POS Roundtable 2020

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
richard

Re: POS Roundtable 2020

Post by richard »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:00 am
jerryd6818 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:24 pm Please. Everyone. Post photos of your treasures after you receive them.

In past POS Round Tables, a couple of times the individual I sent to didn't even acknowledge receiving the package much less provide a photo for the forum. Things like that make you want to abstain from participating the next time.
Obviously passed out upon opening the package, and never recovered. ::sotb::

Ken
jerry this maybe fun, you sent to me, so post pictures of what you sent ? ::teary_eyes::
richard

Post by richard »

mine went off today. to paul,( knifeslinger)
7/10 days delivery.with a bit of ozzie sun in the box. to brighten his day. he will need it 8)
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

richard wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:25 am
Mumbleypeg wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:00 am
jerryd6818 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:24 pm Please. Everyone. Post photos of your treasures after you receive them.

In past POS Round Tables, a couple of times the individual I sent to didn't even acknowledge receiving the package much less provide a photo for the forum. Things like that make you want to abstain from participating the next time.
Obviously passed out upon opening the package, and never recovered. ::sotb::

Ken
jerry this maybe fun, you sent to me, so post pictures of what you sent ? ::teary_eyes::
Oh Richard, I took pictures but they're just for my records. What's in the box is a surprise. Anticipation is part of the fun. Once the package is in your hot little hands, you get to reveal to the membership the ugly mess you received. It's kinda like Christmas all over again only not in a nice way. :mrgreen:
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

We all sit smiling and drinking our coffee this morning as all over America, postal workers are fainting from the smell of the nauseous packages of poo sent out by the good members of the AAPK knife forum. Nothing makes a worse stench than FERMENTED POO..... ::barf::

(SO.... do y'all think we can get in trouble by sending this stuff out by the USPS or other agencies? People have gone to jail for less......) ::shrug::

Something just hit me..... I guess the pay-back will be when we open the packages that arrive in our mail boxes. Peeeeeee-uuuuuu, pay-back will be H-E-double hockey sticks..... ::lightening::

What have I gotten myself into?

::facepalm::
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:55 pm (SO.... do y'all think we can get in trouble by sending this stuff out by the USPS or other agencies? People have gone to jail for less......)
Mike, if I'm not mistaken (and I often am) this is our tenth year of doing this and we've gotten away with it so far. ::paranoid::
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

jerryd6818 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:09 pm
Meridian_Mike wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:55 pm (SO.... do y'all think we can get in trouble by sending this stuff out by the USPS or other agencies? People have gone to jail for less......)
Mike, if I'm not mistaken (and I often am) this is our tenth year of doing this and we've gotten away with it so far. ::paranoid::
I looked around the net after I posted this....
Looks like it is legal to sent poo by the USPS..... Here is a service that will do it for you....

https://poopsenders.com/

(Open link at your own risk......)
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

I took my box and also Sundogs box down to the post office this morning to get rid of that stuff. It was starting to reek, in fact there have been some complaints from some of the hog confinement operators miles from town about the smell from those two boxes. :roll: :roll:
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Just saw on the news that there seems to be a coordinated terrorist attack on the USPS nation wide. Something about foul smelling packages being sent from and to various locations around the US and even overseas. If any investigators ask, I ain't saying nothing.....
But Glennbad it appears that you have been targeted. Please wash your hands before and after opening. A mysterious, well fertilized green swath is appearing from Texas to New Hampshire from radiated residue from this package. Evidence may point to my being mad at you but actually I'm not. And don't forget, you volunteered for this. ::dang:: ::shrug:: ::teary_eyes:: ::mdm::
galvanic1882
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by galvanic1882 »

Eli (semroc) your pile of 💩💩 is in the mail!
Eustace

Post by Eustace »

For the attention of the responsible services, I have nothing to do with this ... Everything I sent was acquired by shopping centers with the highest European hygiene standards
Attachments
640_343480.jpeg
IMG_20170924_07222274a2b.md.jpg
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:14 pm I took my box and also Sundogs box down to the post office this morning to get rid of that stuff. It was starting to reek, in fact there have been some complaints from some of the hog confinement operators miles from town about the smell from those two boxes. :roll: :roll:
Remind Sundog that as he giveth, so shall he receive.
Oh boy, is he gonna receive.. ::super_happy:: ::woot:: :mrgreen:
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

richard wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:30 am mine went off today. to paul,( knifeslinger)
7/10 days delivery.with a bit of ozzie sun in the box. to brighten his day. he will need it 8)
Looking forward to it Richard...maybe. Good thing I'm a plumber and know how to deal with s***, although I don't always like it. :D
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Looks like Jeffinn has a fine roundtable underway, congratulations!!

