POS Roundtable 2020

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: POS Roundtable 2020

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

peanut740 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:18 pm Well,today the mail lady was blowing her horn and I walked out on the porch to see what the ruckus was,and he was yelling something and flipped me off.It's not unusual for her to flip me off,but she normally doesn't yell at me.I had an idea what it was and it was a box from South Dakota that was the cause.
I brought it onto the porch holding it at arms length and put it on the table.My dog was really interested in the box and started sniffing it and suddenly she started licking her butt frantically. I think she was trying to get the smell out of her nose.But I have digressed. Olde Cutler James knows how the game is played.He sent several POS's and a Chinese made 2nd Amendment knife.He also sent me a very nicely made turned walnut and maple ink pen to makeup for the stuff he sent.
Thanks James and well done. ::handshake::
Glad you like it!! ::tu:: ::tu::
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

It has become painfully real that Paul alias KnifeSlinger#81 understands perfectly the intent and spirit of the POS Roundtable. He has acquitted himself stellarly in this years give away. Imperials, colonials, a little switch blade named USA(?) and some that were too embarrassed to share a name showed up in my outhouse that was previously a mail box. To think that someone actually purchased these at one time! Paul, you have shown yourself a worthy participant. And did I mention that this load was voluminous.
DSCN6203.JPG
DSCN6204.JPG
DSCN6205.JPG
DSCN6206.JPG
DSCN6207.JPG
. Thanks (?) ::shrug:: ::dang:: ::teary_eyes:: ::handshake::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I love it when a member goes above & beyond like this. That's GREAT.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Jeffinn
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jeffinn »

The Reverand sent me this package of hazardous materials:
41A4228E-FBA4-4AA3-ADF0-8732119B029D.jpeg
There’s some interesting items in there. I’ll bring a few of them back to life and put the rest in a safe place for future use.
Jeff
Hey … it’s a pocketknife for gosh sakes. I’m not selling the Mona Lisa….Bullitt4001
https://www.jfinamoreknives.com
http://www.secondlifeknives.com
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Jeff, as sow so shall you rip.
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

doglegg wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:54 pm It has become painfully real that Paul alias KnifeSlinger#81 understands perfectly the intent and spirit of the POS Roundtable. He has acquitted himself stellarly in this years give away. Imperials, colonials, a little switch blade named USA(?) and some that were too embarrassed to share a name showed up in my outhouse that was previously a mail box. To think that someone actually purchased these at one time! Paul, you have shown yourself a worthy participant. And did I mention that this load was voluminous.DSCN6203.JPGDSCN6204.JPGDSCN6205.JPGDSCN6206.JPGDSCN6207.JPG . Thanks (?) ::shrug:: ::dang:: ::teary_eyes:: ::handshake::

Floyd, I hope we can still be friends after this. :D
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Paul, friends we are. The little switch blade is really kinda fun. But I doubt I will carry it. ::handshake::
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

::tu::

I thought about carrying that switch but I didn't trust that it wouldn't open up in my pocket. It has nice snap, at least.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
Eustace

Post by Eustace »

tongueriver wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:17 am There was an old man who was swimmin' in poo
He had so many junkers he didn't know what to do
So he packed 'em in bung fodder and sent 'em to Bulgaria
Now if you can beat that one
I'm postin' to dare ya
You're bluffing like old poker player. :D Concerns about my friend and the environmental balance of Washington state turned out to be in vain. I got a message on Viber that night: "Gerge, I received 2 kilos of knives, I send pictures". I really didn't expect such a big pile ::woot:: Very good looking Rough Rider's ang great Schrade hunting knives.

I can't wait to get them in BG. Thank you very much! Жив и здрав!
Attachments
P1030949.JPG
P1030953.JPG
P1030955.JPG
rangerbluedog

Post by rangerbluedog »

Well Fellers, Ol' TREEFARMER done treated me better than I deserve... :)
Here's what kind of goodies arrived in my mailbox yesterday!

