Appraisal?

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Landersknives

Re: Appraisal?

Post by Landersknives »

Lansky1 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:40 pm I collect 47’s - would pass on that one for any price due to the blade wear. He acts like he’s doing a favor starting his auction at $50+ ... wouldn’t even waste a microsecond to click on that auction
Thanks John.
philco wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:00 am Unless you're just smitten by those bone handles, you can get a lightly used 70s era 6347 in the $35 to $45 range. I'm carrying one today that I picked up at a knife show a while back for $35. It is a 1977 model with very little blade loss with no cracks or chips in the handles or any other "issues".
Yes sir Phil I agree. I do like the scales and I made what I thought was a fair offer to which he countered and I declined.
jerryd6818 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:24 am [quote=Landersknives post_id=778767 time=<a href="tel:1576158111">1576158111</a> user_id=22010]

Dave I agree 💯 percent! :D
Okay, I'll bite. How did you do that? ---► 💯
Never mind. I figured it out. Sorta.

Plus, I hate to hear about things like was posted on eBay or anyplace else. It gives people the idea that AAPK is used as an appraisal service WHICH IT IS NOT. That's why most of us refer questions regarding value to eBay.
[/quote]

Yes sir I do too. That’s why I posted here and I also told the owner of the knife that the description was misleading because the knowledgeable people at AAPK don’t do appraisals. We may give information, make offers, and give opinions but never appraisals. We refer people to sold listings for fair market value. Then I said have a nice day. ::tu::
Ed
“No brag just fact”
Walter Brennan
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

By golly, you are on the ball. Thank you. :ok_hand: :white_check_mark:
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
rugmar

Post by rugmar »

The thing that would discourage me from buying the knife in question would be the condition of the shield. There’s nothing you could do except replace it or live with it. I’m kind of a sucker for knives in this condition because I would use one like this for a clean up project. Probably about $35 would be all I could stand on that one.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”