Comfort Knives!

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Comfort Knives!

Post by Madmarco »

Yep, Customs sure sucks Jamie. But we have our little methods to overcome the oppression and I'll continue using them as long as possible. 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

That's a wicked looking folder Sam, and it looks brand new, nice! 8)
8)
Samb

Post by Samb »

It's a little heavy so it didn't get much pocket time, kept making my pants sag and that's not the look for a fella my age. Thanks for the compliment!
Samb

Post by Samb »

Boker Magnums
IMG_20221101_110936174.jpg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

That's another solid, wicked looking knife Sam! I was under the impression that Boker only made a couple of styles in the Magnum line, but I've seen 2 that I own, as well as a few from you so I guess I was wrong, if you can imagine that! LOL! 8)
8)
Samb

Post by Samb »

Godfather and son
IMG_20221115_091944740.jpg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

They're great to look at, but ya gotta tell us what you think of them Sam? ::shrug:: ! 8)
8)
Samb

Post by Samb »

Loosened up the pivot screw on both of them just a smidgen and locktited them, watch out now. Just love them!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I knew you would bud! ::tu:: I'm really glad you mentioned loosening the pivot screws, now you can tell me just how you go about doing that with the screw only having the one-sided adjustable opening, for the life of me I can't figure that out! Thx! ::handshake:: 8)
8)
Samb

Post by Samb »

Just got the correct torx bit and unscrewed them. On some of the cheapos I've had I had to put some pressure on the backside of the screw.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

So that's it, the back section doesn't just spin as you turn the other side? I've attempted the pressure thing on another knife, but all that happened was everything turned, I'll try it on my G/F! Thanks bud! ::handshake:: 8)
8)
Samb

Post by Samb »

Sometimes they do spin so you may have to put some pressure on the back to break it loose. Neither the godson or the godfather spinned on mine and I didn't loosen the but a very little bit and they fired pretty good before I loosened them but they really crack now!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Sam! ::handshake:: 8)
8)
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

Ya got some nice ones there, Sam!
Tim
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” - Ronald Reagan
Samb

Post by Samb »

tvic wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:56 pm Ya got some nice ones there, Sam!
Thanks, safe queens though. Sure would hate to loose one of them. They're just for click therepy but that godfather sure could do some damage.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Well, due to some folks "bombing" me knives, and my financial situation stabilizing, I'll be back to posting new knives! I placed an order with my buddy Jamie, and he sent this and 1 other in a separate package in an attempt to circumvent Customs, and it worked. The first is this, my first Kershaw 1600 A/O Speed-Safe frame-lock with a SS Wharncliffe blade that has a blade-stop not a stud but also a "flipper" tab, SS body, adjustable pivot, Speed-Safe locking, and a pocket-clip. Light at about 3 oz.'s and very sharp. Silky-smooth flipper opening along with equally smooth closing. Excellent fit n' finish. I've read comments now for some time regarding how much folks like these knives, and now after playing with this one I totally understand what all the excitement is about! These are great knives! Another one tomorrow and as they arrive! 8)
WIN_20221121_13_58_07_Pro.jpg
WIN_20221121_13_58_24_Pro.jpg
8)
Samb

Post by Samb »

Glad to see one got through, those are nice. I had a knock off of one of those and I was really impressed with it so I'm sure the original is better.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Those Kershaw knives are the best. They open lightning fast too. Nice knife and it’s really nice that Jamie bombed you with that.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Samb wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:21 am Glad to see one got through, those are nice. I had a knock off of one of those and I was really impressed with it so I'm sure the original is better.
It's my 1st Leek Sam, and I really like it so far! He had the 2 A/O's wrapped in tinfoil, as well as using tinfoil as the filler, so I'm starting to think that method is successful to get my knives past Customs! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:54 am Those Kershaw knives are the best. They open lightning fast too. Nice knife and it’s really nice that Jamie bombed you with that.
Thanks buddy! ::tu:: This knife was ordered from Jamie Mark, but he has bombed me a few! I'm very impressed with the lightning fast and smooth opening on this knife! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

This is the 2nd A/O'er from Jamie, and unfortunately, I received the wrong color! Jamie got an email from a guy who said he'd ordered a green model, but a black model arrived, so that's where the switcharoo happened cuz I ordered the black! Not a big deal by any stretch, the knife itself is a nice one. It's a Ganzo F7651-GR A/O axis-lock with a 440C SS clip/drop (?) point blade with ambi-studs, pea-soup green G-10 covers, axis-lock closing, adjustable pivot, SS liners and screws, and pocket-clip. Comfortable weight of about 4 oz.'s and came extremely sharp. Smooth deployment via the stud with equally smooth closing via the axis-lock. Fit and finish is to Ganzo standards. These Ganzo manuals are quite the knives, built well and inexpensive, who else can claim that? 8)
WIN_20221121_13_58_50_Pro.jpg
WIN_20221121_13_59_20_Pro.jpg
8)
Samb

Post by Samb »

Ganzo is a liner lock, I have some Ganzo automatics that I will post soon. Can't say enough about Ganzo's, nice knives on the cheap!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Do you mean the green Ganzo I posted is a liner lock Sam? ::shrug:: Because I'm 100% positive mine is an axis-lock, hence the little sliding dual-sided stud thingy above the pivot screw! ::huff:: Can't wait to see your autos! 8)
8)
Samb

Post by Samb »

Madmarco wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:55 am Do you mean the green Ganzo I posted is a liner lock Sam? ::shrug:: Because I'm 100% positive mine is an axis-lock, hence the little sliding dual-sided stud thingy above the pivot screw! ::huff:: Can't wait to see your autos! 8)
No, the black one I posted.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Got it, DUH! 8)
8)

Return to “General Knife Discussion”