Y'all know what a Boker USA collector I am, so I got a couple of good 'uns made in Maplewood, NJ ::tu::
I wish the old muskrat could tell me his tales. I bet he's got a million good stories heard while whittling and slicing maters for a mater sammich.
20200125_124227.jpg
Then there is this fancy SNAP ON device, that I'm gonna rip outa that package and put to use.
20200125_124236.jpg
Here's a big pile that will get some pocket time. The STAG brand knife was made in Ireland. Since I work for an Irish company, I'm gonna polish that one up and put it in my pocket for work. One of my other hobbies is fly fishing, so the little SABRE is going to be added to my fishing gear.
20200125_124245.jpg
20200125_124322.jpg
I know a fine little boy who is gonna be the lucky recipient of the Klein and Winchester knives!

But the TOPPER was this NEW in the box CASE CV stockman! I don't advertise it much, but I also have several CASE knives in my collection - many of them are the 18 pattern stockman! But I didn't have a yeller one until now!
20200125_124253.jpg
Thanks Phillip, you made my weekend!!!
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Alone I sat with tongs in hand
Filling up a box with poop
The trashman ran from my command
To cart this stuff from my front stoop

So off I went with carton filled
The postal workers fled ASAP
I dropped it in the mail so thrilled
That treefarmer will get this crap!

USPS tracking # 9505 5163 1766 0025 3227 52

IMG_20200125_131132~2.jpg

(I may have had to fudge my answers a bit to convince the post office to take the package... ::paranoid:: )
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

rangerbluedog wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:06 pm Well Fellers, Ol' TREEFARMER done treated me better than I deserve... :)

Then there is this fancy SNAP ON device, that I'm gonna rip outa that package and put to use.
20200125_124236.jpg

Philip hung on to that since 2013, dead batteries and all?? ::rotflol:: ::rotflol::

That was part of the 2013 POS Roundtable I sent to him.
Attachments
2013 Roundtable Items Labeled.JPG
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

The dirty deed has been done! My missile to Sundog Knives is on route and on target. As I pm’d him, I am now banned from my post office and facing a charge of bringing a noxious substance into a public place. ::paranoid::
I think it was worth it...or should that be worse it? ::teary_eyes:: Well, worst it could hardly be! :mrgreen:
There are a couple of extra little ‘gifts’ in there too. Heh heh heh...
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
rangerbluedog

Post by rangerbluedog »

jerryd6818 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:20 pm
rangerbluedog wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:06 pm Well Fellers, Ol' TREEFARMER done treated me better than I deserve... :)

20200125_124236.jpg

Philip hung on to that since 2013, dead batteries and all?? ::rotflol:: ::rotflol::

This item now qualifies for the moniker we have around here, a "HALFBACK".
It traveled from Illinois to Florida, and then came half way back, to South Carolina! :D
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

rangerbluedog wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:49 pm

20200125_124236.jpg

It traveled from Illinois to Florida, and then came half way back, to South Carolina! :D
Well Blue, it's certainly well traveled.

I just noticed. I was pretty dadgummed good to him that year. :mrgreen:
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
semroc

Post by semroc »

From Galvanic 1882. Very cool stuff. In an old American Cutlery Co. box. I really like the Craftsman. Much appreciated Mike.
20200125_122738.jpg
20200125_122701.jpg
It's important not to think too much about what you do. Lee Marvin
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by ken98k »

Eustace wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:02 am
tongueriver wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:17 am There was an old man who was swimmin' in poo
He had so many junkers he didn't know what to do
So he packed 'em in bung fodder and sent 'em to Bulgaria
Now if you can beat that one
I'm postin' to dare ya
You're bluffing like old poker player. :D Concerns about my friend and the environmental balance of Washington state turned out to be in vain. I got a message on Viber that night: "Gerge, I received 2 kilos of knives, I send pictures". I really didn't expect such a big pile ::woot:: Very good looking Rough Rider's ang great Schrade hunting knives.

I can't wait to get them in BG. Thank you very much! Жив и здрав!
OMG! that leather Schrade hunter is to die for!
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

jerryd6818 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:52 pm
rangerbluedog wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:49 pm

Well Blue, it's certainly well traveled.

