Comfort Knives!

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Comfort Knives!

Post by Papa Bones »

Madmarco wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:37 pm Received 3 more beauties today and as per to my prior posts I'll post one-a-day! All 3 models were handmade in Italy by M. Fraracco. The first is a 7 3/4" oal Siciliano style slip-joint/SS dagger blade with n/n, SS bolsters liners and pins, and really nice buffalo horn covers with white streaks. Kindda light for my liking at only 2.4 oz.'s but I'll learn to live with it, and it's another one that arrived shaving-sharp. Marked only with the builders stamp and "INOX". Fairly tight w+t of about 7, and a virtually perfect f+f. I've wanted this style knife in an automatic for awhile, but this'll certainly do until that happens. I'm in some serious "comfort" today! Check back tomorrow to view the 2nd one! 8)WIN_20210920_12_20_50_Pro.jpgWIN_20210920_12_20_31_Pro.jpg
Good looking knife Marc! ::tu:: ::tu:: Buffalo horn always give a classy look. ::tu:: Me thinks with the slim design of the handles it would be easy to gain a good grip to do a one handed flip, depending on how stiff the spring is.
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

WillyCamaro wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:15 pm
Madmarco wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:37 pm Received 3 more beauties today and as per to my prior posts I'll post one-a-day! All 3 models were handmade in Italy by M. Fraracco. The first is a 7 3/4" oal Siciliano style slip-joint/SS dagger blade with n/n, SS bolsters liners and pins, and really nice buffalo horn covers with white streaks. Kindda light for my liking at only 2.4 oz.'s but I'll learn to live with it, and it's another one that arrived shaving-sharp. Marked only with the builders stamp and "INOX". Fairly tight w+t of about 7, and a virtually perfect f+f. I've wanted this style knife in an automatic for awhile, but this'll certainly do until that happens. I'm in some serious "comfort" today! Check back tomorrow to view the 2nd one! 8)WIN_20210920_12_20_50_Pro.jpgWIN_20210920_12_20_31_Pro.jpg
I can see as to why mate!

What a neat design! Reminds me of a quill knife, from days gone by.

And being made in Italy, by M. Fraracco no less. It's a win all-the-way-round in my book.
Well done brother.
::tu::
Thanks a bunch Willy! ::handshake:: In the pic where it's open I was holding it at an odd angle so the bottom bolster looks distorted, in the pic where it's closed the bolster looks much more like it really is. 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Papa Bones wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:10 pm
Good looking knife Marc! ::tu:: ::tu:: Buffalo horn always give a classy look. ::tu:: Me thinks with the slim design of the handles it would be easy to gain a good grip to do a one handed flip, depending on how stiff the spring is.
Thanks so much Smitty! ::handshake:: My pics don't show it but the covers are a bit swollen in the center so it provides excellent grip. The knife has nothing but the nic, no stud, no flipper, no A/O so 2 hands are definitely required to open it, but even if it did have any of those it would still be impossible to flip open due to an extremely strong spring. 8)
8)
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

He makes some killer knives, Marco! Good grab there. I love buffalo horn knives..
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Kerry! ::handshake:: I totally agree about both points you made, buffalo horn really does spice up a knife, and M.F. does build some beauties, but I just don't understand how he can offer them so inexpensively. ::shrug:: 8)
8)
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

Madmarco wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:44 pm Thanks Kerry! ::handshake:: I totally agree about both points you made, buffalo horn really does spice up a knife, and M.F. does build some beauties, but I just don't understand how he can offer them so inexpensively. ::shrug:: 8)
Hey, don't ask questions. Just snap them up as fast as you can!! ::tu::
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Good advise bud that I will heed! 8)
8)
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

