COVID 2020 POS exgange

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: COVID 2020 POS exgange

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Wow, you people got some good stuff. However, I think I got the best haul from doglegg. lol I too am plotting now for another round after New Years, and my recipient will be getting some special "treats"!
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Boys, I've been lookin' into the fine print on shipping POS packages and wondered if the USPS can actually send a package to the landfill rather than make an effort to deliver it.
Our man in charge of this exchange, Stanwade, faithfully sent a package to me on the 17th. The tracking # shows that it departed his local post office on the 17th, it arrived at a Regional Origin Facility (what ever that is) on the 18th and departed that facility on the 22nd. Then in so many words the tracking info says your package is in transit and is arriving late. ::uc:: ::not_saying::
I believe the package was dumped off in a landfill due to excessive odor!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Philip, don't give the USPS any ideas. They have enough excuses as it is.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

treefarmer wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:48 pm Boys, I've been lookin' into the fine print on shipping POS packages and wondered if the USPS can actually send a package to the landfill rather than make an effort to deliver it.
Our man in charge of this exchange, Stanwade, faithfully sent a package to me on the 17th. The tracking # shows that it departed his local post office on the 17th, it arrived at a Regional Origin Facility (what ever that is) on the 18th and departed that facility on the 22nd. Then in so many words the tracking info says your package is in transit and is arriving late. ::uc:: ::not_saying::
I believe the package was dumped off in a landfill due to excessive odor!
Treefarmer

Hmmmm...😁😁😁🤣🤣
Ryan

“That’ll be the day”—-John Wayne
Jody744
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jody744 »

Ok so what’s the Covid steel?
"I like Case, Queen, S & M, Fightn' Rooster and many more."
(quote stolen from one of Jody Brown's posts)
Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

Scale Military--I received a really smelly package yesterday.. I'll suit up later and post some pictures if I don't pass out....😁
Ryan

treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

First off I want to say I didn't realize how far it it is to Pennsylvania. I checked on this situation and the computer told me it was 994 miles to Stanwade's place. Since it took 18 days for Ryan's box to get to here, I figured they put it on a slow mule that averaged 2.3 miles per hour. ::shrug::
When I opened the package, I found some real nasty stuff!
There were 9 pieces in the big package and then there was a small zip lock bag with 2 items in it. The items were quite patriotic with the exception of one Irish refugee.
Here's how the mess unfolded:
The well wrapped box that spent 18 days traveling 994 miles.
The well wrapped box that spent 18 days traveling 994 miles.
When I open the box there was a tightly wrapped wad of red plastic bubble wrap sealed with clear tape.
When I open the box there was a tightly wrapped wad of red plastic bubble wrap sealed with clear tape.
Looking into the contents, I spotted a small zip lock bag that was sure enough nasty! Inside was some sort of knife and a 4" adjustable wrench that were frozen up.  After I opened it I had to have Miss Joy snap the picture as my paws were covered in poo(some sort of lubricant).
Looking into the contents, I spotted a small zip lock bag that was sure enough nasty! Inside was some sort of knife and a 4" adjustable wrench that were frozen up. After I opened it I had to have Miss Joy snap the picture as my paws were covered in poo(some sort of lubricant).
Pure nasty.  Well played Ryan!
Pure nasty. Well played Ryan!
Things got a bit better when I began to inspect the contributions made by Stanwade. From left to right you can see what was in the POS package.<br />1-a hairless Imperial shell handled 3 blade stockman<br />2-a 3 blade utility knife made by H.C. Cook Ansonia, CT<br />3-USA key chain fob with 2 chisel ground blades<br />4-a Camp Buddy (never saw this stamp before)<br />5-a pretty decent Ulster electricians knife, TL-29 Maybe?<br />6-an Ulster Boy Scout knife<br />7-a Camillus made Remington Barlow<br />8-a Colonial advertising knife<br />9-an Irish Barlow made by Imperial<br />The 2 at the top still covered in poo, one's some kind of a knife and the other is a froze up 4&quot; RIDGID adjustable wrench.
Things got a bit better when I began to inspect the contributions made by Stanwade. From left to right you can see what was in the POS package.
1-a hairless Imperial shell handled 3 blade stockman
2-a 3 blade utility knife made by H.C. Cook Ansonia, CT
3-USA key chain fob with 2 chisel ground blades
4-a Camp Buddy (never saw this stamp before)
5-a pretty decent Ulster electricians knife, TL-29 Maybe?
6-an Ulster Boy Scout knife
7-a Camillus made Remington Barlow
8-a Colonial advertising knife
9-an Irish Barlow made by Imperial
The 2 at the top still covered in poo, one's some kind of a knife and the other is a froze up 4" RIDGID adjustable wrench.
Thanks, Ryan! Enjoyed discovering what y'all throw out in Pennsylvania. ::poke::
Treefarmer

cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Treefarmer--really nice lot there! Pretty much nothing I'd call a POS either!

I've freed up wrenches that have literally been buried with enough WD-40. Last time, however, it took half the can to free up a ratchet I found buried in the gravels inside the garage. That's, I guess, why it's recommended to get the gallon bulk bottle of the stuff and a common spray bottle.

The 4" adjustable wrenches are the right size to shove in a pocket, but are way easier to use than some of the fiddly "alligator" type wrenches built into a prybar sold for EDC. I like the Latshaw Tool PocketWrench II (as it fits in the little pocket in my Leatherman's sheath behind the tool), but not being open-ended has caused me a ton of hassle. I have a USA-made Western Forge/Craftsman one I bought right before Sears sold the name to Stanley (who was stupid enough to align it with their own brand tools, instead of Proto, which is how I view the USA-made Craftsman)--been a really handy little booger. Except for the fact the head on this one is the same as a 6", making it pretty bulky for a 4" wrench. But, some gate hinge have bolts just a bit bigger than a 4" usually opens up. Going to have to buy myself a true 4" adjustable. Checking eBay right now.

18 Days! And I thought the little bit over a week it took the package I sent off was excessive!
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Happy for you Philip. Something to fertilize those fall pumpkins with. 18 days, that wrench probably wasn't even rusty when it was sent!!! ::shrug:: ::hmm::
Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

Philip-- this 🔪 knife and this 🔧 wrench have been in that bag for at least 15 years sitting on my tool box waiting for me to clean them.... I figured I'd let you clean it up ...I thought maybe you could use that wrench on starvation plantation lol! Glad you enjoyed all the 💩!!

Scale Military--ill post pictures of the 💩 you sent me when you finally get your 💩!! I can't believe customs let it through!😁😁
Attachments
Screenshot_20200904-113829.png
Ryan

Kolvir

Post by Kolvir »

I was looking at some knives and realized that I never posted pictures from jerryd6818. Very sorry about that, I've been crazy busy since the storm on 8/10 and Dove season opened Tuesday and have been occupied by that too.

I was really surprised by the knife in the second photo; I'm quite fond of Buck Knives too! As always this was a lot of fun.
pos.JPG
buck 285.JPG
Scale Military

Post by Scale Military »

Hey everyone, just "received stanwades package. Some stinkers in there but a couple one that look pretty good. ::tu::
William C. Westmoreland "The military don't start wars. Politicians start wars."
George S. Patton Jr. "Live for something rather than die for nothing."
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Stanwade wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:41 pm Philip-- this 🔪 knife and this 🔧 wrench have been in that bag for at least 15 years sitting on my tool box waiting for me to clean them.... I figured I'd let you clean it up ...I thought maybe you could use that wrench on starvation plantation lol! Glad you enjoyed all the 💩!!

