Comfort Knives!

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Comfort Knives!

Post by toomanyknives »

Madmarco wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:10 am
toomanyknives wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:32 pm
Madmarco wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:42 pm
Nothing would please me more my friend, and I have the money to do so, but I'm afraid your Customs might not be too happy about some minor indiscretions from my youth! Thanks all the same buddy! 8)
Ha! They haven't kicked me out yet! :D
Oh really, ::hmm:: where do you hail from, ::shrug:: and I don't mean your Mom? 8)
I hail from Georgia in the U.S.A.. I figure if the US hasn't kicked me out, they would have no problem letting you in! :D
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

toomanyknives wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:03 am
toomanyknives wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:32 pm
Ha! They haven't kicked me out yet! :D
Oh really, ::hmm:: where do you hail from, ::shrug:: and I don't mean your Mom? 8)
I hail from Georgia in the U.S.A.. I figure if the US hasn't kicked me out, they would have no problem letting you in! :D
O.K., I finally get it bud! I knew from your avatar info you are in Georgia, but when you said they haven't kicked you out yet it sounded like you came from somewhere else, duh! I'd love to come down and visit, or stay, but your young 22 year old body and mind would need to put time aside each afternoon for naps for my ancient old 68 year old body and mind, ya still game? LOL! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

When I get a new knife it stands to reason that it will be my comfort knife for the day, and here it is! I got this knife from "doodlefroodle" on ebay, and it's the 4th piece I've received from them. It's unmarked except for a front tang stamp of "Surgical Steel Japan", and is an 8 3/4" oal swinguard slip-joint/SS dagger blade with long pull/fuller whichever you prefer and guards, SS bolsters and liners, brass pins, and black Delrin covers. Very light(for me!)at only 2.3 oz.'s, and came sharpened by the previous owner. It has a surprising walk n' talk of about 6, and relatively good fit n' finish for a used piece. Prior to seeing this knife on ebay I'd never seen this style knife before, and what I mean by that is a skinny swinguard with a dagger blade, and then this morning while browsing ebay I found another one with brown covers and clip-point blade, go figure huh! I'm really glad I spotted mine first! It'll take it's place with my "unusual" group! 8)
WIN_20210922_11_10_34_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210922_11_09_55_Pro.jpg
8)
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

Madmarco wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:35 pm
O.K., I finally get it bud! I knew from your avatar info you are in Georgia, but when you said they haven't kicked you out yet it sounded like you came from somewhere else, duh! I'd love to come down and visit, or stay, but your young 22 year old body and mind would need to put time aside each afternoon for naps for my ancient old 68 year old body and mind, ya still game? LOL! 8)
Ha! You only have me by 6 years. I'll be 62 in January. I'll place a wager that I can out nap you!! :D
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

toomanyknives wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:49 pm

Ha! You only have me by 6 years. I'll be 62 in January. I'll place a wager that I can out nap you!! :D
I'm so sorry buddy, ::handshake:: I thought you were only 22. I don't know who I had you mixed up with? ::shrug:: Oh well, at least we could have those "senior moments" together! ::facepalm:: 8)
8)
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

Madmarco wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:53 am
I'm so sorry buddy, ::handshake:: I thought you were only 22. I don't know who I had you mixed up with? ::shrug:: Oh well, at least we could have those "senior moments" together! ::facepalm:: 8)
My wife says I act like a 14 year old, so I'll take 22... :lol:
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

toomanyknives wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:09 am
I remembered ::idea:: who it is who's 22, Willy Camaro. Sorry again, although you seem O.K. ::tu:: with it! LOL! 8)
8)
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

Madmarco wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:07 pm
I remembered ::idea:: who it is who's 22, Willy Camaro. Sorry again, although you seem O.K. ::tu:: with it! LOL! 8)
All these youngsters need to get off my lawn!!! :lol:
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

toomanyknives wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:00 pm
Or what, you'll stand there and let em' shoot you?(Clint Eastwood/"Gran Torino"!) Right? LOL! 8)
8)
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

Madmarco wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:10 pm
Or what, you'll stand there and let em' shoot you?(Clint Eastwood/"Gran Torino"!) Right? LOL! 8)
Clint was the best man at my brother's wedding. They are golfing buddies.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

toomanyknives wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:01 am

Wow, I am in awe! ::woot:: I now know the brother of a man who is tight with "The man with no name", how frickin' cool is that! ::tu:: Even cooler is that you're the brother! Wow! 8)
8)
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

Madmarco wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:50 pm
Wow, I am in awe! ::woot:: I now know the brother of a man who is tight with "The man with no name", how frickin' cool is that! ::tu:: Even cooler is that you're the brother! Wow! 8)
Yep, that and a dollar will get you a weak cup of coffee! :D
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

toomanyknives wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:25 pm

Ya just had to rain on my parade didn't ya! :x Must be your old age makin' you grumpy! ::sot:: LOL! 8)
8)
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