Madmarco wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:47 pm Good advise bud that I will heed! 8)
I saw one I think that I need...
fraraccio-cmf05-siciliano-tutto-folder-8437-228x228.jpg
fraraccio-cmf05-siciliano-tutto-folder-8437-228x228.jpg (5.5 KiB) Viewed 1746 times
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

toomanyknives wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:55 pm
I saw one I think that I need...fraraccio-cmf05-siciliano-tutto-folder-8437-228x228.jpg
Kerry! I don't know where you viewed this knife, but the store that I bought all of mine is on ebay, "ilcasaledelsole2016", although I've never been able to figure out how to find a specific seller on ebay, perhaps you know how to? If not, try searching "Handmade Italian knives", or "shell-puller knives", or "Sciciliano style knives", and some of theirs should come up. They have the knife in your pic in about a 9" model, as well as a model about 12 1/2" in similar cover materials. I can't tell you how many times I've had the 2 on my "Watchlist" only to be bumped for something else I liked. Maybe someday yet! 8)
8)
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

Madmarco wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:10 pm
toomanyknives wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:55 pm
I saw one I think that I need...fraraccio-cmf05-siciliano-tutto-folder-8437-228x228.jpg
Kerry! I don't know where you viewed this knife, but the store that I bought all of mine is on ebay, "ilcasaledelsole2016", although I've never been able to figure out how to find a specific seller on ebay, perhaps you know how to? If not, try searching "Handmade Italian knives", or "shell-puller knives", or "Sciciliano style knives", and some of theirs should come up. They have the knife in your pic in about a 9" model, as well as a model about 12 1/2" in similar cover materials. I can't tell you how many times I've had the 2 on my "Watchlist" only to be bumped for something else I liked. Maybe someday yet! 8)
It's a place called Knife Outlet, here in the US. Indiana to be exact.. They had a good many models for sale at very good prices..
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I just checked out Knife Outlet and their price is similar to ebay's, US$17. + US$8. shipping no matter how many knives you order at ebay, and US$19.95 + ? shipping at K.O. . K.O. didn't offer the 12 1/2"er though. You know my penchant for sets of knives(9"+11", etc.).I checked their prices for the Cold Steel knives I recently bought up here, and they were FAR better than what I paid even with currency exchange, but I'd have lost them to the Customs Clowns if they'd inspected my package, which in all likelihood would have been the case. I DEFINITELY should have been born in the states! Wanna adopt me? ::nod:: 8)
8)
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

Madmarco wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:48 pm I just checked out Knife Outlet and their price is similar to ebay's, US$17. + US$8. shipping no matter how many knives you order at ebay, and US$19.95 + ? shipping at K.O. . K.O. didn't offer the 12 1/2"er though. You know my penchant for sets of knives(9"+11", etc.).I checked their prices for the Cold Steel knives I recently bought up here, and they were FAR better than what I paid even with currency exchange, but I'd have lost them to the Customs Clowns if they'd inspected my package, which in all likelihood would have been the case. I DEFINITELY should have been born in the states! Wanna adopt me? ::nod:: 8)
Come on down! Bring your shorts, it stays in the 90's all summer here!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

toomanyknives wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:05 pm
Madmarco wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:48 pm I just checked out Knife Outlet and their price is similar to ebay's, US$17. + US$8. shipping no matter how many knives you order at ebay, and US$19.95 + ? shipping at K.O. . K.O. didn't offer the 12 1/2"er though. You know my penchant for sets of knives(9"+11", etc.).I checked their prices for the Cold Steel knives I recently bought up here, and they were FAR better than what I paid even with currency exchange, but I'd have lost them to the Customs Clowns if they'd inspected my package, which in all likelihood would have been the case. I DEFINITELY should have been born in the states! Wanna adopt me? ::nod:: 8)
Nothing would please me more my friend, and I have the money to do so, but I'm afraid your Customs might not be too happy about some minor indiscretions from my youth! Thanks all the same buddy! 8)
8)
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

