Two knives one no name but handles similar

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
raincrowe

Two knives one no name but handles similar

Post by raincrowe »

The 3 inch small knife has an airplane on the shield with no marking on the blade... I was curious about the maker.... I found it's similarity akin to the handles on a knife marked... Judson Cutlery Co......barlow style 3 1/4 inches wholesale knife made Ger/US between 1900-1940....I believe the small knife to be a boys knife....wanting to see if anyone has more information...maybe the type of aircraft and it's purpose?....If the time period would make it pre-war....but then again it's just a guess....looking forward to all discussion!! ::tu::
Attachments
SAM_1087.JPG
SAM_1084.JPG
SAM_1086.JPG
SAM_1085.JPG
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Two knives one no name but handles similar

Post by doglegg »

Raincrowe you seem to have stumped us with this one. Interesting shield.
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

Most likely both made by Imperial. Most (not all) of the Judson marked knives that I have seen were made on contract by Imperial, judging from the construction and the handle materials.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
raincrowe

Post by raincrowe »

Thanks for the response...the image of the plane is certainly a mystery don't recall seeing another one like it..
Does anyone have any theory as to purpose or style if so I would like to hear it perhaps we'll never know !! :?
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Could well have been made by Camillus/Syracuse Knife Co. The handle material closely matches some of their knives. Syracuse brand by Camillus made knives with specialty shields much like this.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
raincrowe

Post by raincrowe »

Thanks.....Interesting.....Thus meaning that Camillus/Syracuse Knife Co. made knives in small batches with specialty shields....Do they or any other knife company still offer that service?... Would be nice to see some others out there!!
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

If you have enough money I suspect you could get just about anything you want. Case recently made some knives with special custom shields for Tractor Supply but I'm not sure how many were made or what their minimum quantity would be for a custom shield. Their quantity minimum for custom blade engraving and custom advertising type handle covers used to be fairly low - like 100 knives, as recent as within the last 20 years.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:49 pm Case recently made some knives with special custom shields for Tractor Supply.

Ken
I have a Mini-Trapper in Oatmeal Bone with the Tractor Supply Barn shield. It was made in 2013. Not positive but I think there are other years (& patterns) with that shield. Case also made a few specials for Carhartt with the Carhartt shield. Same year, 2013. There are more but those are the few that pop into my mind.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
raincrowe

Post by raincrowe »

Yeah...I suppose if you ordered a certain amount of knives I guess get what you want...I did pick up a nice knife the other day for $25...... Texas Hold em on the shield made by Smith & Wesson...... Hammer forged stamped on the back of big blade....Good made Knife
Attachments
SAM_1129 (2).JPG
SAM_1133 (2).JPG

Return to “General Knife Discussion”