I honestly tried to stockpile a few this past year to participate again but somehow the pooh eluded me this year, go figure.

I hope that in most cases one man's junk is truly another man's treasure......looking forward to seeing everyone's interpretation of POS ::nod::
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Kolvir
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Kolvir »

Yours went out today zoogirl. So bad that I had to throw in a non-knife related extra so I could sleep tonight.
bladebuddy

Post by bladebuddy »

Well Andrew (Kolvir) there is a box of metallic Pooh with an Asian-American flavor headed your way. Use extreme caution and don your hazmat suit before opening. Enjoy!! :oops: ::mdm:: Steve B.
Steve B.
Keep your edge sharp, otherwise you just can't cut it.

Looking for Carrier Cutlery and early Robeson with Elmira tang stamps.
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Kolvir wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:08 pm Yours went out today zoogirl. So bad that I had to throw in a non-knife related extra so I could sleep tonight.
Thanks, I think. ::teary_eyes::
I’ll alert the neighbours, send cookies to the mailman, make sure the mailbox gets reinforced and keep the cat inside. ::woot::

I’m scared...
Berryb

Post by Berryb »

just sent a big stinkeroo to Alaska. Had it on the front of the truck on the way to the post office and the snow was melting in front of me, so it may come in handy up north.
Bruce
EWMailman

Post by EWMailman »

Inspired by an earlier post:

There once was a mailman knife bearer
Their condition inspired gasps of sheer terror
So he sent them away
Down south to GA
Now Jody will soon learn of his error.

Jody744, It is on its way-tracking number is 9114 9999 4431 3768 8806 45

On a side note, my wife wonders what you all have done to me as she has never seen me part with ANY knife in ANY condition. I tried to assure her that whatever it is ---it's good!! (Not certain Jody744 will agree)
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

Jeff,
I put on a wig, hat, sunglasses, and a fake mustache, then mailed you a package from an out-of-town Post Office. All contents and packaging were carefully wiped clean of fingerprints. If the Feds intercept it, I don't know nuthin'!!!! ::shrug::

But here is some tracking info for you:
Attachments
174AE8F8-D440-4FCB-90C2-D4D9F6B60F1B.jpeg
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

There's a saying that goes something like "10 pounds of $**t in a 5 pound bag". Well, I did that, but in a box.

Knifegnome, I don't know you, so I am truly sorry for that which you are about to receive. At the PO, they ask if the package has anything hazardous...kinda had to lie there a bit. I don't think I could have crammed anything else in the box.

Anyway, it's chock full of junk. Well, there might be a few decent things in there, but certainly a fair amount of CRAP.

Tracking #9505515854740022452429

Good luck though... ::paranoid::
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by ken98k »

Herbva, a package is on it's way! :D
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I'm with you Glenn. I always try to include at least 1 or 2 things that could be considered decent but the rest should be tagged, bagged and set out to the curb to see if refuse pickup will take it or just leave it sit.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

There might be one of my little guys that I actually like in there.
The rest of it... ::woot:: ::sotb:: ::shrug::
Then there’s the ‘special items’ heh heh heh.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Oh CANADA !!! There's a pile of poo headed to you.........Scale Military.

I just hope this doesn't set off some sort of international incident. :mrgreen:
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

Doglegg, I hate sending something so foul to someone as nice as yourself, but you can blame Jeff for that. :D

(Jeff, thank you for your hard work)

I suggest you hire some professionals to handle the disposal of this package before you even think about opening it. You'll be glad you did. I for one, am glad to have that smell out of the house.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”