Madmarco wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:42 pm
Nothing would please me more my friend, and I have the money to do so, but I'm afraid your Customs might not be too happy about some minor indiscretions from my youth! Thanks all the same buddy! 8)
Ha! They haven't kicked me out yet! :D
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

toomanyknives wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:32 pm

Oh really, ::hmm:: where do you hail from, ::shrug:: and I don't mean your Mom? 8)
8)
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

Madmarco wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:10 am
Oh really, ::hmm:: where do you hail from, ::shrug:: and I don't mean your Mom? 8)
I hail from Georgia in the U.S.A.. I figure if the US hasn't kicked me out, they would have no problem letting you in! :D
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

toomanyknives wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:03 am
I hail from Georgia in the U.S.A.. I figure if the US hasn't kicked me out, they would have no problem letting you in! :D
O.K., I finally get it bud! I knew from your avatar info you are in Georgia, but when you said they haven't kicked you out yet it sounded like you came from somewhere else, duh! I'd love to come down and visit, or stay, but your young 22 year old body and mind would need to put time aside each afternoon for naps for my ancient old 68 year old body and mind, ya still game? LOL! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

When I get a new knife it stands to reason that it will be my comfort knife for the day, and here it is! I got this knife from "doodlefroodle" on ebay, and it's the 4th piece I've received from them. It's unmarked except for a front tang stamp of "Surgical Steel Japan", and is an 8 3/4" oal swinguard slip-joint/SS dagger blade with long pull/fuller whichever you prefer and guards, SS bolsters and liners, brass pins, and black Delrin covers. Very light(for me!)at only 2.3 oz.'s, and came sharpened by the previous owner. It has a surprising walk n' talk of about 6, and relatively good fit n' finish for a used piece. Prior to seeing this knife on ebay I'd never seen this style knife before, and what I mean by that is a skinny swinguard with a dagger blade, and then this morning while browsing ebay I found another one with brown covers and clip-point blade, go figure huh! I'm really glad I spotted mine first! It'll take it's place with my "unusual" group! 8)
WIN_20210922_11_10_34_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210922_11_09_55_Pro.jpg
8)
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

Madmarco wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:35 pm
O.K., I finally get it bud! I knew from your avatar info you are in Georgia, but when you said they haven't kicked you out yet it sounded like you came from somewhere else, duh! I'd love to come down and visit, or stay, but your young 22 year old body and mind would need to put time aside each afternoon for naps for my ancient old 68 year old body and mind, ya still game? LOL! 8)
Ha! You only have me by 6 years. I'll be 62 in January. I'll place a wager that I can out nap you!! :D
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

toomanyknives wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:49 pm

Ha! You only have me by 6 years. I'll be 62 in January. I'll place a wager that I can out nap you!! :D
I'm so sorry buddy, ::handshake:: I thought you were only 22. I don't know who I had you mixed up with? ::shrug:: Oh well, at least we could have those "senior moments" together! ::facepalm:: 8)
8)
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

Madmarco wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:53 am
I'm so sorry buddy, ::handshake:: I thought you were only 22. I don't know who I had you mixed up with? ::shrug:: Oh well, at least we could have those "senior moments" together! ::facepalm:: 8)
My wife says I act like a 14 year old, so I'll take 22... :lol:
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

toomanyknives wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:09 am
I remembered ::idea:: who it is who's 22, Willy Camaro. Sorry again, although you seem O.K. ::tu:: with it! LOL! 8)
8)
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

Madmarco wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:07 pm
I remembered ::idea:: who it is who's 22, Willy Camaro. Sorry again, although you seem O.K. ::tu:: with it! LOL! 8)
All these youngsters need to get off my lawn!!! :lol:
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

toomanyknives wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:00 pm
Or what, you'll stand there and let em' shoot you?(Clint Eastwood/"Gran Torino"!) Right? LOL! 8)
8)
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

Madmarco wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:10 pm
toomanyknives wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:00 pm
Or what, you'll stand there and let em' shoot you?(Clint Eastwood/"Gran Torino"!) Right? LOL! 8)
Clint was the best man at my brother's wedding. They are golfing buddies.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”