Amarillo gun and knife show

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
espn77

Amarillo gun and knife show

Post by espn77 »

I haven't set up to sell in a long time, now I remember why. People in this area just aren't into old knives. Didn't have a very good day as far as sales go but talking to some great guys. Here is my display.
Attachments
20191019_175659.jpg
20191019_175646.jpg
20191019_175629.jpg
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Re: Amarillo gun and knife show

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

I would have been drooling all over your table...

Around here, to get customers, you have to have a booth full of AR & AK parts and/or plenty of black nylon "tacticool" gear.
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

Keith, beautiful spread. ::tu:: ::tu:: I would imagine several of those were display only and not for sale. I hope folks appreciated the magnificent Remingtons that they probably won't ever see again.
Rotten

Post by Rotten »

espn77 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:05 pm I haven't set up to sell in a long time, now I remember why. People in this area just aren't into old knives. Didn't have a very good day as far as sales go but talking to some great guys. Here is my display.
I would have been there and you'd have probably needed security to get rid of me but I had to ::censored:: work.
Trace
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Sorry for no business but a great set up. Maybe tomorrow. ::nod:: ::nod::
espn77

Post by espn77 »

RalphAlsip wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:54 am Keith, beautiful spread. ::tu:: ::tu:: I would imagine several of those were display only and not for sale. I hope folks appreciated the magnificent Remingtons that they probably won't ever see again.
A lot of great guys stopped and talked knives. Sold a few repro Remingtons but no vintage. That wasn't there focus, many were display only.
espn77

Post by espn77 »

Rotten wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:56 am I would have been there and you'd have probably needed security to get rid of me but I had to ::censored:: work.
I was hoping you could show up. I understand how work can get in the way of our fun. ::handshake::
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Keith, I know it's not very comforting but just think of it as part of your civic duty to educate people. I was talking to a guy at church a while back who told me he collects what he called "the original old Remington knives" . Then he went on to describe the Camillus-made reproductions. When I mentioned them as being reproductions of the 1920s and 30s knives he didn't know anything about them. ::teary_eyes::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
espn77

Post by espn77 »

I saw that today Ken, people had all kinds of "knowledge" on the repros but were confused as to what exactly the original Remington knives were. One guy did stop buy and was very aware of what I had. Had a great talk with him.
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

You oughta bring that big display to our NCCA spring extravaganza two day show in Groton, CT. It would be appreciated well and understood in the state where they were made. One of my absolute best shows for sales too, there are knife educated collectors and even some with good money to spend at this show. It is not an inexpensive show to do, but it does attract a large group of collectors and many who love the CT brands.
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by stockman »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:59 am Keith, I know it's not very comforting but just think of it as part of your civic duty to educate people. I was talking to a guy at church a while back who told me he collects what he called "the original old Remington knives" . Then he went on to describe the Camillus-made reproductions. When I mentioned them as being reproductions of the 1920s and 30s knives he didn't know anything about them. ::teary_eyes::

Ken
What Ken said is what I encounter in my area when talking knives. Most people has never seen anything "old"

Harold

Keith Nice display of the real thing!!
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Beautiful setup Keith!

My experience with Gun and Knife shows, with the exception of Tulsa, is that it is a hard sell for vintage knives. Very few of those coming through the doors are looking for old knives and sales can be slow. Tulsa defeats that due to the size of the show and number attending. Lots of knife people there on both sides of the table.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

btrwtr wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:58 pm Beautiful setup Keith!

My experience with Gun and Knife shows, with the exception of Tulsa, is that it is a hard sell for vintage knives. Very few of those coming through the doors are looking for old knives and sales can be slow. Tulsa defeats that due to the size of the show and number attending. Lots of knife people there on both sides of the table.
Agreed. ::tu::
Roger
espn77

Post by espn77 »

Sounds like I need to head east!!!!!!
ObsidianEdge

Post by ObsidianEdge »

Keith, I would happily pitch a tent in front of your display so I could make sure I had time to take all of them in.
Mike Robuck

Author: "Gun Trader's Guide to Collectible Knives"

Return to “General Knife Discussion”