POS Roundtable 2020

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
semroc

Re: POS Roundtable 2020

Post by semroc »

From Galvanic 1882. Very cool stuff. In an old American Cutlery Co. box. I really like the Craftsman. Much appreciated Mike.
20200125_122738.jpg
20200125_122701.jpg
It's important not to think too much about what you do. Lee Marvin
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by ken98k »

Eustace wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:02 am
tongueriver wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:17 am There was an old man who was swimmin' in poo
He had so many junkers he didn't know what to do
So he packed 'em in bung fodder and sent 'em to Bulgaria
Now if you can beat that one
I'm postin' to dare ya
You're bluffing like old poker player. :D Concerns about my friend and the environmental balance of Washington state turned out to be in vain. I got a message on Viber that night: "Gerge, I received 2 kilos of knives, I send pictures". I really didn't expect such a big pile ::woot:: Very good looking Rough Rider's ang great Schrade hunting knives.

I can't wait to get them in BG. Thank you very much! Жив и здрав!
OMG! that leather Schrade hunter is to die for!
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

jerryd6818 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:52 pm
rangerbluedog wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:49 pm
jerryd6818 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:20 pm

Philip hung on to that since 2013, dead batteries and all?? ::rotflol:: ::rotflol::

That was part of the 2013 POS Roundtable I sent to him.
This item now qualifies for the moniker we have around here, a "HALFBACK".
It traveled from Illinois to Florida, and then came half way back, to South Carolina! :D
Well Blue, it's certainly well traveled.

I just noticed. I was pretty dadgummed good to him that year. :mrgreen:
Jerry, I still have the rehandled red Queen Aluminum framed Barlow and the 35th Anniversary Miracle Schrade Walden in my special pile, along with a 72 that you bombed me with before bombing was a thing!
Almost hated to let the Muskrat go but I knew rangerbluedog was more into Boker knives. Ricky seems to appreciate what that old knife has been through. It reminded me of a couple of my Dad's old knives he had sharpened till the blades were only good for digging out splinters. :)
Looking forward to Tsar Bomba's POS arriving and I believe we all had to fudge a bit when they asked about the contents at the Post Office. ::nod::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

treefarmer wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:53 pm I believe we all had to fudge a bit when they asked about the contents at the Post Office. ::nod::
Treefarmer
I didn't lie when Mike at the post office asked if there was anything liquid, perishable or ----- Oops! He did say something about hazardous. :oops:
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

treefarmer wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:53 pm Looking forward to Tsar Bomba's POS arriving and I believe we all had to fudge a bit when they asked about the contents at the Post Office. ::nod::
I think the postal worker who took it had a cold today. You should be able to smell it a couple hours before it arrives. :mrgreen:
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:26 pm Well, I was just sipping some coffee after my lunch break....
Then the secretary says, "MIKE! There is a smelly box up here that has your name on it.... Come get it QUICK!!"
Pewwwww, yep, it had arrived. Thanks Herb..... I guess.... Uh.... Well.....OK, let me get a clothes pin for my nose.
So.... here is what it looked like on the outside.... "OPEN IMMEDIATELY".... It even looked really dangerous, don't y'all think?
DANGEROUS BOX.JPG
I whipped out my Benchmade auto and attacked the end of the box.
When the contents dropped out, I gagged twice and then started to unwrap what appeared to be knives....
Yep, they do sorta favor pocket knives..... see here.....
PILE O POO.JPG
Let's see....
A Jap, a Chinaman, a Kutmaster with an inferiority complex, a Hammer auto that jumped open when I least expected it.....
A Boker (With a SHIELD no less) that has a CUTE little secondary blade....
And a Hibbard, Spencer, Bartlett with some sort of wood like substance for handles....
I thought, Hmmmmm the HSB isn't too awefully bad. I picked it up and started to close it....
DO GONE IT..... That joker bit me!
IT BIT ME.JPG

Y'all better watch out.... even the tamest of the poopsters will bite you!
Now, the boss is expecting me to have the office fumigated this weekend. The smell of the dead rat we had early in the week has gone.... so he knows where the smell came from.

