Looking for info on robert klass solingen

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Oscarmeyer

Looking for info on robert klass solingen

Post by Oscarmeyer »

I got this old robert klass solingen germany tri fold blade. Its got the number 32 on it. I carry it daily because 32 was always my dads favorite number. (Late model racecars)
My question is, how old is it? Should i clean the rust off? And is it worth anything? Not that id sell it.
Attachments
20200126_122823.jpg
20200126_122901.jpg
20200126_122917.jpg
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Re: Looking for info on robert klass solingen

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Oscarmeyer wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:33 pm I got this old robert klass solingen germany tri fold blade. Its got the number 32 on it. I carry it daily because 32 was always my dads favorite number. (Late model racecars)
My question is, how old is it? Should i clean the rust off? And is it worth anything? Not that id sell it.
You might get more results if you post your question(s) here:
viewforum.php?f=30
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Personally, I'd probably just use a lead pencil on the overt rusted (orange) areas. Rubbed on the areas will remove rust, without harming the metal. I'd preserve the "patina"...then get some oil on the blades and joints.
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Hi and welcome to AAPK. The knife you're showing us is a stockman pattern. Robi Klaas ceased production in Germany a few years ago. The brand is now being made in China. Condition is always key when it comes to value of a knife. Your knife, having been used and showing some signs of rusting isn't going to fetch any big sum of money. it's greater value, I would presume, is sentimental. The composite handles are nice but don't lend much to increasing the value either. I'd guess your knife was made sometime in the last thirty years or so but that's only a guess on my part. I'd estimate it might be worth somewhere in the $40 range.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I will second what Phil has said above: good user knife, little collector value. Sharpen blade edges, oil the joints and you have a good knife ready for use.
kj

Return to “General Knife Discussion”