Jason
jxr1197

Post by jxr1197 »

Another one of Doug’s knives. I’m carrying this one today.
2E38955E-4758-41B6-84EF-3C5B81F05BB4.jpeg
- Jason
Brumbydownunder

Jason those customized Schrades are something else. ::tu::
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Brumbydownunder wrote:Jason those customized Schrades are something else. ::tu::
Taking a 2OT to a whole new level! ::tu::
Schradenut
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Schradenut »

Brumbydownunder, this is a great initiative. A lot of guys have been fortunate enough to have secured some of Doug's gems....and he had heaps of them.
There is only one special one that comes to mind as i didn't usually buy or be given knives by Doug. Over the last 4 years Doug would have sent me somewhere between 35-40 Large Flat Rate boxes full to the brim with amazing Schrade knives. Because of this extraordinary amount of work to ship these knives i paid him in kind with special knives that he may have mentioned that he was keen on. He was happy and i was extremely happy.
The special ones he had made for us as friendship knives were Schrade Heritage 8104 Whittlers appropriately engraved with each of our initials. Mine was AM42-55DW and his was DW55-42AM, both covered in Snakewood and having the blades beautifully files. All the work was done by Herman Williams the Master Craftsman.
Attachments
P1030636.JPG
P1030637.JPG
P1030638.JPG
P1030639.JPG
P1030640.JPG
P1030644.JPG
P1030646.JPG
DocZ2006
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DocZ2006 »

Doug and I have bought, sold, and traded with each other for some time. All told, Doug is the main reason I have many of my best knives. This is one of the last knives he sent to me.
We kind of bought it together. We both wanted it so we set an over/under on the auction. Under a certain dollar it was his, Over and it was mine. I placed the bid, he won so I had it shipped to him. He made sure it came back to me.
Attachments
SCHRADE 153 BLUE BONE PRO HUNTER PROTOTYPE SAMPLE KNIFE SERIAL #000 Image 1.jpg
SCHRADE 153 BLUE BONE PRO HUNTER PROTOTYPE SAMPLE KNIFE SERIAL #000 Image 4.jpg
SCHRADE 153 BLUE BONE PRO HUNTER PROTOTYPE SAMPLE KNIFE SERIAL #000 Image 5.jpg
Kulrich

Post by Kulrich »

I hated to hear of Doug's passing. Doug and I had a mutual fondness for the Aurum etched knives. We bought/sold between each other and did some trading, stand up guy. I know Doug had been ill for some time (misdiagnosed at the VA for the past 5 years) but he had recently got a new doctor and a correct diagnosis and had renewed hope for some more time. Recently we did a blind trade and he sent me the fourth knife down, middle row of the above collection-it's a keeper as I got the better end of the deal. Although Doug and I never met face to face I will miss him. He was planning on attending next years Blade Show and we had plans to meet up there, sorry I will miss that opportunity. Doug had one hell of a collection. He told of his plans for his knives, I hope he was able to put it all together before he passed. God Bless.
Freedom: You have the right to be you, I have the right to be free of you.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”