Scale Military--ill post pictures of the 💩 you sent me when you finally get your 💩!! I can't believe customs let it through!😁😁
Ryan, can you tell me anything about that knife? I have piddled around with it a bit an have gotten it to work. It is a fast firing joker! The only marking on it a tang stamp U.S.A.
I'm going to post some pictures of it and see if anyone might be able to identify it. It sure seem not to be a POS.
Treefarmer

Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

Philip--I have a few like that that my dad bought at a flea market years ago... they are made in China even though they say USA on them ( the ones I have left are a little different but they were made by the same company)he used to get them for five bucks a piece at the flea market and we would take them to work and sell them for 10 bucks a piece ...they're not bad for a knife you're not worried about abusing or losing...I can't recall ever sharpening one so I don't know what kind of edge they'll take or hold.. people who would buy them from us (mostly truck drivers, my dad was head of shipping at our mill for 25 years so he dealt with dozens of drivers every day) were just enamored with them because they were a switchblade for 10 bucks
Ryan

DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Smelled something unusual at the mail box and found this box of.................inside. Thank you Petesknives!
Attachments
IMG_4764.JPG
David
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

David, looks like you may have a prize in there besides the smoked oysters. Is that one of the aluminium framed Queen Barlow?
Treefarmer

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

David, just when you thought you were safe......
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

LOL.... a little snack included to help ease the pain of such a SMELLY package.....
Congrats!!!!

:mrgreen:
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

It is not a POS package if smoked oysters are included!! ::drool::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

treefarmer wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:22 am David, looks like you may have a prize in there besides the smoked oysters. Is that one of the aluminium framed Queen Barlow?
Treefarmer
Yes sir Philip it is! ::tu::
doglegg wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:42 am David, just when you thought you were safe......
:lol:
Meridian_Mike wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:41 am LOL.... a little snack included to help ease the pain of such a SMELLY package.....
Congrats!!!!

:mrgreen:
Yes indeed! :D
orvet wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:23 pm It is not a POS package if smoked oysters are included!! ::drool::
They are packed with red chili's does that count? :lol:
David
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

DM11 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:04 pm
orvet wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:23 pm It is not a POS package if smoked oysters are included!! ::drool::
They are packed with red chili's does that count? :lol:
Yes, yes yes! Those are the best kind! :mrgreen:
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

Try chopping them up fine, stuff them into nice sized mushrooms then cover with a nice chunk of swiss cheese then bake..mmmmmmmm...
Ryan

DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Stanwade wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:44 pm Try chopping them up fine, stuff them into nice sized mushrooms then cover with a nice chunk of swiss cheese then bake..mmmmmmmm...
Sounds good! ::tu::
David
petesknives

Post by petesknives »

Here's my Package of Snacks from DM11 ::nod::

Thanks Dave, my cats have been trying to bury them in their litterbox since they got here ::facepalm::

I really like the Old Cutler, with some TLC, it might find its way into my pocket.

If I can find it in the Litter box ::tu::

Enjoy the oysters and Gummy Bears ::handshake::

Ken 🔪🔪
Attachments
Pile of Snacks
Pile of Snacks
"Buy more ammo!" Johnnie Fain RIP

"Buy the ticket, take the ride"
Hunter S. Thompson. RIP
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

treefarmer wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:27 pm First off I want to say I didn't realize how far it it is to Pennsylvania. I checked on this situation and the computer told me it was 994 miles to Stanwade's place. Since it took 18 days for Ryan's box to get to here, I figured they put it on a slow mule that averaged 2.3 miles per hour. ::shrug::
When I opened the package, I found some real nasty stuff!
There were 9 pieces in the big package and then there was a small zip lock bag with 2 items in it. The items were quite patriotic with the exception of one Irish refugee.
Here's how the mess unfolded:001.JPG002.JPG003.JPG006.JPG011.JPG
Thanks, Ryan! Enjoyed discovering what y'all throw out in Pennsylvania. ::poke::
Treefarmer
I had a pleasant surprise this morning! Just piddling around before church time, I picked up the little frozen up Ridgid 4" adjustable that Stanwade sent me during the Covid POS and it was free a can be! I had put some oil on it a first and got it to move about 1/2 turn but no more so I just left it laying on the bench and this morning, like I said it was free like a new wrench.
001.JPG
Thanks again, Ryan! ::handshake::
Treefarmer

Return to “General Knife Discussion”