:shock:
Sorry Mike, I should have warned you - that Hammer auto is possessed! It likes to fly open at the oddest times. I'm thinking the HSB was one of my first attempts at a rehandle job, maybe 12 or more years ago. Pretty pathetic. I think that handle material is some kind of early micarta. I was going to tear it apart and redo it, but now its your problem! ::ds::
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

A package arrived at my house from ken98k at the North Pole. Seriously - North Pole Alaska! Ken, thanks for the nice assortment. China, Pakistan and most 3rd world countries are represented. Not surprisingly, there was what might be blood and/or animal fur on some of the knives? I really like the cammy silver sword and haven't seen one of these for while. :D
Attachments
DSCN9887.JPG
DSCN9888.JPG
DSCN9890.JPG
DSCN9892.JPG
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

I recieved a package from edge213 and it was full of little stinkers. ::uc:: That grenade pouch on the right was a real stink bomb. ::woot:: David being the good guy he is included this really nice Queen 48 which I really do like. Thanks buddy for a good POS Roundtable 2020.
Attachments
IMG_1362.JPG
IMG_1365.JPG
IMG_1377.JPG
David
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

I'm starting to worry about Ken(petesknives).Tracking shows my package was delivered on Thursday the 23rd.I hope he wasn't overcome when he opened the box. ::pray::
Roger
knifegnome
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifegnome »

I received a box Friday from Glennbad,My 15 year old son and I didn't have a chance to sort through them as we were headed to a Boy Scout Camporee.So today we took a good look at what we had and my son is very happy.There were some POS but there were a good number of nice quality knives.My son filled up his knife rolls.Also received some tools that will be put to work.Thanks Glenn.
Attachments
P1260004.JPG
P1260005.JPG
P1260006.JPG
P1260007.JPG
P1260009.JPG
petesknives

Post by petesknives »

Yes Roger I have received your package on Thursday. Didn't want to open it up till I got my package mailed to galvanic 1882. Yes I was overwhelmed because the first knife that I opened was a melon/sausage testor! I have a sweet spot for those. ..and it's a KA-BAR ::super_happy:: Hope I can find room for it ::tu:: ..There are a few others that are now soaking in oil to be studied later. Did some research and the West Robinson Fruit Comany went out of business in the 1950s...Thanks Roger...This POS was alot of fun. .."Ones Mans Trash is another ones Treasure "...I got my Treasure ::tu::
Attachments
20200126_140109.jpg
20200126_135933.jpg
20200124_153013.jpg
I'll make room!
I'll make room!
"Buy more ammo!" Johnnie Fain RIP

"Buy the ticket, take the ride"
Hunter S. Thompson. RIP
Kolvir

Post by Kolvir »

I received the load from bladebuddy on Thursday. I would have posted earlier, but I have been in 'working on my car in winter in Iowa without a garage' hell.

I was outside working on aforementioned car when I saw the mailman pull up to the mailbox. It wasn't that cold out, low 30s, but I still found it a bit odd that he had all four windows down. I gave him a wave, he is a really nice guy, and he gave me back the number 1 sign. Odd, as we don't talk sports or the like, maybe the basketball team played the night before. Must have been something wrong with his glove too, as it wasn't his index finger being used.

By the time I got up from under the car to get the mail, all of the snow on and around the mailbox had melted. I took the package straight downstairs, being concerned for my parrot. Canary in a coal mine and all. The cat must have really needed to go as she ran straight into her litter box. Never seen her bury her head in the litter like that before; any cat experts on here have any advice to get her out? It has been three days.

Hear are a couple of photos of the knives on my bench. Before putting them on it, the finish was perfect and smooth.
knives.jpg
Wrapped in many layers in an attempt to protect it was this nice Gerber.
100_2380.JPG
I'm off to refinish my bench. Hopefully the paint stripper will make the air in the basement breathable again. I did the exchange for the first time last year, and here I am again submitting myself to it. Maybe my therapist was onto something...
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by ken98k »

Found this pile-o-poo in my mail box last night. Thankfully the sender was kind enough to include a surgical mask and rubber gloves with which I was able to handle the pile! :shock: The little Camillus jack at the bottom is actually a nice little user. :D
poo1.jpg
poo2.jpg
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by ken98k »

petesknives wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:28 pm Yes Roger I have received your package on Thursday. Didn't want to open it up till I got my package mailed to galvanic 1882. Yes I was overwhelmed because the first knife that I opened was a melon/sausage testor! I have a sweet spot for those. ..and it's a KA-BAR ::super_happy:: Hope I can find room for it ::tu:: ..There are a few others that are now soaking in oil to be studied later. Did some research and the West Robinson Fruit Comany went out of business in the 1950s...Thanks Roger...This POS was alot of fun. .."Ones Mans Trash is another ones Treasure "...I got my Treasure ::tu::
WOW! You are now the official melon cutter! :D
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

petesknives wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:28 pm Yes Roger I have received your package on Thursday. Didn't want to open it up till I got my package mailed to galvanic 1882. Yes I was overwhelmed because the first knife that I opened was a melon/sausage testor! I have a sweet spot for those. ..and it's a KA-BAR ::super_happy:: Hope I can find room for it ::tu:: ..There are a few others that are now soaking in oil to be studied later. Did some research and the West Robinson Fruit Comany went out of business in the 1950s...Thanks Roger...This POS was alot of fun. .."Ones Mans Trash is another ones Treasure "...I got my Treasure ::tu::
petesknives, your new KA-BAR brought back a couple of memories from old Orlando. My wife and I grew up there BD (before Disney), we remember the name West Robinson Fruit Company and the four digit telephone numbers. One of our old numbers 4819. ::hmm::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Berryb