Madmarco wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:50 pm
toomanyknives wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:25 pm
Ya just had to rain on my parade didn't ya! :x Must be your old age makin' you grumpy! ::sot:: LOL! 8)
Get off my lawn!!! :wink:
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I'm receiving plenty of comfort from this custom made auto I got today! 11 1/2" oal picklock/5mm SS bayonet blade, NS bolsters and liners, 5mm spring, extended spine with filework, brass pins, exposed rocker-arm for firing, white/green jigged camel bone covers, and NO pocket-clip. For an in-depth explanation about the history and availability of these knives, go to "The Switchblade Collectors" forum in the thread "Some of my autos", and read about it. Please excuse my poor pictures but I couldn't stop the reflections no matter what I tried! 8)
WIN_20210929_14_53_41_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210929_14_52_58_Pro.jpg
8)
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Madmarco wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:10 pm I'm receiving plenty of comfort from this custom made auto I got today! 11 1/2" oal picklock/5mm SS bayonet blade, NS bolsters and liners, 5mm spring, extended spine with filework, brass pins, exposed rocker-arm for firing, white/green jigged camel bone covers, and NO pocket-clip. For an in-depth explanation about the history and availability of these knives, go to "The Switchblade Collectors" forum in the thread "Some of my autos", and read about it. Please excuse my poor pictures but I couldn't stop the reflections no matter what I tried! 8)WIN_20210929_14_53_41_Pro.jpgWIN_20210929_14_52_58_Pro.jpg
Cool looking auto Marc. Would love to see what the spine filework looks like. Have you got a scanner? I have seen some people put a knife on a scanners surface and lay a cloth over it with varying degrees of success.
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I'm sorry Smitty, I don't have a scanner or even a printer for that matter, but even if I did I wouldn't know how to operate either. I'm 68 and have only had my laptop for a couple of years, and it's my very 1st computer. I'm late out of the gate, but quick over the line! Mind you, if I did have a scanner I surely would have figured out how to use it so I could have posted better pictures all this time. I took a shot of the filework, although it's not very good. The filework is quite simple displaying a pattern of what looks like interconnected bones. Please excuse the pin sticking up, it's the temporary pivot I used so I could post pictures now instead of having to wait for the new one to arrive. 8)
WIN_20210930_12_45_20_Pro.jpg
8)
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Madmarco wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:46 pm I'm sorry Smitty, I don't have a scanner or even a printer for that matter, but even if I did I wouldn't know how to operate either. I'm 68 and have only had my laptop for a couple of years, and it's my very 1st computer. I'm late out of the gate, but quick over the line! Mind you, if I did have a scanner I surely would have figured out how to use it so I could have posted better pictures all this time. I took a shot of the filework, although it's not very good. The filework is quite simple displaying a pattern of what looks like interconnected bones. Please excuse the pin sticking up, it's the temporary pivot I used so I could post pictures now instead of having to wait for the new one to arrive. 8)WIN_20210930_12_45_20_Pro.jpg
That's good enough to see the filework and pattern. Very cool look. ::tu::

Smitty
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks buddy! ::handshake:: 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I got caught-up with posting other knives I received recently and somehow neglected to post these two! They came along with the Siciliano style folder I posted the other day and will make nice additions to my family of M. Fraraccio hand made knives. Both knives are 11" oal(11 1/2" with the bales)slip-joints/SS spear-point blades, SS 12+16 Gauge shell-puller bolsters and brass 12+16 Gauge s-p bolsters, SS liners and bales, brass pins, and black ABS cover. Each weighs about 7 oz.'s, and arrived extremely sharp. They're marked with M.F. stamps and circled Cal. 12+16 stamped pullers. They produce very tight walk n' talk, and fit n' finish is excellent. Even after applying Q.R. oil neither knife loosened up much, although the blades are wide enough that one needn't break any nails opening them. These are quality knives that don't break the bank when purchased! The 1st knife is in SS and the 2nd in brass, even though my pics fail to display this fact! 8)
WIN_20211001_13_44_41_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211001_13_45_42_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211001_13_46_04_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211001_13_46_37_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211001_13_48_08_Pro.jpg
8)
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

This is a really nice little knife, a lambsfoot with ironwood covers, carrying it over the last few days in a handmade knife pouch, the pouch is made by a bloke who lives out in the bush in Tasmania. Can be hard to get, i think he only makes batches when he is low on funds, but he is a skilled craftsman and does a really good job, i have been lucky enough to score a couple. Have a good weekend everyone. :) .
IMAG0653.jpg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

cudgee wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:10 pm This is a really nice little knife, a lambsfoot with ironwood covers, carrying it over the last few days in a handmade knife pouch, the pouch is made by a bloke who lives out in the bush in Tasmania. Can be hard to get, i think he only makes batches when he is low on funds, but he is a skilled craftsman and does a really good job, i have been lucky enough to score a couple. Have a good weekend everyone. :) .

IMAG0653.jpg
Cudgee! More pics of both the knife and sheath, please! Thx! 8)
8)
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Here you go mate, hope you like them. ::tu:: ::handshake::
IMAG0657.jpg
IMAG0658.jpg
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

MadMarco, love the old shell pullers. Great pick ups. Excellent!!! ::nod:: ::nod::

Cudgee a very attractive and useful knife. ::tu::
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Madmarco wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:19 pm I got caught-up with posting other knives I received recently and somehow neglected to post these two! They came along with the Siciliano style folder I posted the other day and will make nice additions to my family of M. Fraraccio hand made knives. Both knives are 11" oal(11 1/2" with the bales)slip-joints/SS spear-point blades, SS 12+16 Gauge shell-puller bolsters and brass 12+16 Gauge s-p bolsters, SS liners and bales, brass pins, and black ABS cover. Each weighs about 7 oz.'s, and arrived extremely sharp. They're marked with M.F. stamps and circled Cal. 12+16 stamped pullers. They produce very tight walk n' talk, and fit n' finish is excellent. Even after applying Q.R. oil neither knife loosened up much, although the blades are wide enough that one needn't break any nails opening them. These are quality knives that don't break the bank when purchased! The 1st knife is in SS and the 2nd in brass, even though my pics fail to display this fact!
Slick looking pair Marc. The shell pullers give them a retro touch but a overall classy look. ::tu::

cudgee wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:44 pm Here you go mate, hope you like them. ::tu:: ::handshake::

IMAG0657.jpg
IMAG0658.jpg
Awesome looking Lambsfoot Cudgee!! ::tu:: Really like the look of the sheath also. Good job to the guy making them!!

Smitty

Return to “General Knife Discussion”