Anyone else have trouble with Fed Ex?

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Anyone else have trouble with Fed Ex?

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Won a hard and expensive auction on Nov 27th for an A.G. Russell knife. The seller shipped it through Fed Ex. It was picked up by them on Nov 29th in West Palm Beach Florida. It took them 2 days to move it from West Palm to Ocala Fl. It went from there to Kennesaw Ga the same day. Next day it arrived in Walton KY. Next day Independence KY which is now the 3rd of December. Leaves there the next day and goes to Vandalia OH ,where it arrives on the 4th and is placed on the truck for delivery to my house in Eastern Indiana on the 4th of December. It never arrives. Tracking says no attempt made, delivery exception. On the 5th it’s back in Vandalia OH. Tracking said it would arrive now on the 5th but no show. Now to arrive on the 6th. Says on truck for delivery on the 6th. No show on the 6th. I called Fed Ex and wait on hold for over 17 minutes. She says they will investigate and call me. And she says the package will arrive on Saturday Dec 7th. Again no package today the 7th.
I haven’t had any sellers ship through Fed Ex before , is this common with them? I can’t believe this is happening. I thought they had a better reputation than this.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Anyone else have trouble with Fed Ex?

Post by Railsplitter »

The folks I normally buy from seldom use Fedex but my wife gets a few packages from them on a fairly frequent basis. Fortunately, she hasn't had anything near that type of problem. Just a day or two delay now and then.

Sorry for your hassles with them. I'm sure they are swamped for the Christmas rush but I don't consider that an excuse in your case. It was on the truck in your city what, 3 times!? ::shrug::
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
ScoutKnives

Post by ScoutKnives »

The Black Friday / Cyber sales have all the post “broken” right now .
I receive a lot of packages for my business and It has slowed down to a crawl delivery speed . At least double the time .
FedEx is probably the worst though.
Always looking for Mint pre war scout knives
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

FedEx Ground is the worst! I have actually had to walk around my neighborhood and find my "lost" packages laying in the driveway of the wrong house. :x
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

"No attempt made Delivery Exception". Happens a lot with me for some reason--basically every other time FedEx delivers something. It's been everything from a $15 sweatshirt to a $250 laptop (which thankfully, being a rugged model, they couldn't tear up) Even in the middle of summer. Unless it's SurePost, I avoid the FedEx option.

FedEx, in my area, operates as a franchise; unlike the postal service and UPS.
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

Getting a lot of orders from Amazon lately. Yesterday Amazon Prime
said they delivered 3 packages which was correct ( picture by Amazon
taken). The problem is 1 package belonged to a neighbor 2 blocks
away. Still missing 1 package. They told my wife wait till Monday, and
if not delivered, contact them again.

Today Amazon Prime delivered the one and only package to our
next door neighbor.

It is great that these delivery systems are so much busier but why
has accuracy gone down so low?

Bob
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Thanks all for the reply. I hope it’s just the busy holiday shipping season that is at work here. Hope it comes on Monday.
I won’t complain as much about the USPS after this.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Don't even get me started on FEDEX. After several bad experiences with them over the years, they broke all records for incompetence on one of my last deliveries. I had sent a revolver back to the Smith & Wesson factory to have some work done. It got there OK, but when it was returned, what is required from shippers according to fire arms laws, is that the package with the fire arm in it can only be delivered to the person whose name is on the label. Then that person must show ID to the delivery person and sign for the package. I came home and here lays on my front step a box with my revolver in it!! Anyone who may have seen it in plain view from the street could have taken it and it would have been gone forever. I was very fortunate that it only lay there for an hour or so. I called the FEDEX local terminal and reported that what they had done was a violation of the fire arms laws and that the delivery person should be fired. Of course I never heard anything that resulted from that call. The FEDEX delivery people here are "independent contractors", that is not actually employed by FEDEX.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

FedEx is my last choice. For years FedEx has dumped packages at our gate - neither they nor the USPS will bring packages up the drive to the house, which is about 1/4 mile from the gate. They either leave the package at the gate, or if a signature is required they leave a note. (Which is a pain because I have to go 10 miles into town to get whatever it is). UPS however has no problem and almost always brings packages to our house, either leaving them on the porch or, if signature is required they ring the doorbell.

A few months ago I found a large box delivered by FedEx sitting at our gate. The label said it was for someone at a totally different address. I got the name and address off the label, called FedEx and talked to someone who asked if I would get the numbers from the label and call back. I went back to the gate and as I was taking a picture of the label, lo and behold down the road came a FedEx truck! It was clear he wasn’t planning to stop so I flagged him down.

When he stopped I pointed to the box and told him it was delivered to the wrong address, and he should take it to the correct address. He looked at the box and said “That’s FedEx ground. I’m FedEx air. I can’t take it but here’s a card, call this number.” ::facepalm::

So I called back with the numbers they requested. After looking it up in their computer system the woman said someone would come and pick it up. (By the way, it was one of those small under-cabinet refrigerators). It sat there at the gate for about a week before it disappeared. I don’t know if FedEx came for it, or if someone stole it. ::shrug::

About a month later another box for the same address was left in the same place, again delivered by FedEx. This time it was a printer. I took a picture of the label and called FedEx. They said they would come and get it. Two days later it was gone.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

I have never used Fedex to ship any of my ebay sales. I always use USPS.

The few times that a seller has used Fedex to ship an ebay item to me, it is always screwed up. The last few times - some items took like two weeks to get here (USPS first class would have been maybe 3 days) and one time Fedex lost the item so I had to get a refund.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

It’s Monday and still no knife. But it’s on the truck for delivery today, uh-huh, uh-huh sure it is.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”