Post by Berryb »

Mary Jo came thru the door last night with a box from rangerbluedog pinched between thumb and forefinger, extended out in front of her- Like that's gonna do any good. She's a strong woman, but nobody's that strong. PPG in place, I got it open. What flopped out first was an "army" knife still in the blister pack, and a folding corkscrew. It improved after that. A couple of Bokers with re-shaped blades. Someday somebody will invent a paint can that doesn't say to everyone "use yer pocket knife, that'll work". There's a SAK wannabe from Germany that inexplicably has a stainless knife blade. The rest of the tools are carbon steel. The other 2 standouts are; an advertiser with the ads in Cyrillic, and a CRKT that's going into my pocket after a good cleanup, of course. Thanks RBD, it was fun.
Bruce
Attachments
pos gets 2020.jpg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

richard wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:02 am will be like christmas again ::groove:: in a week or two. i cant wait
Richard, remember when you were a kid and that one Christmas when you got socks. Well it's kinda like that. ::rotflol::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

::nod:: ::nod::
jerryd6818 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:58 pm
richard wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:02 am will be like christmas again ::groove:: in a week or two. i cant wait
Richard, remember when you were a kid and that one Christmas when you got socks. Well it's kinda like that. ::rotflol::
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

jerryd6818 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:58 pm
I remember that Christmas..... I was excited to open the biggest box under the tree...... and when I opened it.....
SOCKS.... a whole dozen..... then I looked at my grandmother and said....."Thanks Granny".... (With the best fake smile I could muster)

::uc::
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
Berryb

Post by Berryb »

At least you guys got sox. I got underwear.
Bruce
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

I had a package on my desk at work today, along with a note from my co-worker who dropped it off (something about finding a new job maybe???)

Well, Doglegg, you sure know how to play this game. I see you sharing some nice knives on the forum. Apparently, you kept all of those to yourself, LOL.

Don't get me wrong, there are a few interesting items, so it's not all hopeless, but there are definitely stinkers in there.

Well done!
POS2020.jpg
Oh yeah, the keychain screwdriver is something only a zoomie could appreciate!
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Wow, that is a treasure trove!! ::nod::
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Glenn, I hate that your feel chiseled. I mean if it were too bad you could whistle for help. If you felt to depressed over the pile you could always screw the little plug in into a light bulb fixture and insert one of the knife blades (that's about all a couple could be used for). The ounce of copper could be cashed in to pay your medical bills from the knife blade/electric socket incident. I thought for sure the gentleman knives could be used to impress your mountain man friends with your genteel and cultured nature. And who else has a one size fits nothing keychain screwdriver? And with the SAK Chinese knives you can start a very inexpensive collection that could grow to unstoreable dimensions in no time. And the Klein and scout camping knife are two of the best knives from my humble collection! I hated to let them go (but the house does smell better now)! If you look up POS on Wikipedia you will find a picture of the wonderful group that is now yours. I am crushed. I will try to do better next time. :roll:
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

doglegg wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:00 pm Glenn, I hate that your feel chiseled. I mean if it were too bad you could whistle for help. If you felt to depressed over the pile you could always screw the little plug in into a light bulb fixture and insert one of the knife blades (that's about all a couple could be used for). The ounce of copper could be cashed in to pay your medical bills from the knife blade/electric socket incident. I thought for sure the gentleman knives could be used to impress your mountain man friends with your genteel and cultured nature. And who else has a one size fits nothing keychain screwdriver? And with the SAK Chinese knives you can start a very inexpensive collection that could grow to unstoreable dimensions in no time. And the Klein and scout camping knife are two of the best knives from my humble collection! I hated to let them go (but the house does smell better now)! If you look up POS on Wikipedia you will find a picture of the wonderful group that is now yours. I am crushed. I will try to do better next time. :roll:
Don the gum boots...........it's gettin' deep in here ! ::woot::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Jody744
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jody744 »

Bladebuddy I finally made it to the PO
I apologize for the delay, sickness hath run amuck here.
"I like Case, Queen, S & M, Fightn' Rooster and many more."
(quote stolen from one of Jody Brown's posts)

Return to “General Knife Discussion”