WHAT DID YOU USE YOUR KNIFE FOR TODAY!!!!!!????

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Steamboat Willie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: WHAT DID YOU USE YOUR KNIFE FOR TODAY!!!!!!????

Post by Steamboat Willie »

Case XX 6383 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:16 pm Relaxing
Love the family pictures! ::tu::

Today I used a Case Carhartt edition medium stockman to modify a gourd into a temporary light fixture.
Attachments
4CCF4574-3149-4D47-B258-B5B8D90BC680.jpeg
31360440-70EC-4B87-846C-33DAD2676EB9.jpeg
CA1DA0B6-7EC8-4890-85EE-C056D0BFC151.jpeg
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Very cool, SBW! 🎃
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Steamboat Willie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Steamboat Willie »

Thanks Red! ::handshake::
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Was going to use my 6ot but decided against it.
Carving up my sons Buck with a Victorinox 407-6 and a Case 212-6.5 should do the job ::hmm::
Off to the barn
Attachments
IMG_1787.JPG
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Case XX 6383

Post by Case XX 6383 »

Keeping me occupied in the box blind
Attachments
20221112_083620.jpg
20221112_081210.jpg
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Loving the stag on that knife, 6383. ::nod::👍
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Case XX 6383

Post by Case XX 6383 »

Work it today
Attachments
20221124_082515.jpg
20221124_095817.jpg
20221124_132916.jpg
20221124_141444.jpg
Case XX 6383

Post by Case XX 6383 »

7point
Attachments
IMG_5519.jpg
IMG_5517.jpg
IMG_5522.jpg
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by ken98k »

This micarta handled Rough Ryder folding chefs knife with a 4-3/8" lives on my kitchen counter and probably gets more use than any other knife that I own.
EDIT: After looking it up on SMKW web site, i saw that the handles are G-10, not micarta.
Attachments
RR micart chefs knife.jpg
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

ken98k wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:18 pm This micarta handled Rough Ryder folding chefs knife with a 4-3/8" lives on my kitchen counter and probably gets more use than any other knife that I own.
Hey Ken, that is pretty sweet! I have not seen that before, I like it. Does it have solid lock up? Any blade play? Hold an edge fairly well? I could definitely see adding that to my arsenal... ::hmm::
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Nice buck CaseXX
Love seeing a fine knife hard at work ::ds::
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by ken98k »

313 Mike wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:57 pm
ken98k wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:18 pm This micarta handled Rough Ryder folding chefs knife with a 4-3/8" lives on my kitchen counter and probably gets more use than any other knife that I own.
Hey Ken, that is pretty sweet! I have not seen that before, I like it. Does it have solid lock up? Any blade play? Hold an edge fairly well? I could definitely see adding that to my arsenal... ::hmm::
All of the above, it's a typical Rough Ryder, good lock up, no wiggle and seems to hold an edge pretty well. I've had mine for a couple years and it's probably been through the dish washer a hundred times.
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Well I had to use a 535 Bugout
image.jpg
to open and enjoy a Navel Orange, silly me thinking that all navels peel easy, not the case. These are from Kings River California, my question is are California oranges harder to peel than Florida oranges. The flavor on these are outstanding but the peelings seem to be epoxied onto them. Maybe someone from both regions can enlighten me as to peeling easy on a navel orange from their area.
Attachments
522B6325-84F6-4BD7-95C4-7B4419473361.jpeg
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
www.allaboutpocketknives.com/jamieinwv
selfemadeknives

Post by selfemadeknives »

Exciting I know, but we are decorating at the moment, and I used my knife to clear the old mastic from around the windows!!
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

JamieinWV wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:09 pm Well I had to use a 535 Bugout image.jpgto open and enjoy a Navel Orange, silly me thinking that all navels peel easy, not the case. These are from Kings River California, my question is are California oranges harder to peel than Florida oranges. The flavor on these are outstanding but the peelings seem to be epoxied onto them. Maybe someone from both regions can enlighten me as to peeling easy on a navel orange from their area.
California oranges tend to be redder on the inside than Florida oranges. They also tend to ruin their surrounding area. The soil becomes poisoned and the tree begins to die. Then the tree needs huge government bailouts to sustain it. The seeds are carried off to other areas and new tress grow and then the cycle starts all over again ruining other areas.

Florida oranges tend to have a blueish color on the inside and don't need government bailouts from hard earned taxpayer's dollars. Florida oranges also don't ruin other orchards around them as the California oranges do.
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:26 am
JamieinWV wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:09 pm Well I had to use a 535 Bugout image.jpgto open and enjoy a Navel Orange, silly me thinking that all navels peel easy, not the case. These are from Kings River California, my question is are California oranges harder to peel than Florida oranges. The flavor on these are outstanding but the peelings seem to be epoxied onto them. Maybe someone from both regions can enlighten me as to peeling easy on a navel orange from their area.
California oranges tend to be redder on the inside than Florida oranges. They also tend to ruin their surrounding area. The soil becomes poisoned and the tree begins to die. Then the tree needs huge government bailouts to sustain it. The seeds are carried off to other areas and new tress grow and then the cycle starts all over again ruining other areas.

Florida oranges tend to have a blueish color on the inside and don't need government bailouts from hard earned taxpayer's dollars. Florida oranges also don't ruin other orchards around them as the California oranges do.
Thanks for clearing it up for me…almost sounds political it’s the government’s fault that those oranges are hard to peel..lol
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
www.allaboutpocketknives.com/jamieinwv
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

You seem to have your red and blue mixed up.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

edge213 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:50 pm
California oranges tend to be redder on the inside than Florida oranges.
You seem to have your red and blue mixed up.
::dang:: ::facepalm:: Dhoo!!! ::facepalm::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

JamieinWV wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:55 am
Thanks for clearing it up for me…almost sounds political it’s the government’s fault that those oranges are hard to peel..lol
:oops: Opps! :oops: No political thoughts from me ::hmm:: even if I still associate Communism with the color RED... AS IN "Red Chi-Coms" "Red Soviets" etc...

GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

The most important thing you can use a knife for... ::hmm::
Attachments
DSCF9967.JPG
DSCF9968.JPG

cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Used my Ontario RAT II to cut back several vines that had grown from the outside of the barn (it's in the back, up a steep embankment, which is difficult and unsafe to reach) to the inside.

The RAT II took it like a champ. I accidentally cut into the (chestnut) boards of the barn a couple of times, and I did not notice a single rolled or chipped spot.
IMG_20230106_115557.jpg
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Case XX 6383 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:36 pm Work it today
Congrats!! Knice buck!!!

Used a knife gifted to me (by dlr110) yesterday to mince dome garlic.Thanks pal!
Attachments
20230112_105705.jpg
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Nev52

Post by Nev52 »

I usually don’t carry my phone when I am working but I figured I would take a couple of pictures of my dad’s old Camillus electrician knife in action. :(
Nev
Camillus electrician knife.jpg
Camillus .jpg
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Thats what that knife was meant to do ::tu::
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Used my Camillus 99 can opener for what it was meant to do. It worked better than the worn-out church keys we have that are as old as the knife.
IMG_20230121_114139.jpg

Return to “General Knife Discussion”