I just noticed. I was pretty dadgummed good to him that year. :mrgreen:
Jerry, I still have the rehandled red Queen Aluminum framed Barlow and the 35th Anniversary Miracle Schrade Walden in my special pile, along with a 72 that you bombed me with before bombing was a thing!
Almost hated to let the Muskrat go but I knew rangerbluedog was more into Boker knives. Ricky seems to appreciate what that old knife has been through. It reminded me of a couple of my Dad's old knives he had sharpened till the blades were only good for digging out splinters. :)
Looking forward to Tsar Bomba's POS arriving and I believe we all had to fudge a bit when they asked about the contents at the Post Office. ::nod::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

treefarmer wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:53 pm I believe we all had to fudge a bit when they asked about the contents at the Post Office. ::nod::
Treefarmer
I didn't lie when Mike at the post office asked if there was anything liquid, perishable or ----- Oops! He did say something about hazardous. :oops:
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

treefarmer wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:53 pm Looking forward to Tsar Bomba's POS arriving and I believe we all had to fudge a bit when they asked about the contents at the Post Office. ::nod::
I think the postal worker who took it had a cold today. You should be able to smell it a couple hours before it arrives. :mrgreen:
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:26 pm Well, I was just sipping some coffee after my lunch break....
Then the secretary says, "MIKE! There is a smelly box up here that has your name on it.... Come get it QUICK!!"
Pewwwww, yep, it had arrived. Thanks Herb..... I guess.... Uh.... Well.....OK, let me get a clothes pin for my nose.
So.... here is what it looked like on the outside.... "OPEN IMMEDIATELY".... It even looked really dangerous, don't y'all think?
DANGEROUS BOX.JPG
I whipped out my Benchmade auto and attacked the end of the box.
When the contents dropped out, I gagged twice and then started to unwrap what appeared to be knives....
Yep, they do sorta favor pocket knives..... see here.....
PILE O POO.JPG
Let's see....
A Jap, a Chinaman, a Kutmaster with an inferiority complex, a Hammer auto that jumped open when I least expected it.....
A Boker (With a SHIELD no less) that has a CUTE little secondary blade....
And a Hibbard, Spencer, Bartlett with some sort of wood like substance for handles....
I thought, Hmmmmm the HSB isn't too awefully bad. I picked it up and started to close it....
DO GONE IT..... That joker bit me!
IT BIT ME.JPG

Y'all better watch out.... even the tamest of the poopsters will bite you!
Now, the boss is expecting me to have the office fumigated this weekend. The smell of the dead rat we had early in the week has gone.... so he knows where the smell came from.

:shock:
Sorry Mike, I should have warned you - that Hammer auto is possessed! It likes to fly open at the oddest times. I'm thinking the HSB was one of my first attempts at a rehandle job, maybe 12 or more years ago. Pretty pathetic. I think that handle material is some kind of early micarta. I was going to tear it apart and redo it, but now its your problem! ::ds::
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

A package arrived at my house from ken98k at the North Pole. Seriously - North Pole Alaska! Ken, thanks for the nice assortment. China, Pakistan and most 3rd world countries are represented. Not surprisingly, there was what might be blood and/or animal fur on some of the knives? I really like the cammy silver sword and haven't seen one of these for while. :D
Attachments
DSCN9887.JPG
DSCN9888.JPG
DSCN9890.JPG
DSCN9892.JPG
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

I recieved a package from edge213 and it was full of little stinkers. ::uc:: That grenade pouch on the right was a real stink bomb. ::woot:: David being the good guy he is included this really nice Queen 48 which I really do like. Thanks buddy for a good POS Roundtable 2020.
Attachments
IMG_1362.JPG
IMG_1365.JPG
IMG_1377.JPG
David
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

I'm starting to worry about Ken(petesknives).Tracking shows my package was delivered on Thursday the 23rd.I hope he wasn't overcome when he opened the box. ::pray::
Roger
knifegnome
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifegnome »

I received a box Friday from Glennbad,My 15 year old son and I didn't have a chance to sort through them as we were headed to a Boy Scout Camporee.So today we took a good look at what we had and my son is very happy.There were some POS but there were a good number of nice quality knives.My son filled up his knife rolls.Also received some tools that will be put to work.Thanks Glenn.
Attachments
P1260004.JPG
P1260005.JPG
P1260006.JPG
P1260007.JPG
P1260009.JPG

Return to “General Knife Discussion”